Old June 28th 04, 04:36 PM
Chip G.

In article , nospam\
" wrote:

Actually, Al of them are QUITE TRUE! , and like your assumption of my name
(actually JIM), your are false!

Well, you might want to tell the FCC that, since they clearly list your
name as Arthur J. Foster Jr. Of course it is possible that they are
wrong, but only if you lied to them.

That the feds have wanted out of the radio
business for years now, is no joke!

Now we see it is clear that you are delusional. Radio is their
business. That can't be changed.

just place it on the air- the fcc DOES NOT REQUIRE LICENSES! Believe what
you wish, the circumstances detailed are already in place, and more
deregulation is to come. When the cost overrides the benefits, the FCC will
act!

sigh It is depressing listening to your lies and inuendos. Guess I'll
just add you to my kill file and move on to people who live in a stable
universe that isn't all doom and gloom.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

--
--Chip
remove dots in prefix to fix email address

Old June 29th 04, 12:43 AM
NN7KEXK7ZFG@\(nospam\)SBCGLOBAL.NET

Chip:
And, so Your first name in the FCC database is "CHIP", or CHIPERSON, is it,
or would you rather
go by "George" But, then, as i go by my middle name, I wont rub it in..
Had you gone tad further int buckmasters, you would have
seen my name (and other data!). What I have stated is the truth, and anyone
in the 2-way/commercial
broadcast industry will be happy to back me up-- The Radio Telephone
licenses were to expire over
20 years ago (ABOLISHED by the FCC ! and, in fact an outfit named NABOR
issued certificates that
did little more than state that at one time you HAD a commercial license) !
The Industry beefed about
not having an easy time figureing out who was compent, and who wasn't. so
the FCC relented-- sort of !
Fact- They NO LONGER give ANY tests for AMATEUR , nor COMMERCIAL radio
licenses
(either TELEPHONY, nor TELEGRAPH) Tests are administered by W5YI for all of
them.
The FCC WILL , upon W5YI's completeing of the paperwork , issue a lifetime
license for radio telephone.
Am unsure on Radio telegraph, as dont have one (my fault- have credit for 20
wpm, grandfathered
because of the age of my EXTRA CLASS)! Now, as to WHAT those commercial
licenses are good
for (again in telephony), AS STATED, they haven't been required for
MAINTAINENCE of TELEVISION , Broadcast AM, FM, Microwave sites, nor TWO WAY
equipment for years , now!
What they ARE still REQUIRED for is for AIRCRAFT RADIOS, and a couple of
other minor
applications! And the ONLY reason for that is because of International
TREATIES!
And, as to Spread Spectrum, I can give you full details on that, as well as
the interference potential
involved, as you see was in the business , working for the railroad for over
30 years, on such equipment.
And can personally tell you about SPREAD SPECTRUM, on a commercial basis!
Seems that
the railroad I worked for (till retired about 3 years ago), needed to
establish a repeater for Centeral
Train Control, (yeh, they going to radios, from open wire)! and that one of
the major suppliers
of spread spectrum ships ALL their products with a default code of 2-B even
tho, there are some 45-50
different codes , or "sequences" that can be used for them these are
treated as part 15 type
devices ! All well and good,
except, as stated, NO LICENSES , nor COORDINATION is required! Innitially
it worked fine
until interference occured! Now, just WHO has the knowlege to fing THAT
INTERFERENCE?
NOT THE FCC-- its YOUR PROBLEM, they stated- well, in the middle of the
night, in a snowcat,
2 others, and my self changed those codes, on a mountain. After many
enquiries, found local
power company had placed in service one of these sets! (that was about 8
years ago) AND, there
is STILL NO LICENSE INVOLVED!! The FCC COULD require one, but has backed
out of it alltogether. And-remember - if they SELL frequencies to the
services, then the FCC WON'T
be involved (as they are now) -- Those guys looking for due protection and
equil justice,
will have NONE when it comes to an OWNER of that spectrum, as it will be him
and his lawyer vs. a VERY UPSET OWNER, looking for redress from a
TRESSPASSER! (fines? no SUE THEM INTO SUBMISSION)! Jim NN7K

"Chip G." wrote in message