Old September 6th 03, 04:49 PM
Brainbuster

Frank Gilliland wrote in message ...
In , "Landshark"
. wrote:

snip
If "Aaron" was a real person, he could then
make a claim of defamation, but since he isn't
real, no defamation.

Would you please explain that to Twisty? She seems to have a real problem

with
such simple concepts.

Hi Frank.

The way I see it, it's a question of interpretation and intent.
For example...

If someone said that they are going to kill Superman, it is clearly not a
threat to a person... he is a totally fictional charater.

However, if someone on this newsgroup said that they was going to find
"Sparky" and kill him... I would consider that as a threat on the person
known to use that nicname - you.
Sure, they may not know where you are, but can you be sure that they will
not find out? If somebody is determined enough, they may just find out.
A little piece of info here, a little bit there... it can add up.

"Sparky" may not be your real name, but you are a real person.
When someone is only known to us as "Twistedhed", then how would you expect
someone to threaten him, except by using that name?

Brainbuster.

Old September 6th 03, 04:49 PM
Brainbuster

jim wrote in message

C. laugh at ones self and not worry about it.

Will you take that option if you appear on the "Voobie" Website?

Regards,

Peter.

Old September 7th 03, 05:09 PM
Keith Hosman

On 07 Sep 2003 15:38:52 GMT, wrote:

Emeril rocks, I've thought about sending him my prize winning chili
recipe..

Post it here..I love good chilli..mmmmmmm!

Ok, I never use measurements so it's not going to be exact.
and I use absolutely no chili powder or canned items.

I usually make huge batches so I'll try to adjust down (from 20 lbs.
of meat to a more family oriented size)

Start with 2 pounds of italian sausage and 2 pounds of ground beef.
put them in a iron skillet with 2 large fresh chopped onions, 2 cloves
of fresh crushed garlic, fresh green bell peppers diced, fresh
jalapeno peppers dices, fresh thai chili peppers diced. Cooking the
peppers, onions, and garlic together with the meat brings out the
flavors. When the meat is just about completely cooked I pour in about
2 ounces of jack daniels, the alcohol cooks off but leaves a good
flavor.

While the meat is cooking I have a stock pot going at a slow simmer
with the beans (I use a combination of pinto, black, and kidney beans,
there were dried beans that I soaked and cooked) tomato sauce, and
diced tomatoes.

When the meat is completely cooked I put the contents from the skillet
into the stock pot, and as a finishing touch I put just a pinch of
brown sugar and shave just a bit of cinnamon, some sweet to go with
the heat gives it that extra touch.

You'll have to experiment with the ammount of peppers to use depending
on how spicy you like your chili.

I slow cook mine for about 3 days, I like it thick.

73 de Keith
--
KC8TCQ
ARRL Member - ARES
Old September 7th 03, 06:02 PM
Landshark

"Keith Hosman" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds great! Post saved for future cooking.

Landshark

--
The happy people are those who are producing something;
the bored people are those who are consuming much and

Old September 7th 03, 10:08 PM

Keith Hosman wrote:
[...]

Hey, that sounds pretty good. I may have to try a batch of
it. I sometimes add some ground bambi to mine, think that would
be ok?

--
GO #40
Old September 8th 03, 12:45 AM
jim

Brainbuster wrote:
jim wrote in message

C. laugh at ones self and not worry about it.

Will you take that option if you appear on the "Voobie" Website?

Regards,

Peter.

if he (or she) wants to post something inane about me then cheers....