Old March 9th 07, 10:36 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default CB radio mic on my computer?

Dumb question... has anyone been able to use their CB radio mic on their
computer, like for VOIP? Like, uplug mic from CB, and plug it into their
computer? Does it work?

Old March 10th 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Mindraker" wrote in message
Dumb question... has anyone been able to use their CB radio mic on their
computer, like for VOIP? Like, uplug mic from CB, and plug it into their
computer? Does it work?

Why would you want to? The computer has a stereo mini-jack. CB mike has
DIN or other style connector. Sounds fairly pointless, as the cost of
making an adaptor between the two jack styles far exceeds what the price a
standard computer mic. would run at the store.

Old March 10th 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

PowerHouse Communications wrote:

"Mindraker" wrote in message
Dumb question... has anyone been able to use their CB radio mic on their
computer, like for VOIP? Like, uplug mic from CB, and plug it into their
computer? Does it work?

Why would you want to? The computer has a stereo mini-jack. CB mike has
DIN or other style connector. Sounds fairly pointless, as the cost of
making an adaptor between the two jack styles far exceeds what the price a
standard computer mic. would run at the store.

I challenge you to find a computer mic that picks up well, doesn't sound
like **** *and* costs less than what it would in theory to convert a radio
mike.

Old March 10th 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

I challenge you to find a computer mic that picks up well, doesn't sound
like **** *and* costs less than what it would in theory to convert a radio
mike.

I picked up a cheap iconcepts mike at one of the depot office stores.
It sounds better then the built in mike on my camcorder. I works great
on echolink and skype. It even sounded good when I made a PS trailer.

It's the small teardrop shaped one. They changed the color to silver
and doubled the price since I bought mine.
Old March 10th 07, 06:11 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Mindraker" wrote in message
Dumb question... has anyone been able to use their CB radio mic on their
computer, like for VOIP? Like, uplug mic from CB, and plug it into
their
computer? Does it work?

Why would you want to? The computer has a stereo mini-jack. CB mike has
DIN or other style connector. Sounds fairly pointless, as the cost of
making an adaptor between the two jack styles far exceeds what the price
standard computer mic. would run at the store.

I challenge you to find a computer mic that picks up well, doesn't sound
like **** *and* costs less than what it would in theory to convert a radio
mike.

Challenge all you like. I'm not interested in such nonsense; the idea was
foolish to begin with. I can guarantee that a CB mike won't sound any
better (if not worse) on a computer than a standard microphone, even the
crap from Radio Shack.

Take your pick, you'd be hard pressed to create a CB mike to computer
adapter for much less than these:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...oductId=212317
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2431679
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2257359

Old March 10th 07, 03:02 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Mindraker" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, I know it sounded a little counterintuitive, but I just wanted to
know if anyone had ever tried it before. Thanks.

Old March 11th 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Mindraker" wrote in message

Thanks, I know it sounded a little counterintuitive, but I just wanted to
know if anyone had ever tried it before. Thanks.

That last bit was aimed at you, but to the person that got all weird over a
comment. The idea is pretty foolish and probably would sound like crap,
BUT, I don't see anything wrong with trying it if you were really interested
in it. That's one of the founding stones of radio...experimentation.

Old March 12th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

wrote in message
On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 16:36:18 -0500, "Mindraker" wrote:

Dumb question... has anyone been able to use their CB radio mic on their
computer, like for VOIP? Like, uplug mic from CB, and plug it into their
computer? Does it work?

gvien you are taking Cb what about usinga jack for the PA setting most
CB's seem to have (as does my 10 meter rig) you turn it to pa with the
a cable to your PC

Oh sure Mark, take the chance of running 5 watts of audio into the sound
card! Please don't make anymore ignorant suggestions.

http://www.usenet.com

Old May 22nd 20, 01:46 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

I've just recently got a cb mic I've had to rewire the wires in the cb to get it to work with the pc as it won't work on it's own directly from cb to pc

Receving radio on your computer [email protected] Shortwave 4 November 14th 06 05:14 PM
Computer/Radio Skipp Shortwave 3 December 21st 05 06:40 PM
Connect radio to computer Rick Blum Shortwave 2 August 25th 04 09:14 AM
FS: Radio and computer stuff KC2FTN Swap 0 October 11th 03 05:38 AM
Computer interferes with radio. Please help mark Shortwave 11 August 2nd 03 10:27 AM