Old January 31st 06, 01:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
-=H=-

Default How old are you?

Interesting thread.

I just turned 47 last week. Got my Novice in July 1977 while in
College at Delaware Tech (club call sign was WB3CSM; long since
defunct). Upgraded to General and then Advanced within just a
few months. Finally got around to the Extra in 1990. Got the
vanity call in 1996. Always a CW operator, not much fone. Been
a fan of tube gear and of QRP ever since the beginning. I can't
recall a time when I didn't have some of each kicking around the
shack. Not a collector; more of a dabbler. I buy 'em, fix 'em
up, make a QSO or two, then sell 'em. My fun is in the repair
and restoration, I guess.

Looking back over my nearly 29 years of hamming, the majority of
folks at hamfests have been made up of two groups: old timers and
very-newcomers. Still that way today. I think the mainstream
hams do more of their shopping on eBay and the 1-800 numbers.

73,
Dean K5DH (formerly WB3JBG, KA5JVU, KC5NG)

In article .com,
says...

Just a question that has been rattling around in the gourd. What age
group are B/A enthusiast-type folks here on the Net? I know we have the
folks from when they (the B/A's) were the most active (and I'm talking
SX11 here), but I wonder if there's a large following of Boomers that
picked up on it too. I only say this because I don't see as many
30's-40's-50's people at the Hamfests and other gatherings as I see my
elders (Gentlemen, all). So the question bubbles up outta the tar? How
old are the folks on rec.radio.amateur.boatanchor?
rgds, Mark S.