Old January 12th 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default RFD: rec.radio.amateur.moderated moderated in accurate information

wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 08:45:08 -0600, "Paul W. Schleck, K3FU"
wrote:

REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)
moderated group rec.radio.amateur.moderated

This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) for the creation of the
moderated Usenet newsgroup, rec.radio.amateur.moderated.

NEWSGROUPS LINE: rec.radio.amateur.moderated

rec.radio.amateur.moderated Amateur radio practices, rules, etc.
(Moderated)

RATIONALE: rec.radio.amateur.moderated

rec.radio.amateur.moderated is a moderated alternative to the existing
rec.radio.amateur.misc and rec.radio.amateur.policy newsgroups. The
rec.radio.amateur.misc newsgroup is chartered to discuss amateur ("ham")
radio practices, contents, events, rules, etc., including anything
related to amateur radio not specifically covered by another
rec.radio.amateur.* newsgroup. The rec.radio.amateur.policy newsgroup
is chartered to discuss ham radio rules, regulations, and policy. Over
the past several years, the traffic on both groups has become largely
flame wars, spam, and personal ad-hominem discussions of past, present,
and future violations and violators, having little or no bearing on
amateur radio. Polite requests by serious group posters to the
offenders to refrain from such behavior have not resulted in elimination
of such behavior and has in fact resulted in another series of flame
wars. As a result, many knowledgeable and concerned posters in both
groups have ceased being active therein.

why is the is inacurate asertion it is at best incomplete as the
makier of many to personal attack are sourced from ONE side of the
deabte to demize vilify and drive ooff the opostion the flaming IS?was
derectly related to point of the debate at hand the "code wars" they
were not as the propnet sates unrelated and out of the blue a
deliberate and calutaed attack by the ProCoders on the tech and
Nocoder

further I have seen NO admostion from the posters in these asking that
thoose making the bleant and rapant sexaul inudendo threat flaming and
general ceast and desist

Hi Mark. Having a great day, are we? LOL!

http://www.usenet.com
Old January 12th 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default Oh, the irony

REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)

But this time YOU made an off topic post and it was rejected.

No i did not make an offtopic post that I am aware of I am still aware
of what rule I may have violated I have asked repately for the rule of
the gruop and recievd NO response till I am allowed to know what is
considered off topic I can't be rationaly expect ed to comply with it
moderated group rec.radio.amateur.moderated

this whole thing is a farce any dicussion not aprved of aboutt his
proposal is rejected by the offical gruop as off topic

Oh, poor baby. And how many times have you chided Roger or others for

making
posts that are off topic? Hmmm????

many time but onyl when he MAKES off topic post

Leave it
alone, Mark. Get used to the simple fact that you simply are not wanted
there and move on.

acording to Paul Shlenk I am indeed wanted and my input welcome

Or would that be too "grown up" for you?

what is too grown up is for you to mind you own affairs, to read what
you reling in i many cases

Pot/Kettle. As in the way you mind your own affairs by butting in on
everybody else's comments?
Oh, the irony.

Old January 12th 07, 12:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default Gay basing

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

Ralph wrote:
wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:41:57 -0500, "Ralph" anon@anon wrote:

I would love to care to stop your gay basing?

Nobody, especially me, is gay "basing".

bul**** you have made one of your mission in live to harrass for daring
to Bi and not hiding it from staker like yourself
Stop putting words in the mouths of
others, especially when they disagree with you.

just describing YOUR actions

Repeating your lie over and over and over will not make it the truth. As a
contend.

Old January 12th 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc

wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:07:39 -0600, "U-Know-Who"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

Hi Mark. Having a great day, are we? LOL!

could be better of course Tom but I thank you for your concern I am
sure we all know exactly how deep it goes

but things are not doing too bad soft day at work a bit exsaperating
the way Paul sheck dumped this out there with very little real
explation

??? Dumped what?

http://www.usenet.com
Old January 12th 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default RFD: rec.radio.amateur.moderated moderated

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:44:45 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:36:30 -0500, Bob Brock
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 17:13:00 -0500, "KH6HZ" wrote:

Great proposal.

Can't wait to cast my vote for the affirmative.

The only dissenting opinion you'll find are those who wish to spew their
sewage into a forum like such, and will otherwise be shut out from doing so.

