Old September 6th 03, 10:55 PM
Bob Weiss

Watson A.Name - Watt Sun wrote:

Things with big SCRs, like motor controllers, don't have a heatsink as
you would think of it. They use a square tube with fins pointing into
the cavity, and fans on the end.

And some of them use water-cooled aluminum "cold plates", rather than fans.

Bob Weiss N2IXK

Old September 20th 03, 05:38 AM
ånønÿmøu§

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 01:28:43 GMT, Fred Nachbaur wrote:

Yup. The one I like also is "Trust in God, but tie up your camel."

Cheers,
Fred

My joke guy sent me this one today ... It sounds too weird to be true ...

Since America is typically represented by an eagle, Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages...
The following verse is from the Quran, (the Islamic Bible)

Quran (9:11) -- For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle.
The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some
of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed
the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

( Note the verse number)
Old September 20th 03, 05:54 AM
--exray--

ånønÿmøu§ wrote:

Since America is typically represented by an eagle, Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages...
The following verse is from the Quran, (the Islamic Bible)

Quran (9:11) -- For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle.

snip

Total BS. The actual text is a bit more interesting...

[9.9] They have taken a small price for the communications of Allah, so
they turn away from His way; surely evil is it that they do.
[9.10] They do not pay regard to ties of relationship nor those of
covenant in the case of a believer; and these are they who go beyond the
limits.
[9.11] But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they
are your brethren in faith; and We make the communications clear for a
people who know.
[9.12] And if they break their oaths after their agreement and (openly)
revile your religion, then fight the leaders of unbelief-- surely their
oaths are nothing-- so that they may desist.
[9.13] What! will you not fight a people who broke their oaths and aimed
at the expulsion of the Apostle, and they attacked you first; do you
fear them? But Allah is most deserving that you should fear Him, if you
are believers.
[9.14] Fight them, Allah will punish them by your hands and bring them
to disgrace, and assist you against them and heal the hearts of a
believing people.

Old September 20th 03, 09:58 PM
ånønÿmøu§

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:17:46 -0700, W7TI wrote:

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 04:38:04 GMT, ånønÿmøu§
wrote:

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 01:28:43 GMT, Fred Nachbaur wrote:

Yup. The one I like also is "Trust in God, but tie up your camel."

Cheers,
Fred

My joke guy sent me this one today ... It sounds too weird to be true ...

Since America is typically represented by an eagle, Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages...
The following verse is from the Quran, (the Islamic Bible)

Quran (9:11) -- For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle.
The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some
of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed
the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

( Note the verse number)

_________________________________________________ ________

I did a search of the Quran with USC's search engine:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/searchquran.html

and the word "eagle" does not appear anywhere in the Quran.
You've been had.

Thanks to You and --exray--. I though so....
Old September 21st 03, 05:00 AM
Mark Jones

wrote:

[...]

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day; give a man a bible, and he'll
kill his neighbor and steal his fish..."

Old September 21st 03, 05:31 AM
Fred Nachbaur

Mark Jones wrote:

ånønÿmøu§ wrote:
[...]

I did a search of the Quran with USC's search engine:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/searchquran.html

and the word "eagle" does not appear anywhere in the Quran.
You've been had.

Thanks to You and --exray--. I though so....

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day; give a man a bible, and he'll
kill his neighbor and steal his fish..."

.... *teach* a man to fish, and he'll sit in the boat and drink beer all day.

Cheers,
Fred
| Music: http://www3.telus.net/dogstarmusic/ |
| Projects: http://dogstar.dantimax.dk |

Old September 21st 03, 06:22 PM
Watson A.Name - Watt Sun

In article ,
mentioned...

Mark Jones wrote:

ånønÿmøu§ wrote:
[...]

I did a search of the Quran with USC's search engine:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/searchquran.html

and the word "eagle" does not appear anywhere in the Quran.
You've been had.

Thanks to You and --exray--. I though so....

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day; give a man a bible, and he'll
kill his neighbor and steal his fish..."

... *teach* a man to fish, and he'll sit in the boat and drink beer all day.

Gee, so _that's_ why my dad always put the ice chest on a higher
priority than the tackle box.. :-P

Anyone remember those ice chests with the drain cock on the end? He
gave me the job of making sure the water was drained periodically.

Cheers,
Fred

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 at hotmail.com
Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com You'll be glad you did!
Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html
@@t@h@e@@a@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@m@e@e@t@@t@h@e@@E@f@f@l@ u@e@n@t@@
Old September 25th 03, 05:12 AM
:-: Ghost Chip :-:

wrote:

[...]

Bill, W7TI

The word "eagle", "hawk, and "raven" aren't in the Koran. However "bird"
appears in 14 books.
The word "Arabia" appears only once as the root word of the adjective
"Arabian:

Ha Mim
[41.44] And if We had made it a Quran in a foreign tongue, they would
certainly have said: Why have not its communications been made clear? What!
a foreign (tongue) and an Arabian! Say: It is to those who believe a
guidance and a healing; and (as for) those who do not believe, there is a
heaviness in their ears and it is obscure to them; these shall be called to
from a far-off place.

Nice joke though!

ps. Read the Koran and read the bible and judge for yourself which makes
more sense.
Ghost

Old September 25th 03, 04:56 PM
Jeffrey D Angus

W7TI wrote:
You might as well ask which makes more sense: A novel by Tom Clancy or
one by James Michener?

As of late? Faulkner or Kafka.

Jeff

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
Tara Morice as Fran, from the movie "Strictly Ballroom"

Old September 26th 03, 04:05 AM
:-: Ghost Chip :-:

"W7TI" wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 21:12:50 -0700, ":-: Ghost Chip :-:"
wrote:

ps. Read the Koran and read the bible and judge for yourself which makes
more sense.

"Sense" is not a prerequisite for religious belief, unfortunately. If
you don't have that religious belief, neither the Bible or Koran are
very meaningful, so the question of which makes more sense is
irrelevant. Oddly enough, if you *are* a believer the question of sense
is still irrelevant, but for a different reason.

You might as well ask which makes more sense: A novel by Tom Clancy or
one by James Michener?

BT

Good point!
Ghost
--
"The difference between fiction and reality
is that fiction must make sense."

Hint on replacement for Yaesu panel lamps Carl R. Stevenson Equipment 4 January 16th 04 05:35 PM
Hint on replacement for Yaesu panel lamps Carl R. Stevenson Equipment 0 January 3rd 04 03:23 AM
Nordmende Globetraveler Super dial lamps Robert Sarbell Shortwave 2 October 13th 03 02:52 AM
Lamps? Bob Homebrew 186 September 26th 03 05:26 AM
Lamps? Bob Homebrew 0 August 26th 03 10:37 PM