Old May 24th 08, 01:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter subscription

MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-05-24
Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

Please find below the NEWSLETTER of Make More Miles on VHF"
the VHF-DX-Portal. We attempt to distribute the NEWSLETTER one or
two times per week.

For more details, please be so kind and refer at the "NEWS"-page
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php and check for the latest NEWS
(last 24 hours lines blinks / up to 3 days lines marked orange):

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER - MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

Best regards from our /p QTH in Krün (JN57PM) were we will meet for
our first MMMonVHF Team Meeting these days. We will keep all eyes
on up to date infos and will report as soon as possible. Via WLAN we
are connected to the KST-Chat as well SKYPE and all other sources...
DK5EW, DL8EBW & YL, HA5CRX & XYL, IV3NDC, PA2DW and PA4EME

***

144 MHz SPORADIC E Evaluation http://www.mmmonvhf.de/eseval.php
You may find here an Evaluation of the MUF data for 144 MHz from
2004 until today. The data source is based upon the great DXrobot
service done by Allard, PE1NWL. The yellow bars show the 'HIGH MUF'
periods and the red bars show the 'ES' periods for 144MHz.
This data is daily updated between beginning of April and the end
of September! The 'Today's MUF / ES' graphics on the top of the ES
page and on our frontpage http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ shows the daily
MUF / ES times. It's updated every 5 minutes. This graphic is free
for linking to from your own website by using this link:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/es/es.png

***

Matej, OK1TEH, did ask us to spread a article by OK1VPZ:
Even I don't like "multi-beaming" contest style with more of power
amplifiers and many antennas (however each fixed in different
direction) due to a huge EMC troubles, requests from other operators
pushed me to build such a simple and operators friendly RX antennas
switch for such a kind of contest operation. The result of my effort
is described at:
http://www.ok2kkw.com/00003016/rx_sw...itch_2m_en.htm

***

Returns / refusals from our MMMonVHF Newsletter past weeks...
We sorry to report, but there are several returns of the spreaded
newsletters in past weeks. specially T-Online but as well several
other so called "bigger" provider may have trouble with the MMMonVHF
server. So if you do not see two or at least one Newsletter once a
week if you subscribed, please check if you may have an alternative
email to subscribe...

VHF-EXPEDITIONS (specially 144 MHz MS/EME/TROPO)
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity NO!

Jussi, OH6ZZ, will be trying to be active from OH0 (KO09CX) in
advance of the JP91-Gig next weekend on 144 MHz MS on Random. QRV:
2008-May-24 1300z - 2008-05-25 0300z 144.398 MHz 1st FSK441 RANDOM
RIG: TS2000-GS35-2x8el - Telnet Cluster/KST chat and he try to be
on the MMM DXBlog at http://www.mmmonvhf.de/showblog.php?ca=OH6ZZ-0
73 Jussi OH6ZZ

***

This will be a holiday DXpedition to Noirmoutier en L’Ile IN86UX
IOTA EU-064. During 10-11-12-13 august will be 24 h qrv (minus
sleepingtime HI). Enet acces not sure. LATEST NEWS de Dirk, ON4IMM,
dated 2008-05-21: I can used the 50 Mhz with the call F/ON4IMM.
Read all the details at http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1240

***

I0/DK0A QRV from JN51XX
We get the chance to activate one of the Most Wanted Squares JN51XX.
We will be QRV from June 8 to June 14, 2008 on 144MHz and 50MHz – SSB
- CW – FSK441. Operating time is limited to 06:30 - 17:30UTC because
of restrictions of the nature reserve. RIG 144MHz: IC-706MK2G + GS35B
+ 17el Yagi - RIG 50MHz: IC-756 PRO II + 5el Yagi. We try to get a
connection to the DX-Cluster and KST-Chat via GPRS/UMTS.
73 de Thomas, DH8IAT

***

SU8... - KJ59 Instead of the 1st planed expedition to Tunesia (see our
MMM-Info) Frank, DL8YHR, changed now his target to Egypt, SU, Locator
have changed now to KJ59! Frank will try to be qrv from SU from 27th
of june +/- 2 days for around 5-6 days. More later on...

VHF-EVENTS/ACTIVITIES
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity YES!

A Mini Dxpedition to Piel Island (EU-005) by members of the CQ CQ
Portable Group, UK, will take place May 24th and 24th using the
special call sign GB0PIA - NEWS de Sean, M0GIA, dated 21st may:
We will be using 6m 2m and 70cm we intend to be QRP but will be
using PSK as well as SSB. Of course 160m - 10m for HF with various
antennas. The best thing is watch the DX cluster for the call sign
as we do not know what frequency's we will be using on the bands.
We will be QRV around 13:00hrs UTC Saturday until about the same
time Sunday.

