Old January 25th 05, 05:13 PM

Ed Price wrote:
"Trent Hancock" wrote in message
news
Perfect sense sir. Neither use tubes, but are considered boat

anchors. If
the use of tubes were the only determining factor as to if it was a

boat
anchor, then all currently mfgd. amplifiers are boat anchors. This

does
not
make sense.

Try putting a chute on the next time you jump and you will not land

as
hard.

Trent
KR4UW

Trent - your response to the first post, which was written in a polite
and helpful tone, nor your responses to subsequent posts, does not
motivate one to go out of the way to help you.

Nevertheless, as it appears that it's probably a homebrew unit, I
recommend you open the cover and see what chip(s) it uses, then do some
research to reverse-engineer it. I have several pieces of homebrew
equipment that you'd swear were factory made - but in the case of a
synthesized VFO, the fact that it was the subject of a QST article back
in the 1960s was the only thing that gave it away as a homebrew unit of
extraordinary quality.

Signetics made some compressor/compandor chips back in the 1970s and
1980s - IIRC the NE571 is one such IC.

Good luck and 73, John W3JN

Old January 26th 05, 12:40 AM
Trent Hancock

My problem with the whole mess was this: I had no idea this was an all text,
no binary format news group. No where was this written or explained. Another
fact is: there are other pics listed in this group, but no nasty messages
posted to them.

As it appeared to me at the time, I had invaded a good old boys plot of turf
and was being told I was not welcome. I have been a user of the Usenet
system for years and have never been treated as I have been on this net.
Does not say much for the users of this group. I left chicken band in the
early 90's to escape the rude ill mannered people that were there and became
a ham due to what I heard on the bands. People talked with each other and
did not use foul language and call names and were polite. That is why I came
to the group to try and get some information on a piece of equipment. The
first response was a "YOU DID A NO-NO". What was written you may call
polite, but I beg to differ. The Usenet is just that, a Usenet. It is for
all of us to use and not for a select few to control.

On another note, I did open it up and it uses Motorola chips which I can not
cross. The dates on the chips are 1970 and it appears to operate off 15
volts using two 7 1/2 volt batteries. I did get it to operating and it seems
to work well on my Drake TR-4 and my SB-401. Got good reports and much
better PEP with little clipping.

Thanks for the help and I am sorry for blowing off some steam, but I am the
type of person, that when jumped at with no explanation, will jump back. If
I do something wrong, tell me what I did wrong and ask me not to do it
again. Go the other way and I can get very hard headed. I don't take kindly
to being TOLD what I will do.

Trent
wrote in message
oups.com...

Old January 26th 05, 01:43 AM
Brian Goldsmith

"Trent Hancock" wrote

I am the type of person, that when jumped at with no explanation, will jump
back. If
I do something wrong, tell me what I did wrong and ask me not to do it
again. Go the other way and I can get very hard headed. I don't take kindly
to being TOLD what I will do.

***You great pillock,just what do you think the following cut and paste of
the first reply to your post to is?
He couldn't have been more instructive or polite,he even wrote"please".

Bruce Lane wrote:-
"Please don't post binaries to a text-only newsgroup. There are a
number of reasons for this, including (but not limited to):

(1) Many people, particularly outside the U.S., use a text-based
reader for Usenet that cannot handle binary images. Your encoded
information would have shown up as page after page of text gibberish to
them, which puts a real crimp in the possibility that someone overseas
might know an answer to your question.

(2) It wastes bandwidth. ISPs who carry the non-binary side of the
Usenet hierarchy expect them to stay that way.

(3) Perhaps most important: There are many folks, again outside
the U.S., who may not be able to get anything other than a dialup pay-
per-kilobyte-downloaded Internet hookup. By posting a binary to a non-
binary group, you are forcing them to download something that they may
not want to see, and that increases their connection cost.

The correct way to handle what you did here would have been to
post the picture of the device on a web site, then include a link in
your Usenet posting that points towards the picture."

Your arrogance is astounding!!

Bah.HUMBUG!!!!

Brian Goldsmith.

Old January 26th 05, 12:03 PM
Trent Hancock

THANK YOU!

"Trent Hancock" wrote

Old January 26th 05, 12:29 PM
Brian Goldsmith

"Trent Hancock" top posted (another news group NO
NO)

THANK YOU!

*** I wonder if the email address is real?Nah,nobody could be that stupid-or
could they?

Brian Goldsmith.

Old January 26th 05, 12:40 PM
Doug Adair

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 01:02:07 GMT, "Trent Hancock"
wrote:

Well, pardon the hell out of me. I'll try and not make a world shaking
mistake again on your news group!

Trent

Hey trent handcock....go suck some more ******
cock at the truckstop handoncock sissy.

"Bruce Lane" wrote in message
. ..
In article . net,
says...

Anyone know who made this speech compressor and maybe even what type
batteries it uses?

Thanks in advance,

Trent Hancock
KR4UW

begin 666 comp1.jpg
M_]C_X `02D9)1@`!`0$`R #(``#_VP!#``,"`@,"`@,#`P,$`P,$!0@%!00$
M!0H'!P8(# H,# L*"PL-#A(0#0X1#@L+$!80$1,4%145# \7&!84&!(4%13_

snip

[...]

Good luck identifying your unit.

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm --
www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000

Newsgroups

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Old January 26th 05, 12:42 PM
Doug Adair

Well now you learned something handcock faggot. Go
slurp more cum at the truckstop ya limpwristed
sissy.

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 00:40:40 GMT, "Trent Hancock"
wrote:

[...]

wrote in message
roups.com...

Old January 26th 05, 01:27 PM
Simon

Doug

It looks as if you have a ham call but I assume it is a fake email
address as I don't expect this sort of language from a licenced ham -
at least in VK, where this sort of language is confined to CB, but
maybe the US is different.

Simon VK2UA

wrote:

[...]

wrote in message
groups.com...

Old January 26th 05, 01:35 PM
Doug Adair

Simon sez you're full of ****. My email addy works
just fine asshole. Flip that wrist, sissy.

wrote:

[...]

wrote in message
egroups.com...

Old January 26th 05, 02:41 PM
Scott Dorsey

Trent Hancock wrote:
My problem with the whole mess was this: I had no idea this was an all text,
no binary format news group. No where was this written or explained. Another
fact is: there are other pics listed in this group, but no nasty messages
posted to them.

It's explained in news.announce.newusers. NONE of the big eight groups allow
any binaries. This is just so fundamental that anyone who has been through
the introductory material in news.announce.newusers has been told a dozen
times about this. Posting binaries to discussion groups is about the most
rude possible thing you can do on Usenet.

As it appeared to me at the time, I had invaded a good old boys plot of turf
and was being told I was not welcome. I have been a user of the Usenet
system for years and have never been treated as I have been on this net.

This "net" is just part of the big eight. If you did something equivalently
boneheaded to any of the other big eight groups you would have got a similar
response.

I'd mail this to you, but you seem to have some sort of goofy challenge/response
mail system.
--scott