Old January 7th 05, 01:56 AM
Frank Gilliland

On 07 Jan 2005 00:31:35 GMT, Steveo
wrote in :

snip
If a third-party candidate was expected to take votes from the
Republicans you can bet that the roles would be reversed.

Exactly my point. Nader helped get Bush elected.

You are a living testament to Milton's biography of an enigmatic young
man who said, "I ate what?"

Old January 7th 05, 02:20 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 02:05:47 GMT, Lancer wrote in
. com:

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 16:06:56 -0600, itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote:

snip
Exactly dave you just added ab-1 bias to the am which certainly would
clean it up, but what would the spoiled kid in Tampa know he doesnt even
solder his mike plugs on.

What is the difference between a Class AB1 transistor amp, and a class
AB2?

Or better yet, what is the difference between the bias on an AB1 and
an AB2? (transistor amp)

LOL!

Old January 7th 05, 02:30 AM
Frank Gilliland

wrote in :

snip
If a third-party candidate was expected to take votes from the
Republicans you can bet that the roles would be reversed.

Exactly my point. Nader helped get Bush elected.

You are a living testament to Milton's biography of an enigmatic young
man who said, "I ate what?"

Grapes sour?

No, I believe the "sour grapes" story was told by Grimm and involved a
nutritionally-challenged fox.

Old January 7th 05, 02:34 AM
Steveo

Lancer wrote:
On 07 Jan 2005 00:31:35 GMT, Steveo
wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 06 Jan 2005 23:57:14 GMT, Steveo
wrote in :

This country shouldn't be limited to two political parties, so I
don't vote for either of them -regardless- of who I think is going
to win. As the saying goes, "It's better to light a single candle
than to sit and curse the darkness".

That's what the Republicans said when they sued to make sure Ralph
got on the ballot. Odd that. g

http://www.freep.com/news/politics/n...e_20040826.htm

If a third-party candidate was expected to take votes from the
Republicans you can bet that the roles would be reversed.

Exactly my point. Nader helped get Bush elected.

You really think that Nader made that much of a difference?

Well it was a fairly close election, and it's no secret the Dems didn't
want Ralph taking votes that might otherwise go to JK. I don't know how
many votes RN garnered in the end.

Old January 7th 05, 02:40 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 02:30:14 GMT, Lancer wrote in
. com:

wrote in :

This country shouldn't be limited to two political parties, so I don't
vote for either of them -regardless- of who I think is going to win.
As the saying goes, "It's better to light a single candle than to sit
and curse the darkness".

That's what the Republicans said when they sued to make sure Ralph got
on the ballot. Odd that. g

http://www.freep.com/news/politics/n...e_20040826.htm

If a third-party candidate was expected to take votes from the
Republicans you can bet that the roles would be reversed.

Exactly my point. Nader helped get Bush elected.

You really think that Nader made that much of a difference?

That's a question which can't be answered because there's no way to
tell how many Nader votes would have been Kerry votes if Nader hadn't
run.

My question is if Nader had more influence on the election than voting
fraud. That -can- be answered if there were more fraudulent Bush votes
than the total votes for Nader, which may indeed be the case.

Old January 7th 05, 02:48 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 11:57:44 -0800, Frank Gilliland
wrote in
:

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 08:09:05 -0500, Dave Hall
wrote in :

snip
Are you equally concerned that the overturning of a clear republican
victory in Washington State after not just one, but a few recounts,
and by a similar "bloat" in voter turnout?

First off, it was -HARDLY- a "clear republican victory". The first
count was done by machine and gave Rossi a lead so slim that it
triggered an -automatic- recount. That recount narrowed the lead to a
few dozen votes. It would have been foolish of any opponent -not- to
request a hand recount, which put Gregoire in the lead by 139 votes.
The rules were followed and Gregoire won. Now the Republicans are
whining up a storm and begging for a second election. Also, there have
been allegations that King County counted unconfirmed provisional
ballots. If that's true then it would be foolish for Rossi -not- to
contest the election. So far he hasn't.

But overall, Washington seems to be accomplishing what Ohio, Florida,
New Mexico and several other states cannot: conduct an election with a
transparent process.

Turns out that somebody just filed a contest of the WA gov. election
claiming that the margin of victory was smaller than the margin of
error. That's a perfectly legitimate argument. The election continues.

Old January 7th 05, 02:50 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 02:41:05 GMT, Lancer wrote in
. com:

snip
Still up to your eyeballs in snow? Our weather has been really wierd,
it was 70 Wednesday morning, and 20 this morning.

You're down there in Texas, right? So what's this I hear about Houston
being declared the city with the fattest people in the US?

Old January 7th 05, 02:52 AM
Steveo

Lancer wrote:
Still up to your eyeballs in snow? Our weather has been really wierd,
it was 70 Wednesday morning, and 20 this morning.

Nah, we've had warmer weather and rain/sleet/slush lately. Did plow from
midnight till 9 this morning tho..needed a big azz'd squeegee instead of a
plow.. You're right, very strange weather patterns.

How did your SW radio Christmas present go over?
Old January 7th 05, 03:06 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 18:50:47 -0800, Frank Gilliland
wrote in
:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/heal...05/detail.html