Old October 25th 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Default What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

Dr.Ace wrote:
"john" wrote in message
Slow Code is a disgrace to Amateur Radio!

I doubt that SC even has a call sign .
Ace - WH2T

you may be right But honestly I don't think so I beleive that SC is a
older hams who moved to some retirement village, did not read the fine
print, and so can't go on the air anymore and having put his saving in
it is just plain screwed andf unable to move and not driving much can't
go HF mobile even

and he come on here and takes it out on us

Old October 25th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Old October 25th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

"Thats Right_ 20wpm" wrote in message
Slow Code is the kind of guy that everybodys hates on the air. He is
the Jammer because no one listens to him.

Probably because he doesn't have an amateur radio license .
Ace - WH2T

Old October 26th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.swap

wrote in
oups.com:

Slow Code wrote:
'Mark in the Dark' wrote in
:

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 23:33:30 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

wrote in
groups.com:

wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
according to him anyone not devoted to cw is a lowlfie
That's really sad.
...and pathetic. No one should have to go through life as a
lowlfie.

(extraneous groups deleted)

So who do you think Slow Code is? Kelly? Coslo? Deignan?

I haven't the slightest idea.

Well, I know "Slow Code" is not me.

Beyond that, he could be anybody with a computer and an internet
connection. "Slow Code" could be Len Anderson, who has used at
least seven different screen names here - that we know of.

How many screen names have you used here - that you know of?

"Slow Code" could
be Brian Burke, N0IMD,

Slow Code could be Jim/N2EY, despite protests that it isn't him.
Ditto Robesin, Coslo, Bruce, Dan, Larry Roll, or anyone else who
"appears" to be absent from RRAP.

Why don't you build up your CW skills and quit worrying about who
everyone is.

whjy should he He has passed the test and hold a general class
license

Mark in the Dark.

He can keep building his code skills to make himself a better operator.

Again, the pro-coders only equate code speed with being a good
operator. Amateur radio has only a single dimension for them - CW on
HF. Their attitude is bankrupting amateur radio.

Improving your skills doesn't make you a better operator? Sheeesh.

You can still have your microphone, but you should have to pass a code
test before you're allowed to use it. I like 5 WPM for Tech, 13 for
General, and 20wpm for Extra, but then, I'm not lazy.

SC
Old October 26th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

"Dr.Ace" wrote in
:

"Thats Right_ 20wpm" wrote in message
Slow Code is the kind of guy that everybodys hates on the air. He is
the Jammer because no one listens to him.

Probably because he doesn't have an amateur radio license .
Ace - WH2T

Tnx, 73, good luck in the contest.

SC

Old October 27th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.swap

Slow Code wrote:

Improving your skills doesn't make you a better operator? Sheeesh.

Mike, skill. Singular. There is no skill test for any other mode.

You can still have your microphone, but you should have to pass a code
test before you're allowed to use it. I like 5 WPM for Tech, 13 for
General, and 20wpm for Extra, but then, I'm not lazy.

SC

You may not be lazy, but you're fully prepared to kill off amateur
radio with archaic requirements. I guess if you can't have the amateur
radio the way you want it, to hell with it all.

Old October 28th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

" wrote in
oups.com:

From: on Sat, Oct 21 2006 4:01pm

wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

according to him anyone not devoted to cw is a lowlfie
That's really sad.
...and pathetic. No one should have to go through life as a
lowlfie.

(extraneous groups deleted)

So who do you think Slow Code is? Kelly? Coslo? Deignan?

I haven't the slightest idea.

Well, I know "Slow Code" is not me.

Beyond that, he could be anybody with a computer and an internet
connection. "Slow Code" could be Len Anderson, who has used at least
seven different screen names here - that we know of.

How many screen names have you used here - that you know of?

Jimmie will NEVER admit to using any pseudonyms. :-)

Jimmie is a proud amateur "serving his country in other ways"
such as playing with his radio hobby, spreading "international
good will" by working DX on HF with CW. :-)

"Slow Code" could be Brian Burke, N0IMD,

Slow Code could be Jim/N2EY, despite protests that it isn't him.

Not in Miccolis' petty prissy manner of "always being correct."
[i.e., thinking as Miccolis thinks...all else is "wrong"]

Miccolis already tried at least one pseudonym. That pesudo
STOPPED when confronted. [that's in the Google archives]
But, but, but...Miccolis (who never swears) swears "it wasn't
him!" AS IF. :-)

Ditto
Robesin, Coslo, Bruce, Dan, Larry Roll, or anyone else who "appears" to
be absent from RRAP.

Maybe it is Val Germann, frustrated that he can't get his
(code speed) up? :-)

Could even be KH2D after starting the Alzheimer's route...who
knows?

Maybe it is Lamont Cranston? "Who knows what evil lurks in
the hearts of No-Coders?" :-)

who has used a wide variety of screen names
here, ("billy beeper", "hot ham and cheese", to name just a few)
usually without including his name or callsign.

I understand that Brian Burke has received a whole lot less spam email
on his regular user account than when he posted here under his name and
call. I also understand that he let go of "Billy Beeper" at Han's
Brakob's request, as "Billy Beeper" was an invention of Hans, a
fictitious boy who feared evil No-Coders.

There's lots of fictitious BOYS in here fearing evil No-Coders.

Most of them use pseudonyms. No guts. No courage. No brains.

They hide behind their BFO-enabled beeping, afraid to stray
beyond the anonymity of their monotonic dots and dashes...and
dreams of glory and honor via morsemanship..."serving their
country in 'other' ways." :-)

Wheeew! Thank god you expelled most of your gas in your last post you
didn't have a lot left over for this one.

No Len. Most RRAPers aren't pro-CW, but you think they're pro code
because they're willing to learn it for a license.

Larry, Dee and Me are the only pro 'Keep the code test' people in the
group anymore.

SC

GRAYLAND 2004 FALL DXPEDITION: Compiled Logs for Oct 15-17 (Part 1) 4nradio Shortwave 4 November 1st 04 10:44 PM
New ARRL Proposal N2EY Policy 331 March 4th 04 12:02 AM
Rare Books on Electronics and Radio and Commmunications Hania Lux Equipment 0 October 22nd 03 07:48 PM
Rare Books on Electronics and Radio and Commmunications Hania Lux Equipment 0 October 22nd 03 07:48 PM
Rare Books on Radio and Electronics Hania Lux Shortwave 0 October 18th 03 12:13 AM