Old November 1st 03, 05:15 AM
Steveo

"Landshark" wrote:
"SOME GET STRONG, SOME GET STRANGE,
SOONER OR LATER IT ALL GETS REAL,
WALK ON, WALK ON.
Neil Young

i'm gonna ride my lama from peru to tex-arcana..neil young two.
Old November 1st 03, 06:44 AM
sideband

Oh, chuckie... I was far from a newbie when you decided your call was
more important than my QSO after MIDCARS was shut down on 7.258
December last.. Of course, you won't remember it... your memory is
conveniently lacking when it comes to things of importance.

So, no, it wasn't on a 2M repeater, so you can just put that one to
rest.. It was on HF. I was trying to carry on a QSO with W8BUD, and
you decided to just hop on and call someone while I was transmitting.
Bud told me later that you didn't even bother to ask if the frequency
was clear. And, no, I'm certain my little 100W mobile didn't overtalk
you so that Bud couldn't hear your QRL. Not bloody likely.

You were slapped around? I'm not surprised, the way you disregard
common courtesy on the air.. And yes, you certainly embody everything
that is NOT a HAM, both on the air and on this newsgroup. Way to go,
Chuckles... Way to further the hobby.

As for the details above, if they haven't rung any bells, I'm most
certainly not surprised; such is life.

Suffice it to say, it ain't happening.

-SSB

Chuck K8CPA wrote:

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 03:02:20 GMT, sideband was
blabbling:

...gw wrote:
... oh come on sideband...surely you can forgive chuckie for being
the
... dickhead that he is....????
...After the non-HAM way he treated me on-air? I think not. He's
nothing
...more than a (bad) CBer with a callsign,

Excuse me? I don't even have a remote clue as to who YOU even are!
They way I treated you on the air???? Now, Please fill me in on the
details! and before you start with your large SOB story as to how YOU
were wrong by big bad ol' Chuckie, Lemmie give ya something to chew
on, ok? You think I was treated with kid gloves when I first keyed a 2
Meter mic? (especially on the SMART Repeater locally here in Detroit!)
Heck no! I was slapped around like every other newbie in Ham Radio.
Now, am I saying that those people were right, No, Not at all. But do
you see me in here whining because someone might have not treating me
like I felt I should have been treated? No! Because it comes with the
territory!

I will say this, if it makes you feel any better, okay and Granted, I
don't know who you even are, now... If I said something to you, ON
AIR, that offended you, (and granted the Local 2 meter scene here in
Detroit is quite the interesting bunch, and has gotten worse over the
last few years, and is why I have removed my 2 meter radio out of my
personal Truck) I do wholeheartly apologize to you. I cannot go back
and erase the things I have done in the past. I wasn't always a "nice"
person on Amateur Radio. But I am man enough to say in a public forum
that I am sorry for offending you.

and by that I don't mean the

...regular CBer, who's generally a decent individual.. He's the kind
who
...would like to run those roger-beeps, overmodulated splatterboxes,
and
...who can't have a decent conversation with anyone because he's too
busy
...playing channel-master.

You seem to have quite an attitude problem. I think you've got
problems that go well beyond your hatred of me. Because quite
honestly, I cannot stand any of that stuff you described above. :-)

...No, I don't think I can forgive chuck. He embodies all that is NOT
...HAM, and thereby embarrasses the entire hobby.

Uhmmmm... Well, Considering you don't even come in here and say who
you REALLY are... your argument is valueless to me or anyone else. and
basing your judgement of me, on what you've seen in here and based on
a incident that happened years ago, is quite inmature and shallow if
you ask me. You don't know me, at all... This group is something I
read for a laugh. Not what I base my livelyhood on... or my outlook
on life.

.

..-SSB

Now Do tell, what's your name and your CALLSIGN???

Old November 1st 03, 01:42 PM
Me

sideband wrote in message y.com...
Oh, chuckie... I was far from a newbie when you decided your call was
more important than my QSO after MIDCARS was shut down on 7.258
December last.. Of course, you won't remember it... your memory is
conveniently lacking when it comes to things of importance.

OH Really?

