Old November 22nd 05, 08:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.dx
Bob Whines More

Default K1MAN ESSAY: E051028A - WELCOME AARA AND IARN - HAM RADIO WILL DIE WITHOUT THEM

"Bob Sherin, W4ASX" wrote in message
oups.com...
You appear to be the only one crying -- in your erudite contribution.

Bob Sherin, W4ASX

BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Old November 22nd 05, 08:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.dx
Bob Sherin, W4ASX

Good friends, Above an imposter with a repetitive refrain, not me.

Bob Sherin, W4ASX

Old November 22nd 05, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.dx
Bob Whines More

"Bob Sherin, W4ASX" wrote in message
ups.com...
Good friends, Above an imposter with a repetitive refrain, not me.

Bob Sherin, W4ASX

Not me Not me
BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Old November 22nd 05, 08:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.cb

That or for his constant audio checks.

Old November 22nd 05, 08:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.cb
Bawling Bobby

Poor Bob, no more audience on 20 meters for his diatribes.

Old November 23rd 05, 04:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.cb
Bob Sherin, W4ASX

To the contrary, I find 20 meters prime spectrum of interesting hams.
Taking a break from business, I had the pleasure of talking all day on
20, only a minor part about the K1MAN story.

I'm glad you raised 20, because Glenn has weighed in within this thread
on the subject, decrying its decay.. Contrary to his view, I find 20
meters upbeat. Quite a change from a short time ago when Riley came on
board. Respect has replaced disrespect, a decent atmosphere has
replaced one which was polluted (now the kids can listen), contesters
are as avid as ever, friendly nets are ordinary operations, and hams,
for the most part, act courteously toward one another.

In my view, 20 has undergone a sea shift for the better. Diatribes?
If that is the way you wish to characterize this type of communication,
be my guest.

Bob Sherin, W4ASX

Old November 23rd 05, 04:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.cb
Bwah Bwah Bob

"Bob Sherin, W4ASX" wrote in message
oups.com...
To the contrary, I find 20 meters prime spectrum

///////////FLUSHED/////////

BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Old November 23rd 05, 07:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.cb
Blah Blah Blah Bob

"Bob Sherin, W4ASX" wrote in message
oups.com...
To the contrary, I find 20 meters prime spectrum of interesting hams.
Taking a break from business, I had the pleasure of talking all day on
20, only a minor part about the K1MAN story.
,

At the risk, "Preacher", of being characterized as being one of the
uninteresting Hams on 20 meters, may I?
Yes, you often do talk "all day on 20". And you talk, and you talk, and you
talk. At the end of the day, Bob, you have spent hours talking, and in the
process you actually say little.

Yes, previous posters are, in the vernacular, 'right on the money' when they
comment that many of them have made it a habit to spin their VFO to another
frequency when you arrive on scene. Why do you suppose this is, Bob?
Obviously what you have to say/bloviate is of little to no importance to the
majority of Hams within earshot of you, but that hardly gave you reason to
pause, did it? You blab on, undeterred, and are somehow convinced that you
are offering something of interest and value.

And, Bob? Please DO try to be just a tad bit less verbose. I realize that
you fancy yourself as a wordsmith, but try, at least, to keep your
vocabulary within the context of what it is you are attempting to convey.
You are, for the most part, not dazzling any of us with your attempts at
brilliance.
,
In my view, 20 has undergone a sea shift for the better. Diatribes?
If that is the way you wish to characterize this type of communication,
be my guest.

Bob Sherin, W4ASX
,

Yes, Bob. In your view I am sure it has. Meanwhile, Bob, many of us will
continue to do as we have been doing when we hear you on 20M. Turn you off.

Old November 23rd 05, 02:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.cb
Bob Sherin, W4ASX

Blah, Blah,

Turn me off; that is surely your prerogative. Based upon my results,
though, for every individual exercising your type of disgression, there
are hundreds who call, talk and befriend. My cup runneth over.

Now the latest on K1MAN as of November 23, 2005

K1MAN email to Riley Hollingsworth, Esq, FCC of November 22, 2005

"you QSYed to 14.313 so as to
wipe out everyone up there! You were in clear violation of FCC rules
by using more power than required to maintain your amateur radio
communications, and you deserve a $22,000 NAL!"

