Old September 30th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Default If two no-code hams contact each other on CB, is that a real QSO?

"AC7PN" wrote in
ups.com:

Slow Code wrote:
Or is it like talking to someone on CB?

SC

The answer is "yes it is a real contact" and so far as you were
communicating with some one using a radio it also is "like talking to
someone on CB."

Dude, your arrogance is showing.

AC7PN

What's wrong with that, if it helps motivate people to be better hams.
Unfortunately, most here don't want better hams.

SC

Old September 30th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Default Is a contact with a no-code ham a real QSO?

Dave wrote:
NO! I can't have a QSO with a no-code ham.
They can't copy CW!!! So, No QSO!

So you wouldn't respond to a Mayday and save a life?
Nice guy.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old September 30th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Cecil Moore wrote:
Dave wrote:
NO! I can't have a QSO with a no-code ham.
They can't copy CW!!! So, No QSO!

So you wouldn't respond to a Mayday and save a life?
Nice guy.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

the procoders are more interested in their idleogy than lives always
have been it seems

Old September 30th 06, 01:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Cecil Moore wrote:

Dave wrote:

NO! I can't have a QSO with a no-code ham.
They can't copy CW!!! So, No QSO!

So you wouldn't respond to a Mayday and save a life?
Nice guy.

How does one say mayday on CW? My radio only works on the bottom 25 KHz of the
HF bands.

Old September 30th 06, 01:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Dave wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
So you wouldn't respond to a Mayday and save a life?
Nice guy.

How does one say mayday on CW? My radio only works on the bottom 25 KHz
of the HF bands.

Telephony has saved magnitudes more lives than CW.
If you are CW only, you are not properly equipped
to even attempt to save lives.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Old September 30th 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

"Dave" wrote in message
news
Cecil Moore wrote:

Dave wrote:

NO! I can't have a QSO with a no-code ham.
They can't copy CW!!! So, No QSO!

So you wouldn't respond to a Mayday and save a life?
Nice guy.

How does one say mayday on CW? My radio only works on the bottom 25 KHz
of the HF bands.

Hmmmmmm - my how we belabor a point. MAYDAY IN CW = SOS............ SOS is
usually sent in those cases. SOS for the CW and Mayday for radiotelephone.
MAYDAY is "also" asked about in some RadioTelephone license exams for
"marine" use and is even becoming part of the Fire service. There is a test
specifically for "Mayday" and its uses. Mayday is "generally" used in
"airplane" emergencies.

Old October 1st 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

wrote:

SNIPPED

then you are a lying in claiming your radio only work on the bottom 25
khz

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

NOPE!!

3500 - 3525
7000 - 7025
10.1 - 10.15
14.0 - 14.025
18.068 - 18.110
21.000 - 21.025

That is where they run. That's a fact you can't deny. They have capability that
exceeds my requirements, but that is where they run.

And you still crossed posted to more than r.r.a.m. When are you going to learn?

You don't want to invest time and energy in learning code and YOU STILL CAN'T
FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST TO ONE GROUP.

How does your cross posting ignorance contribute to r.r.a.a?
How does your cross posting ignorance contribute to r.r.a.b?
How does your cross posting ignorance contribute to r.r.a.p?
How does your cross posting prejudice contribute to r.r.s?

We know how your prejudice contributes to r.r.a.m

/s/ DD

Old October 1st 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

wrote in news
How does one say mayday on CW? My radio only works on the bottom 25
KHz of the HF bands.

then you are a porrly equiped ham and should turn your license in for
the good of the ars
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/
I am fairly well equipped: IC-756 Pro III, IC-746, AL-80B amplifier,
ANC-4 noise
canceller, MFJ 1025 Signal enhancer, TS-570D, AMP SUPPLY LK-450
Amplifier, G-707
[2 & 440], plus computer ... and these are the things on my operating
table.

IC-706 MKIIg & AH-4 in the mobile. Plus 2 HTs.
then you are a lying in claiming your radio only work on the bottom 25
khz

WOW Mark,

And you're not even a Real ham.

SC