Old February 25th 04, 09:33 AM
Dwight Stewart

"Newsgroup Lurker" wrote:

I purchased a hand held antenna from
Burghardt and was charged $15.00 for
UPS Ground. They don't notify of
shipping charges until you receive it, at
least the time I ordered.

I noticed your message was posted from "news.uni-berlin.de." You are in
the United States, right? If not, $15 is not excessive to ship something to
Germany. However, if you're in the USA, you're right that $15 is a little
high. However, I don't know why they would charge that. If I remember
correctly, they only charged me about $15 (also UPS ground) when they
shipped two handheld radios with extra batteries and chargers. Perhaps they
have a minimum shipping charge or something.

Honestly that was my problem since I
didn't ask.

Well, it is certainly a good idea to get all the details before ordering -
something I would recommend with any mail-order transaction.

The truth of it is, that is far too expensive
to charge. (snip)

Agreed.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Old February 25th 04, 01:59 PM
Mojo

I've only ordered from them once, but my experience was generally
good. Shipping charges were listed up front ($4.95 to ship a Kaito
radio, not bad...), and my order arrived in good condition. Turns out
I'm not crazy about the radio, but that's not their fault. I'd
probably buy from them again.

jm

"Rusty in Louisville" wrote in message ...
I would like to get some opinions about
Universal Radio, Inc., located in Reynoldsburg, Ohio.

My reason for asking is they seem to never ship on time
and always have to back order, sometimes taking 30 days
or more to back order.

Rusty in Louisville

Old February 26th 04, 10:55 AM
Charlie

I've been a customer of Universal Radio for well over
10 years and always received cureous and polite service.
I find using the 800 order line makes everything faster
moving. I recently purchased an Icom-R75, ordering it on
a Saturday, having the DSP optioned installed (they do it for free
and it eliminates any warantee problems). They intalled the DSP module
on Mpnday and shipped it Tuesday, I received the receiver Thursday
and it works as I expected-good. The receipt shows that Universal installed
the DSP unit and is under full warantee. I's reccoment Universa Radio without
a second thought. Grove, Lentini and AES are also very reliable
as is R&L I've used them all with good results
CB
Old March 16th 04, 12:34 AM
Minnie Bannister

I bought my HT and some other items there, and AFAIR everything shipped
promptly.

My one complaint is that their online "shopping basket" times out very
quickly: a couple of times I needed to check something and by the time I
came back to continue shopping my basket was empty again.

My biggest purchases have been from HRO, but their prices are sometimes
higher.

Alan AB2OS

On 02/18/04 01:13 pm Rusty in Louisville put fingers to keyboard and
launched the following message into cyberspace:

Old March 16th 04, 03:13 PM
Roger Baldwin

In article ,
Minnie Bannister wrote:

My experience with HRO is that they will at least match *any* listed
price.

Roger
kg6ras