Old December 6th 15, 06:29 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Disrupting Usenet NGs

On Sun, 6 Dec 2015 11:45:02 +0000
Mike Tomlinson wrote:

En el artículo , gareth
escribió:

If you had a teenage daughter, which would you prefer her to
receive, sex education or sex training?

You disgusting old pervert. Just shows how your mind works. Bet
you'd like to do the sex training yourself, on a one-to-one basis, hm?

Nah, he's recently admitted that, these days, the only lumps he gets in
the trousers is at the back.

Old December 7th 15, 11:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.config

On 05/12/2015 15:07, Phil Kyle wrote:
On 05/12/15 12:32, Jimbo in the Borders ... wrote:
"Phil Kyle" wrote in message
web.com...
On 05/12/15 12:16, Jimbo in the Borders ... wrote:

I admit it ....I wasn't beat up ...

I suggest ignoring Gareth for the rest of Dec. Not crowing about
shunning,
or talking around him, just plain ignoring his posts.

why?...

Because he's shown time and time again that he's unwilling to listen to
reason, so any reply just gives him an excuse to post even more
hysterical nonsense. I don't think that he's as technically inept as he
like us to believe - he only posts his bizarre theories because he knows
that a number of people can't resist correcting them¹ which does nothing
to educate him and just gives him a reason to squeal "abuse".

¹ https://xkcd.com/386/

so you would rather have a liar like brian ? ....

--
Man at Oxfam
All things DIGITAL do not work
Old December 7th 15, 11:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.config

On 05/12/2015 15:40, Michael Black wrote:
I've never looked in the UK newsgroup, all I see is when what happens
there falls out to the rec.radio.amateur.* hierarchy. Maybe there is a
real grievance, maybe not, but out here, I see people more interested in
attacking him than talking about amateur radio.

Michael

very true it is shocking ....

Old December 7th 15, 06:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In message , Brian Reay writes
Jeff, please feel free to join RSGBTech, a Yahoo group which is
specifically intended for the technical amateurs and those who wish to
learn. It is moderated so the likes of Evans don't get to disrupt it.

If you would like an invitation, which speeds up the joining process,
drop me an Email. There is a valid address on my website.

There's a rumour on the Yahoo NDB list that the Yahoo groups may be
numbered. Rumour may stem from :-

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ya...0TN2IC20151205
#KMJHucvR0ufqhUcL.97

Brian
--
Brian Howie
Old December 7th 15, 07:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 12/7/2015 1:59 PM, Brian Howie wrote:
In message , Brian Reay writes
Jeff, please feel free to join RSGBTech, a Yahoo group which is
specifically intended for the technical amateurs and those who wish to
learn. It is moderated so the likes of Evans don't get to disrupt it.

If you would like an invitation, which speeds up the joining process,
drop me an Email. There is a valid address on my website.

There's a rumour on the Yahoo NDB list that the Yahoo groups may be
numbered. Rumour may stem from :-

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ya...0TN2IC20151205
#KMJHucvR0ufqhUcL.97

If Yahoo groups are taken down what are reasonable alternatives?

--

Rick

Old December 7th 15, 07:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Brian Howie wrote:
In message , Brian Reay writes
Jeff, please feel free to join RSGBTech, a Yahoo group which is
specifically intended for the technical amateurs and those who wish to
learn. It is moderated so the likes of Evans don't get to disrupt it.

If you would like an invitation, which speeds up the joining process,
drop me an Email. There is a valid address on my website.

There's a rumour on the Yahoo NDB list that the Yahoo groups may be
numbered. Rumour may stem from :-

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ya...0TN2IC20151205
#KMJHucvR0ufqhUcL.97

It'll be GeoCities all over again soon enough, aborted without ceremony.

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Old December 7th 15, 07:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

rickman wrote:
On 12/7/2015 1:59 PM, Brian Howie wrote:
In message , Brian Reay writes
Jeff, please feel free to join RSGBTech, a Yahoo group which is
specifically intended for the technical amateurs and those who wish to
learn. It is moderated so the likes of Evans don't get to disrupt it.

If you would like an invitation, which speeds up the joining process,
drop me an Email. There is a valid address on my website.

There's a rumour on the Yahoo NDB list that the Yahoo groups may be
numbered. Rumour may stem from :-

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ya...0TN2IC20151205
#KMJHucvR0ufqhUcL.97

If Yahoo groups are taken down what are reasonable alternatives?

Usenet.

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Old December 7th 15, 07:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In message , rickman
writes
On 12/7/2015 1:59 PM, Brian Howie wrote:
In message , Brian Reay writes
Jeff, please feel free to join RSGBTech, a Yahoo group which is
specifically intended for the technical amateurs and those who wish to
learn. It is moderated so the likes of Evans don't get to disrupt it.

If you would like an invitation, which speeds up the joining process,
drop me an Email. There is a valid address on my website.

There's a rumour on the Yahoo NDB list that the Yahoo groups may be
numbered. Rumour may stem from :-

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ya...0TN2IC20151205
#KMJHucvR0ufqhUcL.97

If Yahoo groups are taken down what are reasonable alternatives?

Google Groups was mentioned as an alterative. I'm not subscribed to any
google groups, so I don't know how they work. I use mailing lists for
the yahoo groups I use rather than the web client. I don't know if
google groups operate mailing lists.

Brian
--
Brian Howie
Old December 7th 15, 08:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In message , Stephen Thomas Cole
writes
rickman wrote:
On 12/7/2015 1:59 PM, Brian Howie wrote:
In message , Brian Reay writes
Jeff, please feel free to join RSGBTech, a Yahoo group which is
specifically intended for the technical amateurs and those who wish to
learn. It is moderated so the likes of Evans don't get to disrupt it.

If you would like an invitation, which speeds up the joining process,
drop me an Email. There is a valid address on my website.

There's a rumour on the Yahoo NDB list that the Yahoo groups may be
numbered. Rumour may stem from :-

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ya...0TN2IC20151205
#KMJHucvR0ufqhUcL.97

If Yahoo groups are taken down what are reasonable alternatives?

Usenet.

RFD uk.radio.amateur.rsgbtechgroup.moderated ?

The problem with Usenet is you can't have a repository of files . I
subscribe to the LTSpice and other yahoo groups that have colossal
libraries of useful stuff. Shifting that to Google Groups would be a
nightmare.

Brian
--
Brian Howie
Old December 7th 15, 08:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 12/7/2015 2:54 PM, Brian Howie wrote:
In message , rickman writes
[...]

I don't recall if google groups will do the mailing thing or not. I
know it originally didn't have any other functions like file storage.
I'm not sure what it does now as I don't use it. I know it mirrors
usenet stuff.

--

Rick

Usenet and NGs dying? gareth Antenna 17 December 5th 15 05:49 AM
The decline of Usenet gareth Antenna 4 September 14th 15 09:27 AM
Posting on Usenet is.... [email protected] Shortwave 2 April 14th 07 04:57 AM
Why I don't use my call on usenet. Slow Code General 16 November 6th 06 09:31 AM
Why I don't use my call on usenet. Slow Code Policy 16 November 6th 06 09:31 AM