Old October 24th 05, 06:51 AM
DrDeath

Default FAQ

"Jock." wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 19:11:52 +0100, "The Magnum"
wrote:

Hold about a bit matey boy... Just because someone uses a CB doesnt make
them a lower class person or less intellectual than an Amateur radio user.
They may have brains far exceeding yours on several topics, just not on
radio. Just because you know a bit about radio doesnt make you a higher
class of person... IT JUST MEANS YOU KNOW ABOUT RADIO'S..... now try
learning common sense, respect for ones fellow man and remember.. Amateur
Radio.. Just like CB.. is JUST A HOBBY...
I love the bit though where you say "it is neither my wish to insult them"
but you manage to do it anyhow...
10-4 over and out .. or in your case QRT..

Another CB-er and potential F-class adherent.

(You can spot them the minute they put finger to keyboard).

Yet another reason I will never obtain a ham ticket. You seem to think that
your little piece of paper raises your IQ.

Old October 24th 05, 11:01 PM
Cmdr Buzz Corey

wrote:

Hold about a bit matey boy... Just because someone uses a CB doesnt make
them a lower class person or less intellectual than an Amateur radio user.
They may have brains far exceeding yours on several topics, just not on
radio. Just because you know a bit about radio doesnt make you a higher
class of person... IT JUST MEANS YOU KNOW ABOUT RADIO'S..... now try
learning common sense, respect for ones fellow man and remember.. Amateur
Radio.. Just like CB.. is JUST A HOBBY...
I love the bit though where you say "it is neither my wish to insult them"
but you manage to do it anyhow...
10-4 over and out .. or in your case QRT..

Another CB-er and potential F-class adherent.

(You can spot them the minute they put finger to keyboard).

Yet another reason I will never obtain a ham ticket.

Good news for ham radio!

You seem to think that
your little piece of paper raises your IQ.

Yet with you cber IQ you couldn't pass the test even though the answers
to the questions are available.
Old October 25th 05, 04:54 PM
The Magnum

Yet another reason I will never obtain a ham ticket.

Good news for ham radio!

Yep, there will be no one left on Ham soon after all the old farts have
died...

You seem to think that
your little piece of paper raises your IQ.

Yet with you cber IQ you couldn't pass the test even though the answers
to the questions are available.

Try taking an IQ test and i bet theres hardly any difference between you and
most people on CB. The only test you would outshine most CBers would be
radio related...

Old October 26th 05, 05:24 AM
DrDeath

"The Magnum" wrote in message

Yet another reason I will never obtain a ham ticket.

Good news for ham radio!

Yep, there will be no one left on Ham soon after all the old farts have
died...

You seem to think that
your little piece of paper raises your IQ.

Yet with you cber IQ you couldn't pass the test even though the answers
to the questions are available.

Try taking an IQ test and i bet theres hardly any difference between you
and
most people on CB. The only test you would outshine most CBers would be
radio related...

I doubt he knows as much about radio than I do. And from what I have read of
his posts, his IQ is certainly lower than my 147

Old October 26th 05, 08:55 PM
Cmdr Buzz Corey

DrDeath wrote:

I doubt he knows as much about radio than I do. And from what I have read of
his posts, his IQ is certainly lower than my 147

147? Yeah right.
Old October 27th 05, 05:03 PM
DrDeath

"Cmdr Buzz Corey" wrote in message
DrDeath wrote:

I doubt he knows as much about radio than I do. And from what I have read
of his posts, his IQ is certainly lower than my 147

147? Yeah right.

I realize that it is hard for you to comprehend that, with me being a CBer.
Challenging a belief system can be tough. Like your belief that all CBers
are to stupid to pass the ham test, that we sit around all day swilling beer
and saying "ten-fer good buddy". Or my favorite belief you hold, "I have a
ham ticket, that makes me special."

Old October 27th 05, 05:28 PM
The Magnum

DrDeath wrote:

I doubt he knows as much about radio than I do. And from what I have

read
of his posts, his IQ is certainly lower than my 147

147? Yeah right.

I realize that it is hard for you to comprehend that, with me being a

CBer.
Challenging a belief system can be tough. Like your belief that all CBers
are to stupid to pass the ham test, that we sit around all day swilling

beer
and saying "ten-fer good buddy". Or my favorite belief you hold, "I have a
ham ticket, that makes me special."

Why on earth would anyone want to pass an Amateur test to talk to guys like
this is beyond me. At least with CB you can have a laugh and also use it
sensibly without having to dedicate your whole life to the bloody thing....
Those people who look down on CB because they are amateurs really...really
need to get out and experience some life..... and i dont mean down to the
ham rallys to buy some more of someones junk to fill their houses with. Not
all Amateurs are like this but theres a lot that are, and a lot of them sit
in these newsgroups trying to prove something. Sad old farts....

Old October 27th 05, 05:44 PM
Jock.

DrDeath wrote:

I doubt he knows as much about radio than I do. And from what I have read
of his posts, his IQ is certainly lower than my 147

147? Yeah right.

I realize that it is hard for you to comprehend that, with me being a CBer.
Challenging a belief system can be tough. Like your belief that all CBers
are to stupid to pass the ham test, that we sit around all day swilling beer
and saying "ten-fer good buddy". Or my favorite belief you hold, "I have a
ham ticket, that makes me special."

Any moron can pick up a microphone.

--

73 de Jock.

Old Glory - a common misspelling. Only the first "l"
is necessary.