So, no, it wasn't on a 2M repeater, so you can just put that one to
rest.. It was on HF. I was trying to carry on a QSO with W8BUD, and
you decided to just hop on and call someone while I was transmitting.
Bud told me later that you didn't even bother to ask if the frequency
was clear. And, no, I'm certain my little 100W mobile didn't overtalk
you so that Bud couldn't hear your QRL. Not bloody likely.

I don't remember the incident, honestly. But who in thier right might
would want a QSO with W8BUD? That guy is the biggest LID on Ham Radio,
a flipping CB Radio Transplant with a License. That guys VOICE makes
me want to gringe everytime I hear him. is it any wonder he was told
to clean up his act or never function as a Midcars net control
again?!?!?!

Another thing is.... and if you're a licensed Amateur, as you say you
are, you ought to know this... 40 meters is quite the strange band
sometimes. and sometimes, there are times when people just *don't*
hear you. I mean, especally if you're close. I don't know where you
were, But I don't make it a habit of QRM'ing people or just stepping
on people on Ham. or CB anymore for that matter. If I didn't hear you,
I really didn't hear you and If I made you upset. I do apologize. But
if you feel you must be angry with me... so be it... You won't be the
first and you won't be the last. Just remember this, Bitterness is a
miserable existance. and you live longer if you don't hold grudges.

You were slapped around? I'm not surprised, the way you disregard
common courtesy on the air.. And yes, you certainly embody everything
that is NOT a HAM, both on the air and on this newsgroup. Way to go,
Chuckles... Way to further the hobby.

Oh, give me a break... One incident and you know me inside and out.
Nice try. wanna change your magic act dude? It's getting rather stale.
If you base your opinion of me in this newsgroup. You are a rather
shallow, not to mention stupid, person.

As for the details above, if they haven't rung any bells, I'm most
certainly not surprised; such is life.

As I said, I don't remember it. But if you feel you must hold a
grudge. Go for it. But remember Bitterness is a miserible existance.

Suffice it to say, it ain't happening.

As you wish.

-SSB

You still have posted your real name or your callsign... which makes
me think you have no real male sex organs. :-)

-Chuck K8CPA
Old November 1st 03, 02:10 PM
Keith Hosman

On 1 Nov 2003 05:42:30 -0800, (Me) wrote:

[...]

Hey CHuck, Chris has posted his name and callsign many times, try
keeping up now and then.

73 de Keith
--
KC8TCQ
ARRL Member - ARES
Old November 1st 03, 04:18 PM
Landshark

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Landshark" wrote:
"SOME GET STRONG, SOME GET STRANGE,
SOONER OR LATER IT ALL GETS REAL,
WALK ON, WALK ON.
Neil Young

i'm gonna ride my lama from peru to tex-arcana..neil young two.

His new album not to bad, heard
it the other day.

Landshark

--
There are no stupid questions, just stupid
people.

Mr. Garrison

Old November 1st 03, 04:18 PM
Landshark

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Landshark" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Frank Gilliland wrote:
In , Steveo
wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
In , Steveo
wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
You're a bible-thumper, Twist -- what do you think?

A freeband preacher!? We're doomed. g

Well, at least the band will sound like the rest of HF.

Who's playing?

Faith +1

Cool. That's a Credence cover band, right? yoohoo!

How about devil went down to
Georgia, CDB.

Landshark

Elvis Bishop settin' on a bale of hay?

Would calling all cows fit his
needs? G (Elvin Bishop)

Old November 1st 03, 04:43 PM
sideband

Oh, come now chuck.. I post my callsign every time I post here. Those
with half a brain have found it. Just think about Monty Python a bit,
and you might get it...

As for one QSO on that "strange" 40M band.. no.. that's not all of it,
chuck. I disagree with your assessment that 40M is that strange all
the time. And Bud isn't a Lid. He's got an odd sense of humor, to be
sure, and some people without one have a hard time understanding him.
Again, I'm not surprised you don't like him.

I've heard you on 2M, though I've never decided to risk my license to
talk to you. Much the same as when I drive through Toledo and I hear
N8WWM on 2 or 6.. I choose not to risk my license. I've also heard you
on 75.. and there you act worse than The Bravard County Bandits from
Florida on 27.185. I've heard cleaner language in the locker room.

