Old September 17th 04, 12:30 AM
Dave Heil

William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
N2EY wrote:

btw, thinking of departed rrap folk, it occurred to me that I probably hold the
record for most rrapper's QSO'd. Anybody beat this list?:

K8MN
W4NTI
K0HB
AC6XG
K3LT
K4YZ
W3RV
W6RCA
W0EX
WA2SI

73 de Jim, N2EY

I think you have the record. I've worked four from the list and you.

Dave K8MN

You've worked me a couple of times.

I worked you as K8MN? Nope, not even on SSB. NIL.

Then it must have been another David Heil or a slim with the same name
and QSL manager. Sorry to have mentioned it.

I do not and have not used a QSL manager for my operations as K8MN.

Who is K8MN? I'm talking about David Heil. Ever heard of him? Does
he use a QSL Manager?

Your cutesy-stupid routine can run only so long, "William".

Hello???

Hello, yourself. Any ideas yet on the mystery question: "Who is K8MN"?

Is that anything like your cutesy-stupid "CQ Magazine as a Membership
Organization" routine?

Maybe you can explain another way that to "rejoin" CQ Magazine.

I'm certain
that you can read after a fashion; otherwise you'd be unable to respond
without dragging a family member in for a "what's this say?" session.

When you used the noun "I", as in "I've worked four from the list and
you," I must have wrongly assumed that you meant yourself, as in David
Heil.

Did you use surrogates at your DX operations?

Sure. There was my J52US surrogate, my 9L1US surrogate, etc.

Take your time in digesting the material. Soak it all up. Absorb it.

No thanks. Your material is toxic.

It really just makes you feel weak until all of your "cutesy-stupid
genes" have been altered.

I've never sent a "David Heil" QSL.

Given that you have a QSL Manager, I suppose that is possible.

Never one, with or without a QSL manager. Have you sent QSL's using
your name rather than a callsign?

All my operations have taken place
from a given spot with a given callsign.

Try mobile operation sometime, Oh Greatest of Hams!

I do that about five days per week. "K8MN/M, Marshall County, West
Virginia" or "K8MN/mobile, Belmont County, Ohio" or "K8MN/mobile in
Wheeling, West Virginia" all work just fine.

How about a lengthy yarn about your operation as T5/Brian?

How about a ditty on "how to" on snagging rare, out-of-band, French
Hams on 6M?

I've never operated using my name as a callsign. My operations from any
country on any band, when working any Frenchmen have been totally within
regulations of the applicable governing authority.

Sheesh! I think you are more indignant about working me on HF than
you were about me leaving you off of the A1A Op list. Doesn't matter.
You'll always find something to become indignant about.

There is no A1A Op list. You screwed up when you first posted the
material. You told untruths when you recently brought up the topic. You
acted as if you didn't believe I could unearth the original post (that
must've cost me ten or twenty seconds) and you've gotten the name of the
club wrong now. Being indignant has naught to do with it. Keeping you
honest has been the problem.

Dave K8MN
Old September 17th 04, 12:50 AM
William

(Brian Kelly) wrote in message om...
(William) wrote in message om...
(Brian Kelly) wrote in message . com...
(William) wrote in message . com...

Burke but we understand, you can't put up HF antennas because you have
kids. Slick excuse that one is, quite creative, blame your lack of
performance on yer kids.

w3rv

Where did that come from? You must be losing your mental faculties.

Right here Burke.

A post in 2002:

- - - -

"Brian P Burke" wrote in message igy.com...
"Brian Kelly" wrote in message
om...
"Brian P Burke" wrote in message news:nQsR8.1597

Ooops. It's for a ground mounted antenna with radials.

It isn't "ground mounted" it's FED at ground level.

How is it supported?

----------------------------

Notice that I'm not interested in an antenna that is ground mounted.

----------------------------
The 1/4 WL flattop is supported, typically, between two trees. The 1/4
vertical portion drops straight down the tuner from one end of the
flattop. Do you have ANY literature on ham antennas??

So your tuner is just hanging by the vertical part of your inverted
"L," blowing in the wind?

Brian, you must still be thinking that I live in your house in Philadelphia.
I don't have trees in my yard. Its newer construction with a few ornamental
trees. But I mwentioned that already.

Didn't I mention that already?

And it drops straight down to the tuner, huh?

I still think you have something mounted to the ground within reach of
small children. Bad dad.

Didn't I tell you that I have small children and don't want a ground mounted
antenna? (YES)

Yes.

-----------------------

**There it is Burke. Blaming your little kids for not being able to
get on the air.**

Blaming? You're a fool. I safeguard my children.

You probably had yours climbing the two trees that supported your
inverted "L." I said that I didn't have two trees, didn't have one
tree, and that my house has aluminum siding and I didn't want a wire
radiator running up the side of my house against the metal siding. I
didn't want a ground mounted antenna where the kids could touch it.

