Old December 19th 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Cutting non ferrous metals with a table saw

Jimmie

Hey OM

did you looky at harbor freight tools?

I seen a twin blade circular saw $60 only

73 OM

n8zu

Commercially, we use a triple chip blade. The current blade is almost 10
years old and leaves a mirror finish on the aluminum cut.

Dale W4OP

Old December 19th 08, 03:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Ian White GM3SEK wrote:
At last - someone using the right tool for the job

You can get fine-kerf angle-grinder blades, that's what I use.
They need frequent replacement, but for the occasional cut, it
beats a hacksaw.
Old December 19th 08, 07:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Dec 18, 9:23*pm, "Dale Parfitt" wrote:
* Jimmie

Hey OM

did you looky at harbor freight tools?

I seen a twin blade circular saw $60 only

73 OM

n8zu

Commercially, we use a triple chip blade. The current blade is almost 10
years old and leaves a mirror finish on the aluminum cut.

Dale W4OP

I just realized I worked 37 hrs of overtime in the last 2 weeks. I
think I am going to treat myself to one of the triple chip blades.

Jimmie
Old December 19th 08, 03:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

JIMMIE wrote:
On Dec 18, 9:23*pm, "Dale Parfitt" wrote:

Commercially, we use a triple chip blade. The current blade is almost 10
years old and leaves a mirror finish on the aluminum cut.

Dale W4OP

I just realized I worked 37 hrs of overtime in the last 2 weeks. I
think I am going to treat myself to one of the triple chip blades.

Yeah, go on... "Because You're Worth It" :-)

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek
Old December 19th 08, 05:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Dec 18, 9:23*pm, "Dale Parfitt" wrote:
* Jimmie

Hey OM

did you looky at harbor freight tools?

I seen a twin blade circular saw $60 only

73 OM

n8zu

Commercially, we use a triple chip blade. The current blade is almost 10
years old and leaves a mirror finish on the aluminum cut.

Dale W4OP

Hey OM
If a twin blade 6.25 inch blade cuts like a 14 inch blade what's a
triple blade cut like?

And can you shave your face with that mirror?
That would make one heck of a disco ceiling mirror ball.

Twin blade is lifetime gaurantee.

73 OM
n8zu

Old December 19th 08, 05:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Dec 19, 10:35*am, Ian White GM3SEK wrote:
JIMMIE wrote:
On Dec 18, 9:23*pm, "Dale Parfitt" wrote:

Commercially, we use a triple chip blade. The current blade is almost 10
years old and leaves a mirror finish on the aluminum cut.

Dale W4OP

I just realized I worked 37 hrs of overtime in the last 2 weeks. I
think I am going to treat myself to one of the triple chip blades.

Yeah, go on... "Because You're Worth It" * :-)

--

73 from Ian GM3SEKhttp://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek

Hey OM

Heck just across the pond in Germany they gits 4 month paid vacation
plenty of time to use a diamond fingernail file to cut that aluminum.

73 OM
n8zu
Old December 19th 08, 05:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"raypsi" wrote in message
On Dec 18, 9:23 pm, "Dale Parfitt" wrote:
Jimmie

Hey OM

did you looky at harbor freight tools?

I seen a twin blade circular saw $60 only

73 OM

n8zu

Commercially, we use a triple chip blade. The current blade is almost 10
years old and leaves a mirror finish on the aluminum cut.

Dale W4OP

Hey OM
If a twin blade 6.25 inch blade cuts like a 14 inch blade what's a
triple blade cut like?

And can you shave your face with that mirror?
That would make one heck of a disco ceiling mirror ball.

Twin blade is lifetime gaurantee.

73 OM
n8zu

It is a single blade- and the triple chip refers to the rake of individual
teeth. I think every aluminum house uses a triple chip blade. Not cheap at
$150 or so- but as I said, one of our blades is around 10 years old, is used
daily and still cuts with a mirror finish.

Dale W4OP

Old February 6th 09, 07:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Dec 19 2008, 12:14*pm, raypsi wrote:
On Dec 18, 9:23*pm, "Dale Parfitt" wrote:

* Jimmie

Hey OM

did you looky at harbor freight tools?

I seen a twin blade circular saw $60 only

73 OM

n8zu

Commercially, we use a triple chip blade. The current blade is almost 10
years old and leaves a mirror finish on the aluminum cut.

Dale W4OP

Hey OM
If a twin blade 6.25 inch blade cuts like a 14 inch blade what's a
triple blade cut like?

And can you shave your face with that mirror?
That would make one heck of a disco ceiling mirror ball.

Twin blade is lifetime gaurantee.

73 OM
n8zu- Hide quoted text -

For those still interested I found that Delta makes a non ferrous
blade that sells for about $25 USD.

Jimmie
Old February 6th 09, 10:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"JIMMIE" wrote in message news:a583f333-5677-479d
Jimmie

For those still interested I found that Delta makes a non ferrous

blade that sells for about $25 USD.

Jimmie

Very interested. What size blade, and how does it cut aluminum?

Pete

Old February 7th 09, 08:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Feb 6, 5:16*pm, "Tio Pedro" wrote:
"JIMMIE" wrote in message news:a583f333-5677-479d

* Jimmie
* For those still interested I found that Delta makes a non ferrous
blade that sells for about $25 USD.

Jimmie

Very interested. What size blade, and how does it cut aluminum?

Pete

Blade is 10 inch, fits my chop saw , radial arm and table saw.
Ive used it to cut Al tubing and some square bar stock and it seemed
to do a good job.
I tried it on some Al sheet metal and it did pretty awful. I think
this has something to do with the alloy more than the blade. I have
always had trouble doing anything with this piece of stock. It binds
up drill bits in a second.

Jimmie

Cutting D11 on Realistic TRC-492 Froggie CB 12 September 15th 07 05:17 AM
BUY an auction house -- for precious metals Al Patrick Shortwave 0 March 4th 05 04:30 PM
I'm Cutting Back (OT) Burr Shortwave 14 May 3rd 04 09:34 AM
Cutting your own Airy R. Bean General 178 October 16th 03 12:27 PM
Cutting your own Airy R. Bean General 0 October 10th 03 09:47 AM