Old May 16th 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Almost an Eton E10 Gloat !

Stopped by RS today and they had the E10 on sale for $49.97. Just
as the article I posted about sleazy Eton/Grundig/Tecsun said, the
markup
on SW radios is incredible (E10 retails for $120). At $50, RS is STILL
making a profit ! I bought one (was going to buy two, to have one
new-in-the-box, forever), but when I got it home, the plastic display
cover had a blemish; of course, the RS salesman lied to me and said
that it was new-in-the-box - RS is just as sleazy as
Eton/Grundig/Tecsun !
Maybe it turned out for the best, because the tuning knob felt, as if
it was
goint to fall off, and the buttons were so small, as to be too
annoying.
Also, with the continued demise of SW, what in the Hell was I thinking
!

Who was that guy, who spent $150 on a RS Eton E5 (from E5 gloat) ?

Old May 17th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John S. wrote:
wrote:
Stopped by RS today and they had the E10 on sale for $49.97. Just
as the article I posted about sleazy Eton/Grundig/Tecsun said, the
markup
on SW radios is incredible (E10 retails for $120). At $50, RS is STILL
making a profit !

Since you do not have access to Radio Shack cost information nor do you
know how direct and indirect overhead is allocated within the RS
system, what is the basis for this "fact".

I bought one (was going to buy two, to have one
new-in-the-box, forever), but when I got it home, the plastic display
cover had a blemish; of course, the RS salesman lied to me and said
that it was new-in-the-box - RS is just as sleazy as
Eton/Grundig/Tecsun !
Maybe it turned out for the best, because the tuning knob felt, as if
it was
goint to fall off, and the buttons were so small, as to be too
annoying.
Also, with the continued demise of SW, what in the Hell was I thinking
!

Assuming this really happened, which I seriously doubt. Is your idea
of entertainment stopping by a radio shack store to look over in great
detail and buy a radio that you thoroughly detest? You have odd ways
of keeping your self entertained. The welfare check must have come
today.

I've never heard of any senior software engineers, in the Intelligence
Community, having to take welfare. Anyway, I saw a review of the Eton
E5, I believe on RadioIntel.com, and it looked like almost an exact
match (same side switches and case), as the Degen 1103. I am curious,
why anyone would spend $150 for a RS E5, when they could get the
Degen for $65 delivered ?

Old May 17th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

wrote:

John S. wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Why would a senior software engineer, in the "Intelligence Community" buy what
they've already said was a bad piece of equipment to begin with?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 17th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

wrote:

John S. wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Allow me to follow that up with an observation that you are perhaps a 'senior
'tard boy' in a 'group home community' who possesses very little 'intelligence'.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 17th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Conan Ford

I've never heard of anyone intelligent in the intelligence community
announcing their status on a public message posting system.
Old May 17th 06, 07:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article 9,
Conan Ford wrote:

I've never heard of anyone intelligent in the intelligence community
announcing their status on a public message posting system.

He was just trying to lay the Plame someplace else.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 17th 06, 11:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:
In article 9,
Conan Ford wrote:

I've never heard of anyone intelligent in the intelligence community
announcing their status on a public message posting system.

He was just trying to lay the Plame someplace else.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Once again, thanks for all the attention ! I am sorry, it looks like
I have upset all of you again !

Almost an Eton E10 gloat !

Old May 17th 06, 11:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I'de be happy to get into a disussion about the Linux/UNIX kernel -
you know, ioctl(), copyin(), copyout(), signal handlers and interrupt
routines, memory management (implemented as a linked list of malloc()
blocks), and security clearance levels, such as, Sensitive
Compartmented Information (SCI), etc...

New Eton E5 gloat David Shortwave 0 May 12th 06 07:06 PM
ABOUT - The Eton {Etón} 'Elite' E5 AM/FM Shortwave Radio - Part II - RHF Shortwave 4 February 15th 06 12:23 AM
What the Eton E1 Rado is NOT ! -=V=- What It "IS" and What Not to Expect RHF Shortwave 14 October 20th 05 01:16 AM
Eton E1XM Radio "News & Info" / Who has the Eton E1 XM Radio "For Sale" ? / Locating an Eton E1 XM Radio to Buy ! RHF Shortwave 0 August 16th 05 03:37 AM
Grundig Satellit 900 -=V=- Eton E1 XM Radio RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:14 PM