Old April 20th 10, 06:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default What makes a real ham

A real ham is an individual who has successfully become licensed under the
rules for amateur radio in his/her country. Nothing more, nothing less.

73, de Hans, K0HB
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Proud Member of:
A1 Operators - http://www.arrl.org/awards/a1-op/

Old April 27th 10, 04:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On Apr 20, 1:53 am, KØHB wrote:

A real ham is an individual who has successfully become licensed under th

rules for amateur radio in his/her country. Nothing more, nothing less

..

So much better a definition.

I've always been uncomfortable at the "real" definition, or whatever
is left for those who do not measure up.

Which is why I'm a proud Second class operator, #891 as are you, #291

http://www.qsl.net/soc/

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

Old April 27th 10, 10:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Michael J. Coslo wrote:
On Apr 20, 1:53 am, KØHB wrote:

A real ham is an individual who has successfully become licensed under

th
rules for amateur radio in his/her country. Nothing more, nothing les

..

So much better a definition.

I've always been uncomfortable at the "real" definition, or whatever
is left for those who do not measure up.

Yes, this is by far the best definition I've seen so far.
Without all the other "But they don't know how to..." stuff.

Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi

--
“Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.”
Frank Leahy, Head coach, Notre Dame 1941-1954

http://www.stay-connect.com

Old April 21st 10, 04:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Yes, the new ARRL website organization is a train wreck. Broken links
abound!

--

wrote in message
news

A1 Operators - http://www.arrl.org/awards/a1-op/ Page not found!

Old April 22nd 10, 12:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

"KØHB" wrote

Yes, the new ARRL website organization is a train wreck. Broken links
abound!

They do acknowledge that it's not complete, and offer help finding stuff.
But then you have to wait for an answer....

Worse, it's just plain harder now (for me, anyway) to find things. For
example, Product Reviews are under the Technology tab (I discovered that
after finally entering "product reviews" in the site's search box, upper
right), and then you are grateful that ARRL Laboratory is the first section,
because only the first section is open, and in it you can (finally) see the
text title "Product reviews and test results." If Product Reviews were
elsewhere you'd never find it. Well, you'd find it eventually....

I'm not happy about the results of this reorganization. But no one asked me
to participate in the "focus group."

Howard N7SO

Old April 22nd 10, 04:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

KØHB wrote:
Yes, the new ARRL website organization is a train wreck. Broken links
abound!

That is fairly common when a new page debuts... Alas, one would wish
that they would fully test it but as you know one of Murphy's laws is:

It is impossible to make anything foolproof, because as soon as you do
nature will invent a better fool

Murphy, you know, was a woman.. Yes, a woman. Ask if you need proof