I did say that I wanted an end-fed that I could mount one end to
my chimney, and the other end to my back fence,

But no, you kept insisting that your inverted "L" was my answer even
though I said it wasn't.

My endfed works just fine - thanks for all of your advice and help.
;^)

----------------------
**By the way, did you take yer kids to T5 and couldn't put up an
antenna there either? ? Izzat why nobody ever worked NoMind/T5?**

You may be on to something there. I didn't install the antenna that I
used in Somalia. Hi, hi!

And you're welcome to take your children on a tour of wunnerful,
sunny, Somalia anytime you feel like endangering them more.

Ya flaming nitwit, you had no clue what an inverted L is until myself
and others patiently and labororiously explained it to you over many
early posts in this thread before you finally got the drift.

I was introduced to the inverted L for 160/80 meter use by Steve Sears
in Illinois. He had the power company install some extra poles in his
yard to support it. My yard doesn't have power poles either, we have
underground utilities.

The drift that didn't get gotten was that I didn't want your inverted
L antenna and but you kept pushing it on me.

You just didn't get it then, and still don't get it now.

That
ain't gonna happen agn on my part.

Oh Thank GOD!

At which point you finally decided
an L wouldn't be a solution for you.

Hi, hi! You finally got it!!!

A day late and an insulator short.

If you had half a brain you would
have posted a request for advice on antennas at the outset and
provided the specific installation limitations you have which you
eventually revealed late in this idiotic game.

Wrong. In your typical blowhardt fashion, you busted onto the scene
with all the advice that I didn't need or want. It just didn't fit my
circumstances. But you knew better and kept hammering on and on and
on.

Ed asked you what your
installation conditions were but you ignored his offer and went back
to mindlessly hammering yer keyboard here instead.

Poor Ed. He got ignored.

But of course as we all know you don't have half a brain

Correct. I have a whole one.

so
predictably your history has repeated itself. Somebody gotta be the
dunce around here so I guess you'll hafta do until Kim "un-retires"
from RRAP agn.

More Extra civil discourse?

Have a nice life.
Old September 17th 04, 01:24 AM
N2EY

In article ,
(Brian Kelly) writes:

(William) wrote in message
. com...
(Brian Kelly) wrote in message
.com...
(William) wrote in message
.com...

He switches and then he's Golden! with fond, fond memories posted
below.

Cecil didn't "switch" anything,

The hell he didn't. He resigned his NCI membership.

Really? I obviously missed that one. Good for him.

After the rules changed, he said that reduction to 5 wpm for all classes was
enough. He resigned his membership in NCI and soon after reduced his
participation here. He's still around in rraa but not nearly as much as before.

a bunch of us PCTAs worked Cecil, a
NCTA and a good time was had by all, nothing more, nothing less Burke.
Better luck the next time you you try to twist documented reality by
lying about it.

No lie. He became a Code Exam Advocate after you guys dogged him for
years.

Nah, you know full well that Cecil dogging-proof Burke. If the results
of that nite had anything to do with his change in thinking, which I
seriously doubt, it was because us coders did real ham radio with him
and not your "RRAP is my ham radio" nonsense.

Who knows? Cecil's certainly the kind of guy who would argue for something just
to argue. He said so himself.

Point is, he did not change his views because anybody "dogged" him. He doesn't
work that way.

You guys dogged the poor ******* so much that he risked his property
and his life to prove that he was Morse Worthy.

You guys ought to be proud.

Actually yes we are.

Why am I not suprised?

Sorry you weren't there to join that exercise

No you're not.

Congratulations Burke, you finally got something right.

All were invited. Some of us showed up. And some of us have worked since.

Remember that FD when you worked AC6XG on 20 CW?

Burke but we understand, you can't put up HF antennas because you have
kids. Slick excuse that one is, quite creative, blame your lack of
performance on yer kids.

w3rv

Where did that come from? You must be losing your mental faculties.

Right here Burke.

A post in 2002:

- - - -

"Brian P Burke" wrote in message
digy.com...
[...]

early posts in this thread before you finally got the drift. That
ain't gonna happen agn on my part. At which point you finally decided
an L wouldn't be a solution for you. If you had half a brain you would
have posted a request for advice on antennas at the outset and
provided the specific installation limitations you have which you
eventually revealed late in this idiotic game. Ed asked you what your
installation conditions were but you ignored his offer and went back
to mindlessly hammering yer keyboard here instead.

You missed the point, Mr. Kelly.

The whole antenna discussion was a classic example of the N0IMD shaggy dog
discussion method.

This method consists of Mr. Burke telling us something that appears simple,
such as his antenna dilemma. Others offer solutions, he gives reasons why those
solutions won't work. This is done one little piece of info at a time, using up
lots of time and bandwidth.

