Old December 2nd 03, 09:53 PM
nobody

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 02:38:43 GMT, "Ed G."
wrote:

Some guys have turned the hobby into a business so they can sit home
on there fat ass's, eat 6 for a dollar hotdogs and smoke all day.

Quite frankly, I don't see the problem. The whole point of this swap
group is to buy and sell ham gear. Why would you want to lessen the
number of items for sale here?

Ed WB6SAT

Probably because this group is NOT called alt.ebay.reflector

Just like the useless cb'ers with a callsign and their 2-meter hamshacks on
their hips ... there is the same mentality regarding ebay. Why should the lazy
buggers go look for anything themselves when they can sit here and get spoon
fed by their own ilk?

Go change yer 2 meters fer 3 meters and have fun with Howard Stern.

The meat in an idiot sandwich

Old December 2nd 03, 11:09 PM
RP Jones

More Bullcrap !!
Read the fine print and disclaimers:
To join Ebay you have to agree to there pages of marketing agreements, and
related nonsense.
Go ahead, pull your pants down in public !

-Rev

"Mark Russo" wrote in message
Ebay is one on one, when it's over!

Old December 2nd 03, 11:17 PM
Ed G.

What an asinine answer, this guys a spammer your are only defending
because you buy from him

Your above statement is so dumb I don't know if I can explain it to
you. Yes, I defend him because I buy from him. I buy from others here on
the "SWAP" group too! Why are you even reading this group if you aren't
looking for ham gear to buy?

Ed WB6SAT
Old December 3rd 03, 02:46 AM
Noon-Air

"Nc183d" wrote in message
Hi All,
As with all things, there are 2 sides to the argument here. If I want to

selll
something on ebay, I list it there and don't post a teaser ad on the NG's.

If I
want to sell something on the NG's, I post it there.
That being said, I think that some folks DO overdo it by posting a LOT of

FA
ads on the NG's. Those folks should be restrained, but I'm not the

internet
police, so it isn't for me to enforce. I personally don't filter them out

as I
might just want to take a look. What I take exception to is folks that

post FS
ads, then it turns out to be an ebay plug. I am also not too keen on those

that
make a living out of buying these old rigs, then jacking up the price by

about
200% and re-selling. Those folks are out there in ALL areas, not just
boatanchors. All in all, I try to just take it in stride and appreciate

all the
good folks on the net, disregarding the creeps.
Just an opinion....
rgds,
Mark S.

Just an observation.....If I need some radio stuff, I look both here and
e-bay. In my view, my time is limited and valuable. Having FA stuff on here
wastes my time. Yes I use filters because I don't need to see FA stuff here
too. It seems to me that if somebody insists on using variations of "FA" in
his/her post subject lines, is in fact guilty of SPAMMING.

-n6ojn
--
Steve @ Noon-Air Heating and A/C

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you,
do not look for any other standard to judge by:
the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
- -- La Bruyere

Old December 3rd 03, 02:56 AM
Ed G.

Just an observation.....If I need some radio stuff, I look both here
and e-bay. In my view, my time is limited and valuable. Having FA
stuff on here wastes my time.

Thats an interesting observation! I find this circumstance to be just
the opposite for me. It is much easier to look here in this single
concise listing for ALL ham gear available, rather than having to hunt and
search through E-Bay listings, which are much more spread out than here.
Then again, I am usually looking at all gear.... browsing.... rather than
any particular piece of equipment.

Ed WB6SAT

Old December 3rd 03, 03:01 AM
Mark Russo

Good gosh, so much anger out there!
Isn't there anything else more important out there to worry about?
Like if the terrorists should decide to blow something else up and kill more
of us?
Who really cares about FS / FA.
If you don't care to view the FA's, don't.
If you do care to view them, do.
It's that simple.
Grow up! Life is way to important!!

73

Old December 3rd 03, 04:06 AM
Noon-Air

"Ed G." wrote in message
.. .

Just an observation.....If I need some radio stuff, I look both here
and e-bay. In my view, my time is limited and valuable. Having FA
stuff on here wastes my time.

Thats an interesting observation! I find this circumstance to be just
the opposite for me. It is much easier to look here in this single
concise listing for ALL ham gear available, rather than having to hunt and
search through E-Bay listings, which are much more spread out than here.
Then again, I am usually looking at all gear.... browsing.... rather than
any particular piece of equipment.

Ed WB6SAT

When I am looking for ham gear, I am looking for specific items. A simple
search on E-bay tells me if its there or not, then I leave it in a notify
mode... if one of what I am looking for shows up, I get an e-mail. This
saves me a lot of time. My time is worth $60/hr...what is *your* time
worth??

Old December 3rd 03, 04:01 PM
Jon Van Allen

Because we can. I've subscribed to this newsgroup for about 8 years, the
whiners come and go. Meanwhile the rest of us use our friggin heads and
don't read the posts that don't interest us, period. Life is too short to
whine about such ridiculous nonsense.

Old December 3rd 03, 07:12 PM
Ronald Oberloh

My time is worth a $10,000 an hour but can't get anyone to pay me so
just enjoy myself looking at stupid posts in this newsgroups. I expect
you have given up sleeping also.

Noon-Air wrote:

. ..