Last night, troubled by the K1MAN email to the FCC, I mulled it. And
what I came up with is dispositive of K1MAN's final disposition. Not
one to readily use the word lie, meaning misrepresentation with
scienter, I'm compelled to write that K1MAN's intention yesterday was
to deceive the FCC.

Here's why. "you QSYed (changed frequency) so as to wipe out everyone
up there!" Here K1MAN arrogates unto himself knowledge of intentional
interference and charges that I went on 14.313 to "wipe out everyone up
there." Nothing could be further from the truth. I made one
transmission the "Is this frequency occupied?" When the answer was
affirmative, I moved.

By making a false charge and failing to produce the mitigating or
exculpatory information of what, in fact, happened, K1MAN, who holds
himself out as a ham radio leader, maliciously misleads our regulator,
the FCC. Where a good part of ham radio is voluntary compliance and
cooperation in the resolution of problems, K1MAN does not possess the
moral character to be part of this colossus..

If this were his only transgression, a fair minded person might be
prone to let it slide with a slap on the wrist. However, the on-air
course of his performance shows that his conduct here is but a minor
part thereof.

Please make this part of the K1MAN record at the FCC.

Bob Sherin, W4ASX
Miami, Florida

Old November 23rd 05, 03:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.cb
Bob Sherin, W4ASX

All right, here's a well drawn post in which I can sink my teeth. Bob
Sherin, W4ASX

Blah Blah Blah Bob
Nov 23, 2:14 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.policy, rec.radio.amateur.misc,
rec.radio.amateur.dx, rec.radio.cb
From: "Blah Blah Blah Bob" NWTn.@anon - Find messages by this author

Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 02:14:16 -0500
Subject: K1MAN ESSAY: E051028A - WELCOME AARA AND IARN - HAM RADIO
WILL DIE WITHOUT THEM
original | Report Abuse

[...]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

W4ASX Replies 11/23/2005

Blah Blah Blah,

Thank you for your post. I especially appreciate it because your
points and position, well expressed, are clear.

Pluralism, the concept essentially of "different strokes for different
folks" is the responsive topical sentence. For sure, the realization
is there that not everyone is interested in the subject-matter of my
posts. Also, that writing, as an art form, is challenging. What turns
me on is to sink my teeth into a story of which I have unique knowlege
and try to reach an audience with that knowledge who come away
entertained and better informed.

Well understood is the difficulty of word-smithing. For our language
is so very rich when wielded to its full extent. All words have
semantical frameworks, so the choice is exacting. Does my effort to
write mean I'm a great writer? No. Ever since trying to go beyond
myself in writing 30 years ago, I've struggled to improve, marvelling
at those successful people whose text leaps off the page.

Notwithstanding, I think through my posts, spend time editing, read
the input coming back.

If you put my call and name into a newsgroup search, you'd be surprised
with the results. This isn't the only place nor subject on which I
post. I've posted in groups on religion and law as well. I'm also a
published author in publications too numerous to list here, but here
are some: The Miami Herald, The Miami News, Computer World, Datamation,
the Westside Gazette, Florida Skip, South Florida Business Journal.

I was paid for some of the articles. So to tell me, I'm not read is
clearly false. I know I'm read from your responsive posts, calls,
emails, and knowledge people often show who communicate with me. You
can also read it on the Net: One ham posted (about the KV4FZ story):
to understand the KV4FZ story, "see Bob Sherin, W4ASX's work."

More, to critcize operation on ham radio is self defeating. If we need
anything, we need to get the hams out and on the air, whether it be
code, rag chewing or contests. To characterize my operation on ham
radio is a waste of time in the face of my disclosure that I'm up to my
ears in business and use this collosssus for relaxation, is a
misrepresentation. The fact is, I'm not on much of the time when I'm
on the road doing gigs.

Whatever your opinions, fellow hams, have a happy holiday, at a time
when I have 3 gigs scheduled, moving my 85 pound Peavy speakers and
sound systems around. You enjoy while I work.

Bob Sherin, W4ASX