Old February 12th 11, 06:33 AM
Member

Location: Tampa florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Franklin View Post
The last verticle I had up was a 4BTV. I mounted it on top of a
chain link fence. I bonded the top rail to the mount pole and bonded the
link fence part as well. The top rail was at least 40 feet either side of
where the verticle was mounted. I got out like GANG BUSTERS! Usually people
who complain about verticles not radiating well are the ones who don't work
them against a good ground reference. 17 years as a broadcast engineer put
me onto good grounds....

73,
WB7FFI

"Michael Melland, W9WIS" wrote in message
I moved in December and was hoping to install a ground mounted Hustler 5BTV
vertical at my new place. I had hoped to lay down a good set of radials
under the vertical for better efficiency then the GAP Titan I had
previously.

Mike, W9WIS
That's what a friend of mine does here in Tampa. He has a vertical mounted to the intersection of 2 chain link fences. Now he is on Davis Island in the middle of Tampa Bay, and all that salt water don't hurt either!
Ka7niq
http://www.saferoofcleaning.com

Radial Wire Antennas - by Peter Chambers RHF Shortwave 1 January 26th 05 04:49 PM
radial question larry d clark Antenna 1 October 13th 04 09:01 PM
FS: Hustler RM-75-S Tom Bruhns Antenna 0 June 27th 04 03:34 PM
Radial Question Mike Coslo Antenna 5 March 11th 04 03:40 PM