Old July 18th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

Default OT: Outsourcing

jawod wrote in :

Slow Code wrote:
"RHF" wrote in
ups.com:

JB - Spoken like a True Red and White
{Blue-in-the-Face} Canadian ~ RHF
.
.
. .

Kanadians are more Red... Commie Red.

slow code is lo-co

LOL, Good one jawod. Did you come up with that all by yourself
or did you have to copy & paste one of Markie's spelling mistakes.

SC
Old July 18th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

Slow Code wrote:
jawod wrote in :
slow code is lo-co

LOL, Good one jawod. Did you come up with that all by yourself
or did you have to copy & paste one of Markie's spelling mistakes.

you are loco

SC

Old July 18th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicatewith other.

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:55:28 -0500, jakdedert
wrote:

There's a world of difference between technical electronics knowledge
and ability to decipher code.

Considering that someone with absolutely no knowledge of electronics
can memorize enough to pass the test in about 8 hours, there's no
longer any real test of anything but the ability to memorize.

FWIW, I don't even have a ham license anymore.

Then, as the courts would say, you have no standing in the matter.
Old July 18th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

wrote:

There's a world of difference between technical electronics knowledge
and ability to decipher code.

Considering that someone with absolutely no knowledge of electronics
can memorize enough to pass the test in about 8 hours, there's no
longer any real test of anything but the ability to memorize.

whta is needed and why?

FWIW, I don't even have a ham license anymore.

Then, as the courts would say, you have no standing in the matter.

nope he has full standing he is an american that means the FCC is
suposed serve not the ARS but the people of the USA.

the problem with you procoders is that you think the ARS owns the
bandwidth not the poeple of the USA

Old July 18th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

wrote:

There's a world of difference between technical electronics knowledge
and ability to decipher code.

Considering that someone with absolutely no knowledge of electronics
can memorize enough to pass the test in about 8 hours, there's no
longer any real test of anything but the ability to memorize.

FWIW, I don't even have a ham license anymore.

Then, as the courts would say, you have no standing in the matter.

Ahh...but I did, once, at 15 years old; and I've picked up a fair amount
of electronics knowledge as well...proving that one has little to do
with the other.

jak

Old July 18th 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

wrote:

There's a world of difference between technical electronics knowledge
and ability to decipher code.

Considering that someone with absolutely no knowledge of electronics
can memorize enough to pass the test in about 8 hours, there's no
longer any real test of anything but the ability to memorize.

FWIW, I don't even have a ham license anymore.

Then, as the courts would say, you have no standing in the matter.

Ahh...but I did, once, at 15 years old; and I've picked up a fair amount
of electronics knowledge as well...proving that one has little to do
with the other.

you still do don't let this bozo tell you otherwise (unless you are an
ilgeal alien or something)

jak

Old July 18th 06, 02:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.scanner

Al Klein wrote:
Considering that someone with absolutely no knowledge of electronics
can memorize enough to pass the test in about 8 hours, there's no
longer any real test of anything but the ability to memorize.

The Morse code exam is a test of the ability to memorize.
No knowledge of electronics required.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
Old July 18th 06, 03:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default Eliminating CW will just give retards HF, it won't modernize the service.

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 00:05:08 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

"an_old_friend" wrote in
oups.com:

according the Govt lost the POWER to impose Morse Code test on the ARS
unless it can be justified under some other powere of the Constitution

I find it interesting that the ProCode tes crowd has such disrespect
for that document

Proof:

You actually expected him to be able to differentiate between "has the
power to" and "is forced to"?
Old July 18th 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default Eliminating CW is just the lying of those afraid of change

Al Klein wrote:
On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 00:05:08 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

"an_old_friend" wrote in
oups.com:

according the Govt lost the POWER to impose Morse Code test on the ARS
unless it can be justified under some other powere of the Constitution

I find it interesting that the ProCode tes crowd has such disrespect
for that document

Proof:

You actually expected him to be able to differentiate between "has the
power to" and "is forced to"?

the Govt lacks the power to test anymore if chalanced it it only had
the power while it was forced by the treaty

Old July 18th 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 19:40:52 -0500, jakdedert
wrote:

Al Klein wrote:

Then, as the courts would say, you have no standing in the matter.

Ahh...but I did, once

But you don't now, and it's now now, it's not once.

proving that one has little to do with the other.

And that you have little to do with this conversation.