Old January 31st 04, 01:59 AM
DOUGLAS SNOWDEN

Default Has ebay taken over?

I see far less posts on this group than I did a couple of years ago.
Depressing, because there really are not many deals to be gotten off of ebay
from my experience.

Doug N4IJ

Old January 31st 04, 03:44 AM
Old School

Thats why they went to ebay, they want the most $$$ for the equipment
and the audience is there. Used to be so much in here that you would
be here for a greater part of the day looking.

Old January 31st 04, 01:47 PM
Fuzzy Buzzard

One day people are going to wake up and see there paying too much for it
too.
But most don't know enough to check the fair market value of what there
buying.
BUYING FROM E-BAY SUCKS
SELLING ON E-BAY YOU GET TOP DOLLAR MOST OF THE TIME.

I don't use it for either.
Dave
KG4KOX

Old January 31st 04, 02:02 PM
dbn

I try and use the news groups and Ham websites first when I sell or trade.
BUT I find that if it doesnt sell in the first few days of listing it on the
groups or websites it is not going to sell at all. Since I dont want to
keep posting it over and over on the websites ect. off to eBay it goes where
I get more money but have to pay also. If the folks on the groups and
website were willing to pay fair market then no one would have to use eBay.
Trying to get a $500 item for $400 is kewl but trying to get a new ProII for
$500 less is just plain insulting....And then folk whine abt how someone
wouldnt take their offer...geeze......
Oh and as far as getting someone to work a TRADE with....its like walking
thru a auto factory, lots on noise but not much production!

IHMO...Dan

--
If I am tired now, why do I have to RETIRE later?

Old January 31st 04, 05:19 PM
John

I personally don't care for eBay - it's a marvelous safe haven for rip off
artists - con men (those selling "junk" equipment as MINT) - and crooks.

Your only recourse is to complain to eBay who does - nothing. They don't
care. They got money when the item was posted - again when the item was
sold, and again if the buyer used Paypal to pay for the goods (which eBay
now owns)...

They reply to all complaints with computer 'canned' messages that the buyer
and seller should try and 'work it out' ("Can't we all just get along?")
and - a last resort - to post "negative feedback" in the crooks account --
who will simply turn around and post negative feedback about YOU out of
spite...

This one particular low life has since opened up a different account with
eBay (too many negatives under his other made up name (another practice
which should NOT be allowed!) and is doing it all over again.

We've reported his new actions to eBay - without a response. So, he'll do
it again, and again, and again under different names... Ebay has his (real)
personal information - they could ban him from the site - but they don't.
They're still making money regardless of who gets ripped off in the process.

Ebay sucks.

They should be shut down as promoters of larceny, rip-off artists, and as a
haven for crooks - or better yet - be held *culpable* for the crooked
dealings resulting from their use of their site...

Got ripped off on eBay? Tough. Tell it to the Chaplain.

Just my thoughts...

John

Old January 31st 04, 08:08 PM
Fuzzy Buzzard

Damn John,
I couldn't have put it better myself without a few choice words...
I love it when they cry about getting ripped, then I rip there ass for
dealing with e-bay. I have a DUMB ASS friend that has been screwed
at least 5 times on that place. But the clown keeps going back. So he
deserves what he gets.
Dave

nk.net...

Old January 31st 04, 08:09 PM
Brian Hill

"John" wrote in message
nk.net...
I personally don't care for eBay - it's a marvelous safe haven for rip off
artists - con men (those selling "junk" equipment as MINT) - and crooks.

Thats funny. I've been ripped off more in the newsgroups and elseware than
on Ebay. At least on Ebay I can see their feedback.

--
73 and good DXing
RX:

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianehill/

Old January 31st 04, 08:25 PM
MR NO SPAM

I used to advertise many FS items here a couple years ago when I had my
previous ISP. I did a brisk business. Once E-Bay took hold, sales died. Not
only that, the news groups transformed into major battle grounds rather than
stay on topic. A great distracter. People want to see what is offered, not
filter a bunch of name calling. It got so bad with one such group, I had to
delete it altogether. It has lost its purpose. So, guess what? I went where
the money is. Some one wrote about feed back issues. IF you look at BOTH
peoples feedback, you can usually tell who is being truthful. When I go to
buy on E-bay - which I've found many good deals, I check ALL negatives even
if the person's positives far outweigh the negatives. IF I get an uneasy
feeling, I don't bid. I've not been screwed yet. And as for selling, I have
all positives. I tell it like it is. I hold no gun to anyone's head to buy.
READING THE FINE PRINT, a good communication between parties to answer
concerns goes a long way. I've seen people whine about deals they made - to
the news groups, and post the e-bay number as their evidence. I and others
looked at the article and it was clear, the buyer failed to read what was
said. He whined about things he felt were hidden, when in fact they were
spelled out in black and white. E-Bay is good.. but like anything, even news
group deals, you must use CAUTION. There are MANY out to screw people. The
computer makes it so much easier. Happy buying/selling - whatever your
methods. MNS

"Brian Hill" brianehill@charterDOTnet wrote in message

nk.net...

Old February 1st 04, 03:29 AM
JOE

Waaaaaa waaaaa waaaaaaa

Gee - such a new topic. Learn to use F I L T E R S - you use
filters on your damn radios to eliminate QRM, and they aren't
anywhere NEAR as accurate as a newsreader KILL FILE, and
yet you keep on whining.

Do you get on 20 meters and WHINE at the QRM and QRN?
Gripe to anyone who'll listen that there's interference?

Bunch of whining nitwits. Get over it - Ebay is here to stay, and
no amount of your endless whining and hand wringing will change
that, and THANK GOD FOR THAT.

JOE