Old December 2nd 03, 02:01 AM
radioman

Amen Reverend. I totally agree.

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 01:02:50 GMT, "RP Jones"
wrote:

Some guys have turned the hobby into a business so they can sit home on
there fat ass's, eat 6 for a dollar hotdogs and smoke all day.
One guy here uses little tricks to go around filters...so that's one fact
treated like the plague at NASA
(a "taboo" no one has spoken about because they buy his junk)
Its disgusting.
These weasels have succumbed to Satan and have also destroyed the boatanchor
Usenet.
They need to repent by sending BA radios here !

Rev. RP.Jones

"radioman" wrote in message
.. .
Why I ask??????????????????????????

Old December 2nd 03, 02:38 AM
Ed G.

Some guys have turned the hobby into a business so they can sit home
on there fat ass's, eat 6 for a dollar hotdogs and smoke all day.

Quite frankly, I don't see the problem. The whole point of this swap
group is to buy and sell ham gear. Why would you want to lessen the
number of items for sale here?

Ed WB6SAT

Old December 2nd 03, 04:10 AM
RP Jones

Not the problem, some do and also do a "buy now option" well yea OK

But we have some abusive characters here blowing out teasers every 10
minutes to 12 hours.
Look at "RLucch2098" for example
He's 40+ multiple posts of FA fa fA FA~ Fa fa: fa; fa Fa* whatever" get the
idea ?
to go around filters,
This is clear out abusive, out of line, yet no one has the nuts (perhaps you
YL's clipped them years ago) to speak out or give a VALID defense for
spammers like this ! BTW: Shame on you RLucch2098 and "some" others keeping
quiet in the corner with the cat on your laps

HOW ABOUT a valid answer why the **abuse** (written above) bovine
chemistry by these commercial bootleggers and individuals is tolerated on
this Usenet?
Its ruining what once was a fun "Hobby"

What a bunch of whimps !!!
-Rev RP.Jones

. ..

Old December 2nd 03, 04:14 AM
Ronald Oberloh

Ed G. wrote:

Some guys have turned the hobby into a business so they can sit home
on there fat ass's, eat 6 for a dollar hotdogs and smoke all day.

Quite frankly, I don't see the problem. The whole point of this swap
group is to buy and sell ham gear. Why would you want to lessen the
number of items for sale here?

Ed WB6SAT

Each to his own I buy, sell, swap on eBay and the newsgroups. I enjoy myself. It is obvious though that the only way some people can enjoy themselves is to complain. I have tried but I can see no way to fit complaining into the purpose of the newsgroup. Obviously eBay does fit. So lets ban complainers.

Old December 2nd 03, 04:40 AM
radioman

Your right Rev. RLucch2098 is definately the problem with 10 posts
a day and its obvious what he is trying to do to get around the
filters.

Old December 2nd 03, 05:14 AM
Ed G.

But we have some abusive characters here blowing out teasers every 10
minutes to 12 hours.
Look at "RLucch2098" for example
He's 40+ multiple posts of FA fa fA FA~ Fa fa: fa; fa Fa* whatever"
get the idea ?
to go around filters,

Ya know, the BEST filter is your eyes. There's no reason you need do
anything but skip over those FA posts, if you don't like them.
Personally, I have made a couple purchases from this guy and have been
totally pleased with the process and the guy's equipment. What the hell
does it matter if 50 different guys sell one item each, or one guy sells
50? The result is the same. A happy customer who was looking for a
particular piece of radio gear and bought it.

If you complainers aren't looking at gear to buy, why are you even
reading this newsgroup?

Ed WB6SAT

Old December 2nd 03, 03:25 PM
RP Jones

What an asinine answer, this guys a spammer your are only defending because
you buy from him
Now you are also saying we "have" to look and skip and sort through this
crap after saying "use your filters"
Wrong !

If you complainers aren't looking at gear to buy, why are you even
reading this newsgroup?

Wrong again, I buy from many here "one on one"

. ..

Old December 2nd 03, 09:46 PM
Ronald Oberloh

This is a for Sales Newsgroup and eBay items are for Sales so isn't this
about enough of this stupid bashing of each other? FA: (or whatever)
describes the way it is being Sold so DON'T read the FA: (or what ever)
if you don't think they interest you.

Old December 2nd 03, 09:48 PM
Nc183d

Hi All,
As with all things, there are 2 sides to the argument here. If I want to selll
something on ebay, I list it there and don't post a teaser ad on the NG's. If I
want to sell something on the NG's, I post it there.
That being said, I think that some folks DO overdo it by posting a LOT of FA
ads on the NG's. Those folks should be restrained, but I'm not the internet
police, so it isn't for me to enforce. I personally don't filter them out as I
might just want to take a look. What I take exception to is folks that post FS
ads, then it turns out to be an ebay plug. I am also not too keen on those that
make a living out of buying these old rigs, then jacking up the price by about
200% and re-selling. Those folks are out there in ALL areas, not just
boatanchors. All in all, I try to just take it in stride and appreciate all the
good folks on the net, disregarding the creeps.
Just an opinion....
rgds,
Mark S.