73
KH6HZ

That's not true. I'll vote against it and you can hardly accuse me of
being shut out since I left here years ago rather than waste many
hours accomplishing nothing constructive. The reason being that this
group is too polarized with no room for dissenting opinions. No
moderation is going to be impartial because no moderators are
impartial. Therefore, a moderated ng will not reflect the opinions of
hams in general. Instead, they will reflect the opinions approved by
biased moderators.

My advice is to go to googlegroups, yahoogroups, or any of the other
*.groups and start your own moderated community/group there instead of
trying to start your own moderated newsgroup on Usenet. It's a lot
easier.

I would say that without people whose only objective is to stifle
dissenting opinion gone, this would be a better newsgroup. However,
we all know that people will post to both newsgroups and probably get
banned for something that they posted here.

I had hoped that, once the code vs. no-code childishness was over,
these ng's would be useful again. I'm beginning to see that I was
wrong.

I'll try back here in a few years to see if things have improved any.

please try this gruop agin in few months the Procder are through
crying and NoCoder are still waiting the very end of the matter

I am curious and doing reasearch on wether there is colaration of
being for or against this NG and ones stance on code testing I
respectly ask if you were either ProCode or Nocode or none of the
above I thank esp if you satisfy my curiousity

73

I am one of those that were alleged not to exist. I've waited for
over 10 years for code to go away before I would upgrade. However, I
decided that, rather than waste time here, my efforts would be better
spent actively trying to drag ham radio into the 20th century.

That being said. I see no benefit to a moderated group and would not
participate in one. Self-moderation by all sides would go a long
ways. Establishing a moderated newsgroup on policy defeats it's own
purpose of providing open discussion.

Perhaps those who control the Big 8 will feel the same as myself.
Perhaps they won't. Either way, it's of no real consequence since I
have no interest in subscribing to such a newsgroup.

73

Old January 12th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc
Tex Tex is offline

Default Proposed Big Boys Club exsaperating

wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:07:39 -0600, "U-Know-Who"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Hi Mark. Having a great day, are we? LOL!

could be better of course Tom but I thank you for your concern I am
sure we all know exactly how deep it goes

but things are not doing too bad soft day at work a bit exsaperating
the way Paul sheck dumped this out there with very little real
explation

Poor Mark finds this all so "exsaperating" that he could just stomp his
toosties in "frutatoun". The Big Boys are proposing a new club and poor Mark
is not a part of it. Is being ignored. He is acting much like a petulant
little brat standing outside the locked door of the Big Boy's club house who
plaintively whines, "Come ON, you guys. Let me in. Why can't I come in? You
guys aren't fair. It's not fair! What did I ever do to you guys? I want in
and I want in NOW! Come ON! You guys owe me a real explation and I demand
that explation now!"

Watching Mark dance is SO entertaining.

"

Old January 12th 07, 01:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc

wrote:

please try this gruop agin in few months the Procder are through
crying and NoCoder are still waiting the very end of the matter

I am curious and doing reasearch on wether there is colaration of
being for or against this NG and ones stance on code testing I
respectly ask if you were either ProCode or Nocode or none of the
above I thank esp if you satisfy my curiousity

73

I am one of those that were alleged not to exist. I've waited for
over 10 years for code to go away before I would upgrade. However, I
decided that, rather than waste time here, my efforts would be better
spent actively trying to drag ham radio into the 20th century.

thank you for indulging me in my curousity

That being said. I see no benefit to a moderated group and would not
participate in one. Self-moderation by all sides would go a long
ways. Establishing a moderated newsgroup on policy defeats it's own
purpose of providing open discussion.

I see a few benifits and might post in one to see if they are
worthwhile but I am dubios myself

Perhaps those who control the Big 8 will feel the same as myself.
Perhaps they won't. Either way, it's of no real consequence since I
have no interest in subscribing to such a newsgroup.

again thank you for answering my question

73

Old January 12th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc

wrote:

[...]

Then stop all the whining!!!!

http://www.usenet.com
Old January 12th 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc

wrote:

[...]

what whing the only one whinning is you and lloyd assuming you are both
not the same person

Old January 12th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc

wrote:

[...]

You told me my name is "Tom" didn't ya?

http://www.usenet.com