I did a search back in that exchange and found a couple of interesting end-fed
antennas. Posted all sorts of info here. One design used coax and no tuner to
end-feed a wire - very interesting design. But none of them were suitable,
according to Mr. Burke. I soon realized that he could have done the search
himself, and found a workable design - if he was really interested in putting
up an antenna.

But of course as we all know you don't have half a brain so
predictably your history has repeated itself. Somebody gotta be the
dunce around here so I guess you'll hafta do until Kim "un-retires"
from RRAP agn.

So you get all fired up - for what?

Let me read a little further and see what else you don't get.

We're still waiting . . .

Why do the other people on here put up with your ****ty little answers?

See? *Your* information is "****ty little answers" but *his* lack of
research and information is OK. Now *you're* the bad guy, because you
can't solve his problem by remote control, given only inadequate information.

For the same reasons they have no choice but to put up with your
hopeless lack of mental horspower and/or the most fundamental
technical smarts. Which you compulsively display in gross volumes.

Brian, have a nice life.

Been there, done that, great life this, HF antennas being the
no-brainers that they are.

Oh, and by the way: I had a 135' L up for decades. 110ft x 50ft urban
lot. Tuner was a couple feet above grade in the back yard. Could get a
1:1 match outta the thing on any freq between around 3 to maybe 15 Mhz
by simply twisting a turns counter in the shack. Glomed 40% of my
5BDXCC with that inverted L. Not a tree in sight either.

During those decades my three daughters arrived and grew up with that
tuner in their back yard. The yard was kid magnet, pool, monster
homebrewed swingset, homebrewed 8' x 16' sandbox. There were times
when I counted 15 and more of the 2-10 year old set going at it only a
few feet from the tuner.

I'd "kid proofed" the tuner. Involved some intelligent design. That
drops you outta any further discourse on the matter. Stick to rubber
duckies Burke, everything else is over your head. What little there is
of it.

73, Brian

w3rv

- - - -

You can wriggle and you can squirm Burke but you can't help hanging
yourself by your own petard, you were born to shoot both of your feet
as often as you can in public. That's just the way you are.

All depends what you think the goal is. You're thinking the goal is to put up
an antenna. It's not.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old September 17th 04, 05:27 AM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(William) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,
(William) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,
(William) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(Brian Kelly) writes:

(William) wrote in message
.com...
(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,
(William) writes:

Cecil is off in other newsgroups. I'm sure he got sick and

tired
of the PCTA regulars in here. :-)

Welp, he tried to appease them by joining in one of their CW nets,

but
they still crapped on him. Then he joined them, but was so

distraught
by that action he left the group.

********
BULL**** you lying and utterly inconseqential Putzlet!!!
********

You really do need to pop for that tome on "recovering from

assholism"
and read it as many times as it takes to get it's message.

Ah...another "civil discourse" PCTA extra heard from. :-)

Civil discourse is RAGING throughout the news group!

Heh. All they have is RAGE. :-)

The running of the bulls. Gore is the result.

Tell that to the Florida vote-counters. :-)

Think of this place as "PCTA Pampalona East" with all the bull
running loose...

Like an open sewer.

That's why I used the term "sanitation" in another post. :-)

Kellie seems to have roared after building up more steam in his
mighty catapult!

Tsk.

He should put a whistle on that steam valve.

Nah. We already heard his boiler blow up some while ago.

Amazing what a little tin whistle will do.

Isn't it tweet? :-)

He was on here just the other day calling names.

Yes. But he isn't in here often. Prolly gets too worked up and red
in the face about not being loved and respected or something.

Then there's the guy running around here with a little tin star.

The Sheriff of Nothing Ham.

"Show me your Papers!" Hi hi.

Said he took a couple of days off.

So did Darkguard and Quitefeind.

Anonymousies crept back into their little anonymouse holes?

This place needs a termite inspection. All the dead wood in
here will attract termites. :-)

So, three years ago all of four CW-using-fans made a "net" after
arranging the contact time and frequency through the newsgroup?

Wow. Great "pioneering" of the airwaves...plus awarding "best of"
ratings for the four (or was it five?).

Yep goading an NCI member into operating during a thunderstorm. They
learned nothing from Ben Franklin.

Ben who? What was his call? Hi hi. :-)

4BEN

I heard of that Project...

Ben Heard?

Sorry. I thought you meant "The Forbin Project." Truly awful
Sci-Fi picture...worse than "Independence Day."

He came along long before all of the K/W hoopla. Originated "spark."
I think he actually communicated with God. God told him to forget the
on/off keying scenario. Original Sin. We've been paying for it ever
since.

Bless me Hiram for I have beeped...

Say 50 Hail MARSies for your penance.

