Old December 30th 04, 02:50 PM
Scott Dorsey

In article , dxAce wrote:
W4UDX wrote:

Check out this insane bidding!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...keTra ck=true

Why do you worry about how others decide to spend THEIR money?

Problems?

Because it raises price standards for everyone else. Next time you go to
buy an item at a hamfest, the guy selling it will say, "well, I hear one of
these went for a million dollars on Ebay..." Inexperienced bidders who don't
know what things are worth, and bidding wars between people who desperately
have to have an item, tend to raise the overall market value of an item more
than it should be.
--scott

Old December 30th 04, 03:22 PM
dxAce

Scott Dorsey wrote:

In article , dxAce wrote:
W4UDX wrote:

Check out this insane bidding!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...keTra ck=true

Why do you worry about how others decide to spend THEIR money?

Problems?

Because it raises price standards for everyone else.

Oh well, it's still THEIR money.

Next time you go to
buy an item at a hamfest, the guy selling it will say, "well, I hear one of
these went for a million dollars on Ebay..."

The guy can say whatever he wants... up to me whether I purchase or not.

Inexperienced bidders who don't
know what things are worth, and bidding wars between people who desperately
have to have an item, tend to raise the overall market value of an item more
than it should be.

Yep, no one is more experienced than you, right? And your bid is the benchmark, right?

Try not to be to ****ed when you get outbid!

Boggling.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 30th 04, 03:30 PM
W4UDX

It's hopeless Scott. I just wanted to share a good laugh, and he had to go
and get anal. Go figure.

Old December 30th 04, 03:38 PM
dxAce

W4UDX wrote:

It's hopeless Scott. I just wanted to share a good laugh, and he had to go
and get anal. Go figure.

You seem to have an anal 'fixation' this morning, 'tard boy.

Problems?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 30th 04, 04:18 PM
dxAce

Scott Dorsey wrote:

In article , dxAce wrote:
W4UDX wrote:

Check out this insane bidding!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...keTra ck=true

Why do you worry about how others decide to spend THEIR money?

Problems?

Because it raises price standards for everyone else. Next time you go to
buy an item at a hamfest, the guy selling it will say, "well, I hear one of
these went for a million dollars on Ebay..." Inexperienced bidders who don't
know what things are worth, and bidding wars between people who desperately
have to have an item, tend to raise the overall market value of an item more
than it should be.

I suggest you contact eBay and tell them 'Y'all gotta stop this ridiculous bidding.

Y'all are allowing prices to rise to the point that I just cain't afford 'em."

I'd be interested in reading their reply.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

LMFAO

Old December 30th 04, 04:31 PM
Left Coast

Well it was interesting and good for a chuckle -- 29 bids on a SB-104A for
$1000 +
But DXace has a point -- you can ask whatever you want - on e-bay and
hamfests
If someone wants it they will pay "insane" prices -- so what ??
Think its called free enterprise -- hooray fer that.

At the next Hamfest when a guy quotes e-bay prices -- reply we ain't on
e-bay
I disagree with "it will inflate the prices"
Smart sellers and buyers know better
Or should
"Inexperienced bidders" are just that -- ebay not withstanding

The thing about e-bay is it is world wide -- thousands of potential bidders
and some one who has coveted an item for years will come rising up out the
woodwork

Remember -- money is no object with some bidders in an auction, have never
seen that at a hamfest - generally it is a very poor place to sell things.

I offered a rare ham book at a hamfest for $25 -- guy sed I'll give you
5 -- I replied which Chapter do you want (;-)

Sold on e-bay for $28
Case Closed

--
LC