Old May 13th 08, 08:30 AM
Junior Member

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-05-13

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

Please find below the NEWSLETTER of Make More Miles on VHF"
the VHF-DX-Portal. We attempt to distribute the NEWSLETTER one or
two times per week.

For more details, please be so kind and refer at the "NEWS"-page
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php and check for the latest NEWS
(last 24 hours lines blinks / up to 3 days lines marked orange):

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER - MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

Notification Service of MMMonVHF for the TOP 50 MOST-WANTED-SQUARES

Some of our VHF-DX-Portal USER did ask us to spread out a email
notification to the USERS which have defined there missing Squares
at the Most Wanted Square List: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/emws.php
So from now the USER which have send in their MOST WANTED Squares
and will be use our notifictaion service will be informed by a short
eMAIL if one of the TOP 50 Squares will be new announced at MMMoNVHF.
These new service can be switched ON and OFF by the USER themself at
the Most Wanted Page.
PLEASE do update your MOST WANTED SQUARES and DXCCs regular!

VHF-EXPEDITIONS (specially 144 MHz MS/EME/TROPO)
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity NO!

Frank, DL8YHR, need to cancel the trip due to the reason that he
not received the documents for 50 MHz operation up to now...
New target SU (Locator KM50). He will try to activate that later on.
Also Frank will be qrv around begin of november from middel east...

***

Instead of the 1st planed expedition to Tunesia Frank, DL8YHR, changed
now his target to Egypt, SU, Locator KM50. Frank will try to be qrv
from SU from 27th of june +/- 2 days for around 5-6 days...
More details (as well the asked special call) will follow here soon.
You may subcribe these News to be always up to date:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1529

***

Svein, LA9JKA (JX9JKA) will be qrv from Jan Mayen (EU-022) from 27 March
through 8 October. LATEST NEWS de Geir, LA4XGA, dated 2008-05-12:
Heard some bad news about jx9jka. He can not send anymore. He is makeing
trouble on the fire alarm system on the island. Hope they will sort it
out.... Geir

***

A team was going to Belarus KO54 on 9-11 may to work on 1296 MHz via eme
and as well on 144 MHz via MS. QRA: ko54nj The group was qrv via internet
in ko54 and was long time at kst-chat. A lot of nice QSOs have been made.
Serge, RA3WND, did send MMMonVHF the MS-LOG - have a look at our REVIEW
page for QSL and Log: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/review.php - Keyword EV5M

***

For June this year I am I am preparing in cooperation with Dime Z35Z EME
DX pedition to Macedonia. So time to let you know that up to Thursday I
am in ZA and Z3 and will inform you about more details
next week. License for QRO in Z3 we already have. Zdenek - OK1DFC
Use: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1358 for latest updates...

***

End of CXpedition! On the last day we changed twice the feed (helps
slimming), starting with 70 cm. We worked OE9ERC and G4YTL. Later in the
evening after having changed back from 23 cm JT experiments, our last QSO
was with Grant, VE6TA, pushing our scores on that band to 30 QSO,
25 initials in 17 countries. VE6TA was also the last to switch off the
light on 13 cm yesterday. On 23 cm we completed 5 JT65C contacts today with
RD3DA, UT5JCW (random), PA3DZL, G4DZU (random) and OH3MCK (random). We saw
other stations calling, while still in progress with our takers. This
sacrificed the sked with VE7BBG, who was unfortunately burried under
other stations, although we were specifically calling him very sorry
for that. In total we made 143 CW-QSO, 4 SSB-QSO and 6 JT-contacts,
which includes 104 initials in CW and 6 in JT. Compared to 79 initials
during last year TF-DXpedition (94 total QSO's), we were able to improve
our score another time. Thanks to all, who were looking for us off the
rock, sorry for those we missed. It was once again a splendid experience
for us, even more as we made new friends in Uruguay and got a lot of
support from local hams. Hopefully we were successful in infecting a
few of them with the contagious virus of moonbouncing. Uruguay is a very
interesting place to visit, ideal for EME, as it is flat like a pancake,
but sometimes gum trees are a bit obsolete. Monika even discovered an
area with a large quantity of Notocactus and Cereus (thanks heaven...)
The locallly produced wine is excellent, especially the Tannat is
well-suited to make you survive the night, even in a bedroom with only
11. See you from another rare location??? 73 / 88 de M & M

***

Hermann, DL2NUD, qrt from EA7-Area and back home now...
LATEST NEWS from Jo, DL9MS, dated 2008-05-11: Sorry for the typo in
locator (tnx hint of EA7TN) - it was IM66XG. Hermann is now on the
way back to his home in DL. Most QSLs for the QSO was send out from
Spain.

VHF-EVENTS/ACTIVITIES
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity YES!

