Old December 6th 15, 02:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.config

Default Disrupting Usenet NGs

On Sat, 5 Dec 2015 23:42:55 -0000, "gareth"
wrote:

From your own gratuitous abuse above, I take it that you are a
CBer-masquerading-as-a-radio-ham,
and to help you to understand the difference, I append my FAQ ...

So much for burning bridges behind you. I suggest you not set fire to
the bridge that you're standing upon.

I got my start in radio as a CB operator. Most of my ham radio
friends in high skool were also CB operators. That's because we could
afford a CB radio or the 1960's, but not ham radios of the day. I
tried to build my own, but lacked the time and expertise. I settled
for converting old mobile FM radios and repeaters into a workable
communications system. Circa 1965:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/Old%20Repeaters/slides/wb6eep-01.html
Had it not been for CB, I would not have been able to get a start in
radio of any type.

More recently, some of the best volunteers for events and emergency
operations came from the CB sector. When looking in the mirror, don't
assume that you're seeing the entire world. Ham radio is a very big
hobby, with room for contesting, DX, experimentation, EME, antennas,
chatting, emergency services, public service, message passing, and
whatever else you can devise within the rules and regulations. Each
area comes and goes as the times change. Were ham radio limited to
being only a technical hobby, it would have died long ago.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old December 6th 15, 03:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 12/5/2015 4:33 PM, Bob wrote:
On Sat, 05 Dec 2015 12:30:27 +0000, Phil Kyle wrote:

On 05/12/15 12:16, Jimbo in the Borders ... wrote:

I admit it ....I wasn't beat up ...

I suggest ignoring Gareth for the rest of Dec. Not crowing about
shunning, or talking around him, just plain ignoring his posts.

December? When will the otherwise smart people here stop feeding Evens by
letting him draw them into useless discussions designed to illicit responses? I
long ago kill filed him, why don't others do the same? He clearly has nothing to
contribute to rra.antenna, kill filing, or simply ignoring him will go a long
way to eliminating the problem troll. Enough is enough already.

I've kill filed him and a few others who seem to only post abuse
directed toward him. I'm on the verge of adding Jeff. I have tried the
same experiment he is conducting. The difference is I saw the futility
of it in a few iterations. Even though Jeff is kill filed by him Jeff
continues to reply to him with posts that are exceedingly more annoying.

This group has really gone to the dogs. One that was much worse was a
physics group where I am pretty sure everyone posting is insane.

--

Rick
Old December 6th 15, 08:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

En el artículo , Jeff
Liebermann escribió:

Hopefully, Gareth will have imploded by then.

Unfortunately, he keeps coming back like a bad smell once he thinks the
coast is clear. He's been at this since 1997, you know.

The man is quite clearly unhinged. Only a stake through the heart and
burying face-down in a lead-lined coffin will suffice.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!
Old December 6th 15, 09:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

En el artículo , Anton Deque
escribió:

On Sat, 05 Dec 2015 17:14:22 +0000, gareth wrote:
, and yet
the other 9 NGs to which I subscribe with a different ID via aioe

Quoth Gareth Alun Evans in Message-ID:
k:

"Possibly, but not as sad as those who hide behind a pseudonym."

QED.

--
(\_/)
Old December 6th 15, 10:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
news
It is unclear from what you post below as to whether you agree
or disagree with the suggestion that you are engaged in a one-sided stalking
of me?

I do not see that using my school nickname is hiding?

Old December 6th 15, 11:45 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

En el artículo , gareth
escribió:

If you had a teenage daughter, which would you prefer her to receive, sex
education or sex training?

You disgusting old pervert. Just shows how your mind works. Bet you'd
like to do the sex training yourself, on a one-to-one basis, hm?

And you have the nerve to call others a danger to children in malicious
poison pen emails to their employers.

--
(\_/)
Old December 6th 15, 12:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

You're posting as "****ty Pants No Mates"?

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Old December 6th 15, 12:25 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

En el artículo , Mike Tomlinson
escribió:

Bet you'd
like to do the sex training yourself, on a one-to-one basis, hm?

Always assuming you could sort out that little problem you mentioned a
while back. What was it again? Ah yes. You're, um, unable to "rise to
the occasion". Lol!

Pervert.

--
(\_/)
Old December 6th 15, 05:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sun, 6 Dec 2015 12:57:33 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:

Jeff, please feel free to join RSGBTech, a Yahoo group which is
specifically intended for the technical amateurs and those who wish to
learn. It is moderated so the likes of Evans don't get to disrupt it.

Thank you, but no. I'm currently subscribed to 29 Yahoo groups. Ever
since Yahoo "updated" their software about 2 years ago, I've been
having difficulties with indexing and searches, disappearing messages,
and missing files. I'm not the only one as I sometimes receive email
from various admins warning of message and file corruption. Coupled
with Yahoo's persistent demands for my cell phone number, I really
don't want to expand my use of Yahoo Groups.

Old December 6th 15, 06:03 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

escribió:
If you had a teenage daughter, which would you prefer her to receive, sex
education or sex training?

You disgusting old pervert. Just shows how your mind works. Bet you'd
like to do the sex training yourself, on a one-to-one basis, hm?

And you have the nerve to call others a danger to children in malicious
poison pen emails to their employers.

Maybe this is another reason why it's fortunate that Beanie has never
fathered any sprogs, (as far as we Know)
--
;-)
..

Usenet and NGs dying? gareth Antenna 17 December 5th 15 05:49 AM
The decline of Usenet gareth Antenna 4 September 14th 15 09:27 AM
Posting on Usenet is.... [email protected] Shortwave 2 April 14th 07 04:57 AM
Why I don't use my call on usenet. Slow Code General 16 November 6th 06 09:31 AM
Why I don't use my call on usenet. Slow Code Policy 16 November 6th 06 09:31 AM