So don't try to play holier than thou, chuckles... it's not going to
work with me. I've been here, on this NG for a long time. I put N8WWM
in his place quite a few times, before I got my license. When I got my
Tech ticket, despite Doug, you, and MOJ saying I didn't have the
brains, dougy just kept coming... then I upgraded to General, and doug
got a little quiet.. Then two months after that I got my Extra.

Of course, now MOJ is going to come back with his "OOOOoooohh a big
bad no-code extra" comments, and you might, too. That's fine and
dandy. Whatever you have to think to make your life better is fine
with me.

this starting to ring any bells, Chuckles? You figured out where the
callsign is yet? MOJ knows where to look. So does N8, as does Twist,
Scott, and about 90% of this newsgroup that gives half a care.. Why
are you so slow?

-SSB

Old November 1st 03, 05:46 PM
CHUKKEE GIVES AWESOME HEAD

Your mommma does have them though, you ugly ass **** faced faggotboy
Old November 1st 03, 08:42 PM
Chuck K8CPA

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 16:43:24 GMT, sideband was
blabbling:

....Oh, come now chuck.. I post my callsign every time I post here.
Those
....with half a brain have found it. Just think about Monty Python a
bit,
....and you might get it...

You lost me there. I never watched "Monty Python". Not much into
Movies, Really.

....As for one QSO on that "strange" 40M band.. no.. that's not all of
it,
....chuck. I disagree with your assessment that 40M is that strange all
....the time. And Bud isn't a Lid. He's got an odd sense of humor, to
be
....sure, and some people without one have a hard time understanding
him.
....Again, I'm not surprised you don't like him.

Well, your entitled to your opinions. But remember, I'm not the only
person who doesn't like him. (W8BUD) I still say he sounds like an old
CB'er.

....I've heard you on 2M, though I've never decided to risk my license
....talk to you. Much the same as when I drive through Toledo and I
hear
....N8WWM on 2 or 6.. I choose not to risk my license. I've also heard
you
....on 75.. and there you act worse than The Bravard County Bandits
from
....Florida on 27.185. I've heard cleaner language in the locker room.

Hmmmmmm........... You must have heard me years ago. I haven't been on
2 Meters in a while... last time I was on was when I had a run-in with
Issiah Meede N8XOJ, (another useless piece of human waste, who belongs
on CB...) and that was a while back, my 2 meter box is sitting in a
box here in the basement. I took it out of my truck.

....So don't try to play holier than thou, chuckles... it's not going
....work with me. I've been here, on this NG for a long time. I put
N8WWM
....in his place quite a few times, before I got my license. When I got
my
....Tech ticket, despite Doug, you, and MOJ saying I didn't have the
....brains, dougy just kept coming... then I upgraded to General, and
doug
....got a little quiet.. Then two months after that I got my Extra.

I'm happy for you. Getting your Extra. I've looked at that book.
someday I'll get around to getting it. I've got alot other things on
my mind right now... it's the least of my worries.

....Of course, now MOJ is going to come back with his "OOOOoooohh a big
....bad no-code extra" comments, and you might, too. That's fine and
....dandy. Whatever you have to think to make your life better is fine
....with me.

You won't hear it from me. I commend anyone who studies for and gets a
Amateur Radio Ticket. More than I can say for alot of others I know.
....this starting to ring any bells, Chuckles? You figured out where
the
....callsign is yet?

Nope.

...MOJ knows where to look. So does N8, as does Twist,
....Scott, and about 90% of this newsgroup that gives half a care.. Why
....are you so slow?

Because you haven't told me who you are... which to me, isn't a big
deal...

....-SSB

73 de K8CPA

-Chuck

Old November 2nd 03, 05:57 AM
Steveo

Chuck K8CPA wrote:

-snip-

Is agent hard for you to figure out?

money [email protected] Antenna 0 January 9th 05 02:14 AM
21st Century E-Commerce Money Making Formula NeoOne Antenna 0 January 3rd 05 02:12 AM
F6FBB to Internet email? N4RPD Digital 10 June 22nd 04 04:08 PM
HAMS...be aware of the AFRICAN diamond email scam, heres some info and diamond quality scam jack smith General 14 May 7th 04 12:51 AM
F6FBB to Internet email? N4RPD Digital 0 April 9th 04 04:01 AM