Old February 21st 04, 03:51 PM
maxfoo

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 12:28:13 +0000, Paul Burridge
wrote:

Anyone care to nominate an RF mixer chip for 100Mhz that's readily
available in the UK?

give 'em a call for free samples...

EUROPE
Hittite Microwave Europe Ltd
Sales and Applications
4.1 Intec Wade Road,
Basingstoke Hampshire,
RG24 8NE,
United Kingdom

E-Mail:
Phone: +44 1-256-817-000
Fax: +44 1-256-817-111

[]

Remove "HeadFromButt", before replying by email.
Old February 21st 04, 06:22 PM
Leon Heller

Paul Burridge wrote:
Anyone care to nominate an RF mixer chip for 100Mhz that's readily
available in the UK?

What sort of performance is required? Diode mixers are easy to obtain
and have good IMD characteristics. The impedances on the ports need to
be properly matched.

Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
Email:

Old February 21st 04, 07:22 PM
Paul Burridge

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 18:22:44 +0000, Leon Heller
wrote:

Paul Burridge wrote:
Anyone care to nominate an RF mixer chip for 100Mhz that's readily
available in the UK?

What sort of performance is required?

"Good." :-)

Diode mixers are easy to obtain
and have good IMD characteristics. The impedances on the ports need to
be properly matched.

What - the sort of crossed diode config one often sees in the ham
design books? Do you think I might as well just make one up from
discretes? I'm basically just trying to combine 60Mhz with 20Mhz to
end up with the difference frequency in this case. JJ suggested a
chip, but looking at the data sheet, it seemed to be designed more as
a modulator than a mixer. Let's not get into an argument over
semantics but y'all know what I mean, I'm sure.

BTW, thanks for a good steer with the Pulsonix suggestion, Leon. I'm
making good progress getting to grips with it.
--

The BBC: Licensed at public expense to spread lies.

Old February 21st 04, 08:50 PM
Frank Dinger

Anyone care to nominate an RF mixer chip for 100Mhz that's readily
available in the UK?

================================
SA602AN as well as SA612AN each costing GBP 2.50
Both have on-board LO circuit.
www.modecomponents.co.uk ,probably also from www.jabdog.com
Both companies are in the Birmingham area.
If you are a member of G-QRP Club the SA602AN is somewhat cheaper from Club
Sales.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

Old February 21st 04, 10:32 PM
Tim Wescott

The Philips SA602 or SA612 ought to be available in the UK. Don't overload
the RF port though, the gain folds back over 200mV RF input -- confuses the
hell out of an AGC loop.

Old February 21st 04, 11:03 PM
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sat, 21 Feb 2004 19:22:15 +0000) it happened Paul Burridge
wrote in
:

wrote:

Paul Burridge wrote:
[...]

I do this with a dual gate MOSFET, osc on second gate, signal on first.
A voltage divider on gate 2 to set it in teh non-linear part.
This works very well, is not critical, very cheap and extremely reliable.
Also the noise figure is good.
So tuned 40MHz in drain
I did one some weeks agao, but cant remember what that was for?
Anyway that sceme works up to a GHz , from kHz up.
If you need diagram and part example I could draw up one here.
Copyright Jan Panteltje 2004 All Right Reserved
By reading this you agree to pay me 1 fc.