Old September 11th 09, 10:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Corriolis force

On Sep 11, 4:51*pm, Richard Fry wrote:
On Sep 11, 4:43*pm, "Dave" wrote: no, it won't.

What scientific analysis/proof will provide to support your point of
view?

Cancel my above challenge -- and sorry, Dave.

RF
Old September 11th 09, 11:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Richard Fry" wrote in message
On Sep 11, 4:51 pm, Richard Fry wrote:
On Sep 11, 4:43 pm, "Dave" wrote: no, it won't.

What scientific analysis/proof will provide to support your point of
view?

Cancel my above challenge -- and sorry, Dave.

i'm glad you came around and saw it my way. i was thinking of qualifying it
with something like 'in the absense of external non-linear media or
junctions...' but decided it was easier to not muddy the water... he's not
going to learn anyway.

Old September 11th 09, 11:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sep 11, 5:12 pm, "Dave" wrote:
i'm glad you came around and saw it my way.

What I saw was that I had mistakenly attributed your comment "no, it
won't," to S*.

That was the error leading to the retraction of my post assuming so.

RF
Old September 11th 09, 11:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sep 11, 5:12 pm, "Dave" wrote:
i'm glad you came around and saw it my way.

What I saw was that I had mistakenly attributed your comment "no, it
won't," to S*.

That was the error leading to the retraction of my post assuming so.

RF

Now I'm getting really confused!

Chris

Old September 12th 09, 08:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Dave" wrote

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

Now is the electronic era. Electronic is from electrons. They are
compressible and have the inertia. You all construct antennas where
electrons build up voltage. But on the blackboard are math for
incompressible fluid.

no it isn't. you are obviously way out of date. stop looking way in the
past for theories that were obviously disproven decades ago and look at
modern texts to see which ones have survived 100+ years of experimental
evidence.

Which one "survived 100+ years of experimental evidence." The
incompressible fluid or the elcctrons. The both have 100+ years.
At first were the two fluids (positive and negative). Poisson made the
beautiful math for them.
Next Aepinus and Franklin propose the one fluid (negative). Maxwell made the
Math for it. Fluid was incompressible and massless.
Next electron were discowered. Charges witch mass and inertia.

Look at the famous equations - there no voltage at all (only current).

in any electronic system you really only need voltage OR current, they are
always related by the impedance.

They are related when current flow. The voltage is supply dependent.

So if you read modern texts you will often see that they derive equations
in either voltage or current form then show the other form for reference,
or sometimes leave it as an excercise for the student.

If somebody do math for electrons then such math will be on the
blackboards.
But it is not necessary. The beautifull EM equations are the same like
for fluid mechanics. They will be saved. Radio engineers do not use them
and can wait for the proper ones the next centuries.

no, real engineers are trying to educate people like you who are stuck in
the past with outdated theories and simplified misconceptions.

Engineers use electrons. Teach me about them.

.. or we could just ignore you and hope you go away quickly. personally i
think it is more fun to watch what comes out of the mouths of babes when
you tickle their feet.

So i go to another topic.
S*

Old September 12th 09, 09:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Richard Fry" wrote
On Sep 11, 1:45 pm, Szczepan Białek wrote:
The both antennas (transmitter and receiver) should be aligned. You
wrote:

"Most compact, and inexpensive MW AM broadcast receivers use an
integrated,
ferrite core "loopstick" receive antenna.

When such receivers are oriented with their control legends and

displays aligned in the horizontal plane, as when the bottom/back of
the receiver is sitting on a table, "

S* then wrote:

It means that the waves are horizontaly polarized.

Not so. The receive antenna I described responds to the magnetic

field, not the electric field.

MW has about hundred meters. Is impossible to place normal dipole. The
helical wound antenna is used. The rules are the same like for normal
dipole.

In an EM wave these two fields are at right angles to each other, and to
the direction of travel.

The polarisation of a wave is given by the physical orientation of its

electric field. If that field is vertically polarised then the
receive antenna I described will receive maximum (magnetic) field, and
my experiment will prove that the incoming EM wave is vertically
polarised.

Fields are the math. I am writing about real observations.

One mast is omnidirectional. The two are directional like a horizontal
dipole.

However a horizontal dipole radiates horizontally polarised waves. A

directional MW array radiates vertically polarized waves, regardless
of the shape of its azimuth pattern.

Look at the loop antennas. The polarization depends from feeding place.
The two masts is like "special" tipped dipole. The masts are 1/2 wave lenght
apart.
S*

Old September 12th 09, 12:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Szczepan Białek" wrote in message

-- snip --

Engineers use electrons. Teach me about them.

Whenever anyone offers you the correct version of anything you argue against
it and claim to know better, so there's no evidence at all that you are here
to learn.

.. or we could just ignore you and hope you go away quickly. personally
i think it is more fun to watch what comes out of the mouths of babes when
you tickle their feet.

So i go to another topic.
S*

Oh yes, please, go away and bother a different news group. You've wasted
enough time here.

Chris

Old September 12th 09, 12:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sep 12, 3:53*am, Szczepan Białek wrote:
S* wrote about ferrite loopstick antennas:
MW has about hundred meters. Is impossible to place normal dipole.
The helical wound antenna is used. The rules are the same like
for normal dipole.

Untrue. Please read the description linked below, which states that
these antennas respond to the magnetic field of an EM wave. Dipoles
respond to the electric field.

As the magnetic field of a vertically-polarised wave lies in the
horizontal plane, loopstick antennas in AM broadcast receivers are
positioned horizontally.

http://www.radio-electronics.com/inf...od_antenna.php

S* wrote about directional MW arrays...

The masts are 1/2 wave lenght apart.

Their spacing can vary depending on the directional pattern needed by
the station.

RF
Old September 12th 09, 01:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

[...]

real engineers use positive current, physicists use electron flow, as do
some technicians.

.. or we could just ignore you and hope you go away quickly. personally
i think it is more fun to watch what comes out of the mouths of babes when
you tickle their feet.

So i go to another topic.
S*

great, just what we need, you spreading your ancient misconceptions around.

Old September 12th 09, 01:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_electrons
--
73, Cecil, IEEE, OOTC, http://www.w5dxp.com

Force 12 - C3S [email protected] Antenna 1 October 8th 07 06:56 AM
Air Force 1 dxAce Shortwave 3 May 21st 05 08:08 PM
Air Force One dxAce Shortwave 0 June 29th 04 05:40 PM
FS: Force 12 jerryz Swap 0 October 12th 03 12:47 PM
Force 12 C-4 jerryz Antenna 0 August 9th 03 02:24 PM