Old January 31st 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default How old are you?

Just a question that has been rattling around in the gourd. What age
group are B/A enthusiast-type folks here on the Net? I know we have the
folks from when they (the B/A's) were the most active (and I'm talking
SX11 here), but I wonder if there's a large following of Boomers that
picked up on it too. I only say this because I don't see as many
30's-40's-50's people at the Hamfests and other gatherings as I see my
elders (Gentlemen, all). So the question bubbles up outta the tar? How
old are the folks on rec.radio.amateur.boatanchor?
rgds, Mark S.

Old January 31st 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Ron in Radio Heaven

I'm 53, I've been collecting since 1970.
A ham since '90 or '91 I think.

Ron

Old January 31st 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
YT

42
been a ham for 26 years
been a BA nut for about 22 years

oups.com...

Old January 31st 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
jon

Greetings! I am 51. I got the bug at about 15 years of age. Wanted to
become a ham in 1970, but the prices scared me off. Got my ticket in
Feb. 2000. First radio, 1925 Splitdorff picked up for $3.00, and I
still have it. Have a great week! Jon in South Carolina.