Old September 16th 05, 05:44 AM
K5VSE

Default T4X-c cab;es sold for outrageious price

I can't believe someone paid $127.50 for the inter connect cables for a set
of Drake twins. That's just my opinion, and of course I could be wrong!

DRAKE C-LINE CABLES NEW! SWITCHCRAFT WITH LABELS! R-4C
$127.50

Mike-K5VSE
Formerly WB6VSE, senior tech, amateur division
SBE/Linear Systems, Watsonville, CA
All out going mail scanned with Norton AntiVirus 2005
APA-220, USS Okanogan, LSD-31, USS Point Defiance
On 3.922 nightly
Restoring and using Drake Radios! TR-4C, RV-4C, TR-4, T4X-C, R4-C
In God We Trust
Web site:
http://members.tripod.com/sjsharks/index.html

Old September 16th 05, 06:02 AM
Bill

K5VSE wrote:

I can't believe someone paid $127.50 for the inter connect cables for a set
of Drake twins. That's just my opinion, and of course I could be wrong!

DRAKE C-LINE CABLES NEW! SWITCHCRAFT WITH LABELS! R-4C
$127.50

Geezus. Some of us hams are like audiophools. I think I have a sheet of
those Brady wraparound labels in a junkbox somewhere here that somebody
could have taken away from me for $5 if they bothered to ask. Not now!
(Yeah, I know those cables tended to be picky about length, etc so don't
lecture me about that.)
Then again some folks simply have more money than sense and that
bolloxes up things for us regular folk so its NOT OK that some Mick does
something stupid leaving the rest of us to pay the ultimate price
afterwards.

-Bill
Old September 16th 05, 03:54 PM
K5VSE

I got my whole "C" line for $350.00, including a nice set of cables. And
the WORKED!!! Got them on the air daily. Only thing I really did was to
repaint the cabinets, as they showed normal wear for a rig that old. It just
struck me a little strange to see someone pay THAT much for a set of cables.
I even got my TR-4 for only $75.00 and use it from the shop pretty near on a
daily basis as well. Oh well, some folks, as you say got more money than
sense.

Have a nice day!

Old September 17th 05, 02:28 PM
Carl WA1KPD

I am not supporting the price, but I seem to recall that the capacity of one
of the cables that interconnect the two VFOs was critical and regular cable
could not be used....
But we are taxing the brain cells back to the late 70s when I owned the
Twins

--
Carl
WA1KPD

link.net...

Old September 20th 05, 12:06 AM
ldesoto

I don't think the cables are critical. I have a Drake pair and all I've
ever used to connect them is some generic RCA to RCA cables. I've never had
any problems and in fact, I didn't even know Drake made a special set of
cables to connect the twins.

Larry

"Carl WA1KPD" wrote in message
I am not supporting the price, but I seem to recall that the capacity of
one of the cables that interconnect the two VFOs was critical and regular
cable could not be used....
But we are taxing the brain cells back to the late 70s when I owned the
Twins

--
Carl
WA1KPD
Visit My Boatanchor Collection at
http://home.comcast.net/~chnord/wa1kpd.html

link.net...

Old September 20th 05, 12:17 AM
Clif Holland

Value of an item is determined by the free market (Ebay in this case) and
not by what one person believes it to be worth.

--

Clif

link.net...