Did the "net" all with CW to show "CW isn't dead!" :-)

Well, that just goes to show everyone that ALL newbies on HF
MUST learn CW in order to be in company with Giants of the Air!

Marvelous "reasoning." Too much seasoning. A broth of frosh oar.

:-)

Len, go easy on them. It's all they know.

I AM being easy on them! :-)

I know, I know. But it's just so unfair. Try tying half of your
brain behind your back, or load up on Oxycotin.

I'll contact Canada for a refill...

Get some catgut guitar strings while you're at it.

Can't. Some outraged PCTA will charge me with "animal cruelty"
or whatever, start a whole new thread in here. :-)

Poor babies can't take return fire in here.

Like it or not, th[ie]'re going to get it.

They've gotten it...but don't realize their wounds are terminal.

And they won't until the actuarial arrives.

No matter. Their code keys will have to be pried from their
cold, dead fingers.

PCTA extra Double Standard has to be invoked to "justify"

(rationalize)
their position.

Expect more raging nastygrams from them PCTAs. :-)

All those nastygrams. Th[ie]'re probably running out of USMC Form 1.

"Form 1?"

TP.

Har! I'm thinking real flight-line. Have to watch it... :-)

Must have changed flightline procedure quite a bit since I last walked
a tarmac. :-)

Not really, not much. But the CAP pilot wants us to think so. Makes him
special.

I hope they've had their physicals. They might want to run for President
some day.

Oops. I didn't stay on-topic of AMATEUR RADIO! The CAP might
pull a dawn raid on my residence! Or "steve and the boys" will
erect a burning ARRL logo on my front lawn...

Tsk.

He's too much of a whiner to have "boys."

They'd probably abuse him for shooting off his mouth allatime.

True enough...but he abuses everything else in here, so why not?

Hi hi.

Old September 17th 04, 12:14 PM
William

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
N2EY wrote:

[...]

Yes. He's a jerk.

Is that anything like your cutesy-stupid "CQ Magazine as a Membership
Organization" routine?

Maybe you can explain another way that to "rejoin" CQ Magazine.

So you're going to run your cutesy-stupid routine into the ground?

"Strike Twoooo"

Hi, hi!

I'm certain
that you can read after a fashion; otherwise you'd be unable to respond
without dragging a family member in for a "what's this say?" session.

When you used the noun "I", as in "I've worked four from the list and
you," I must have wrongly assumed that you meant yourself, as in David
Heil.

Did you use surrogates at your DX operations?

Sure. There was my J52US surrogate, my 9L1US surrogate, etc.

And there you have it.

Take your time in digesting the material. Soak it all up. Absorb it.

No thanks. Your material is toxic.

It really just makes you feel weak until all of your "cutesy-stupid
genes" have been altered.

Ooooh. How long did it take you?

I've never sent a "David Heil" QSL.

Given that you have a QSL Manager, I suppose that is possible.

Never one, with or without a QSL manager. Have you sent QSL's using
your name rather than a callsign?

Do your cards not have you name on them?

Just by coincidence, my QSL cards have both my name and my callsign on
them!

Plus the other usual stuff like my address, county, grid square, etc.

All my operations have taken place
from a given spot with a given callsign.

Try mobile operation sometime, Oh Greatest of Hams!

I do that about five days per week. "K8MN/M, Marshall County, West
Virginia" or "K8MN/mobile, Belmont County, Ohio" or "K8MN/mobile in
Wheeling, West Virginia" all work just fine.

Then you shouldn't give misleading information such as, "All my
operations have taken place from a given spot..."

Another ham on rrap would have called you a liar for that.

How about a lengthy yarn about your operation as T5/Brian?

How about a ditty on "how to" on snagging rare, out-of-band, French
Hams on 6M?

I've never operated using my name as a callsign.

I couldn't imagine it. Who would do that?

My operations from any
country on any band, when working any Frenchmen have been totally within
regulations of the applicable governing authority.

Good thing, too.

Sheesh! I think you are more indignant about working me on HF than
you were about me leaving you off of the A1A Op list. Doesn't matter.
You'll always find something to become indignant about.

There is no A1A Op list. You screwed up when you first posted the
material. You told untruths

I made a mistake.

when you recently brought up the topic. You
acted as if you didn't believe I could unearth the original post (that
must've cost me ten or twenty seconds) and you've gotten the name of the
club wrong now.

No. I think I my original premise was right. Some amateurs are nice
guys and deserve to be on that list. Then there are others who are
jerks and shouldn't be on that list. How you got on it is a mystery
to me, but I do stand corrected. You did get on the list somehow.

Being indignant has naught to do with it. Keeping you
honest has been the problem.

Dave K8MN

Your cutesy-stupid routine and acting indignant is wearing a little
thin.

Best of Luck.