Old February 21st 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
Woody

Default Need Donated Radios

Hey... now there is a high-quality idea, kudos Bob!
rb

"Bob Miller" wrote in message
On 19 Feb 2006 17:24:21 -0800, "Kap" wrote:

Me and a couple friends are trying to start a amature radio group for
youths our age and we desperately need radios to demonstrate what
amature radio is like all we have is a Yaesu FT2800M just 2 meters
only. We'd like to demonstrate HF communications but we can not afford
a HF transceiver. If anybody has a extra HF transceiver or discount
price please let us know.

Put up a web site with some pictures of you guys working your one
little radio -- make your appeal again with a web site to go to so
people will know who & what they're donating to. You might have better
luck than with this strictly text approach.

bob
k5qwg

Old February 21st 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
Carter, K8VT

Kap wrote:
Me and a couple friends are trying to start a amature radio group for
youths our age and we desperately need radios to demonstrate what
amature radio is like all we have is a Yaesu FT2800M just 2 meters
only. We'd like to demonstrate HF communications but we can not afford
a HF transceiver. If anybody has a extra HF transceiver or discount
price please let us know.

Kap,

I see that you have a Technician license. How would you be planning to
demonstrate HF?

73,
Carter K8VT
Old February 21st 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
Kap

We are gonna scan thorugh each band and demonstrate each type of
propagation, when the band is in good conditions, different modes, etc.

Old February 21st 06, 06:45 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
bill

Default Check with Radio Mart on ebay.

This cat on ebay has more radios than Carter has liver pills. Besides
he could afford to drop a few rigs your way.

Know that old man he will stand you up!

bill in LA.

What Amateur Radio Emergency Communications? TOM General 199 October 29th 05 03:29 PM
Got my Kaito today Ryan Shortwave 31 May 3rd 05 04:35 PM
Radios On Sale Jmap702 Swap 0 March 30th 04 03:17 PM
FS MOTOROLA RADIO'S John Swap 0 February 3rd 04 07:53 AM
FS MOTOROLA RADIOS HT1000'S , VISAR'S ,& MAXTRAC'S John Equipment 0 January 19th 04 05:44 AM