***

Roland, HB9DPO, will be active from Canary Island La Palma IOTA
AF-004 (IL18CP) on 144,50MHz and HF between 07th and 14 Juni 2008.
Preferred 2Meter and Six-Meter - RIG:IC706 and FT-900 4Element
Beam 6m and 9Element 2M...

***

At June 1st. the EDR 5th. Precinct is having a fieldtrip to the
Museum of The Cold War (1947-89) at the Langeland fortress. More or
less all local branches have announced their participation.
We will be QRV with the call of the precinct OZ5FYN during the whole
event. Location will be in JO54IR and iota eu-172, Langeland is one
of the Fyn group Islands. For the dia fy-019. Activity will start with
participation in the inter-Danish activity contest at 80 meters, right
after the contest, starting at 10.00 UT the activity will be focused
at Europe round 3750 KHz ±QRM. During the afternoon we will be QRV at
the higher bands until appox. 14.30 UT. We will also establish an 50 MHz
station capable of all mode incl. demonstrating of JT6m and SSTV.
Spot QRG´s will be 50.173, 50.230 & 50.510 MHz ± QRM.
On behalf of the crew vy 73 de OZ6OM “Matt”

***

JE3NJZ/JA6,JA0KNM/JA6 plan to be active from Kuro Island (IOTA AS-024)
JA6 Yaeyama Is group from June 6-9 7Mhz to 28 Mhz and 50 MHz on CW,
SSB QSL via their home call. You can go direct or via the bureau
Remarks AS-024-009 Kuro Is JIIA Award http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~iota/newpage61.htm

***

TM3O (Tango Mike 3 Oscar) will be aired on June 7th and 8th for the 30th
anniversary of the Vendée, Mont des Alouettes repeater (West France) .
It will be aired too during the French VHF Championship. Hunt this TM3O as
follow : On Saturday June 7th, 40m between 1000 until 1400 utc. Starting
1400 utc same day, until Sunday 8th 1400 utc, on 144 Mhz, 432 Mhz, 1,20 Ghz
in and post contest. The crew : F8BON, F6AQI, F6DBA, F6GAF, F5BCB, F5RFS,
F5SVO, F5TRO, F4BYF, F4DXX, F4FEY, F4LJW. QSL via F5KEQ. Tks Patrice, F8BON

***

64th anniversary of the 6th of June 1944 landing in Normandy, WWII:
The Caen, F6KCZ ARC, will be on the air , using the special callsign TM5BBC,
in HF and VHF bands,to commemorate especially this 6th of June 2008, the 64th
anniversary of the landing in Normandy, (WWII)
Around this date, Both CW and SSB , in HF and VHF, will be active at the same
time, from May 30th to June 6th ( daily between 0700 and 1600 UTC)

***

From June 6th to 8th, 2008,the Association des RadioAmateurs des Côtes d'Armor

ARC (French Brittany) F6KBO, will be active from Brehat Island. References :
– IOTA EU-074 - MA-012, (Metropolitan French Islands Award DIFM) - WLOTA LH2010
- Canton of Paimpol DDCF 22-26 - Zip code 22870 - - French department : Côtes
d’Armor/22 - Province French Brittany - Callsign : TM6BRE - Bands and modes :
80 40 20 15 10 6 and 2 meters in SSB CW RTTY PSK31, QSL: via F6KBO

***

Summits on the Air (SOTA)
Several new SOTA postings for HF and 70 / 144 / 430 MHz.
For a total daily overview we do recommend:
http://www.sotawatch.org/

************************************************** *******************
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal , hope Infos was exiting and all ok ...
************************************************** *******************

Tnx a lot for all incoming news and info. Above news will be from
following SOURCES: USERs of the MMMonVHF VHF-DX-Portal, IOTA-, SOTA-,
ARRL-, RSGB-, UKSMG, 4M5DX-News, EA6VQ-VHF and up DX news page, DX-MB,
SM7AED 50 MHz Notes, F5NQL-DX-News, 425 DX News, UBA-Traffic-News,
OZ6OM The Daily DX, RA3AQs The Russian VHF Portal, REF-Bulletin, N8OFS,
Radioamateur.ORG, OPDX, ADXO, ICPO, DX-Cal, RAFARS, Mining Project and
info we did find at ON4KST-, EA-V-U-SHF- and N0UK-Chats and others...
WE DO NEED YOUR HELP! If you see, or hear, or work yourself an
expedition, which is NOT (or is WRONG) at our MMMonVHF VHF-DX-Portal
PLEASE drop us an info using: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php
or pass us a mail! The MMM-Team is trying to spread expedition infos as
up to date and good as possible. We are NOT responceable for . . .
Read more in detail at our MMMonVHF-POLICY if need...

Have a lot of fun and enjoy our VHF-DX-Portal http://www.MMMonVHF.de!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)