Henrik, OZ8ZS, qrv from KM15WM 50 MHz SSB/CW during holiday trip!
2008-05-09: station running! but no condx yet! cul 6m de SV9/OZ8ZS
KM15WM. LATEST NEWS de Henrik, SV9/OZ8ZS, dated 2008-05-10:
only hrd HB9EFK gd but rxis difficult due to high noise (S5-S7) all
the time but if strong ES I think no problem - 73s Henrik

***

St. Barthelemy DXpedition -- W0SD and W7XU will be operating from
St. Barth's (FK87) 28 June through 6 July concentrating on 6 meters.
LATEST NEWS de Ed, W0SD, dated 2008-05-10: The Link for the St.
Barthelemy Dx-Pedition by W7XU, N0QJM and W0SD is now available.
The online log feature will be added when we get our TO5 call sign.
http://www.w0sd.com/stbart/bart.htm

***

Operators Ian/G1JCC, Dick/G4LBH, Don/G4LOO, David/G4MVU, Terry/G4UEM,
Andy/G8ATD and Bryan/M0BIK will be active as GB2CI from Caldey Island
(WLOTA LH-4056) between 1800z, September 2nd to 1100z, September 8th.
Activity will be holiday style with operations on all bands 160-2 m.
Look for GW3SVJ/P to be operational over the weekend of September
6-7th for SSB and 2m contests. QSL direct or by the bureau to G8ATD.

***

Members of the A.R.I. Ivrea Club Station (IQ1IV) will activate special
event station IO1WWC between May 12th and June 8th. Activity is to
celebrate the 2008 Wildwater World Championships in Ivrea that takes
place between June 3-8th. Look for operations to be on all the bands,
HF to the VHF and UHF, with activity on the satellite. QSL via IQ1IV,
by the bureau or direct (see QRZ.com).

***

Operators Toru/JI5USJ (JD1BLX) and Makoto/JI5RPT (JD1BLY) will be
active from Chichijima Island (IOTA AS-031) in the Ogasawara Island
group between Augsut 10-16th. Activity will be on 160-6 meters,
using satellites, CW, SSB and the Digital modes. QSL via their home
callsigns. For updates, see: http://www.ji5rpt.com/jd1/

***

A group of 4 operators from Quebec City will be active as CG2I from
Grosse-Ile, Quebec, Canada (NA-128 C.IS.A. PQ-010, GRID FN47) between
July 25-27th. The members of the team will be Francois/VA2RC (VO2/VA2RC,
NA-077), Guy/VE2QRA (NA-128, NA-077), Steve/VE2TKH (CY9SS, VO2ZT,
VY0ICE) and Dany/VE2EBK (CI0GI, NA-128). There should be 2 stations
(with KW, beams and dipoles) active at the same time. Activity will
be on all bands 80-6 meters (if propagation is there) on SSB, CW and
RTTY/PSK31. During the RSGB IOTA Contest, a station will be dedicated
to the contest exclusively on SBB on the first half hour and CW for
the last hour. QSL via VE2CQ. More info on QRZ.com.

***

Jim, WB2REM, will be active as VP5/WB2REM between July 2-12th. Activity
will be on 160-6 meters, using CW and SSB. QSL direct ONLY via WB2REM.

***

Summits on the Air (SOTA)
Several new SOTA postings for HF and 70 / 144 / 430 MHz.
For a total daily overview we do recommend:
http://www.sotawatch.org/

************************************************** *******************
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal , hope Infos was exiting and all ok ...
************************************************** *******************

Tnx a lot for all incoming news and info. Above news will be from
following SOURCES: USERs of the MMMonVHF VHF-DX-Portal, IOTA-, SOTA-,
ARRL-, RSGB-, UKSMG, 4M5DX-News, EA6VQ-VHF and up DX news page, DX-MB,
SM7AED 50 MHz Notes, F5NQL-DX-News, 425 DX News, UBA-Traffic-News,
OZ6OM The Daily DX, RA3AQs The Russian VHF Portal, REF-Bulletin, N8OFS,
Radioamateur.ORG, OPDX, ADXO, ICPO, DX-Cal, RAFARS, Mining Project and
info we did find at ON4KST-, EA-V-U-SHF- and N0UK-Chats and others...
WE DO NEED YOUR HELP! If you see, or hear, or work yourself an
expedition, which is NOT (or is WRONG) at our MMMonVHF VHF-DX-Portal
PLEASE drop us an info using: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php
or pass us a mail! The MMM-Team is trying to spread expedition infos as
up to date and good as possible. We are NOT responceable for . . .
Read more in detail at our MMMonVHF-POLICY if need...

Have a lot of fun and enjoy our VHF-DX-Portal http://www.MMMonVHF.de!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)