RadioBanter

-   -   ARS License Numbers (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/26575-re-ars-license-numbers.html)

Behold October 1st 04 05:50 PM

Must mean the CW Test wasnt the Problem.
It never was
--
Keyboard to you

"WA8ULX" wrote in message
2 months in a row with BIG Declines, guess what the DUMBING DOWN isnt

working.
Must mean the CW Test wasnt the Problem.

WA8ULX October 1st 04 07:36 PM

Must mean the CW Test wasnt the Problem.
It never was
--

Everybody knows that, but the No Code Crowd Claimed that was the reason.

Dee D. Flint October 1st 04 07:45 PM

"N2EY" wrote in message
om...
These are the number of unexpired FCC ARS
licenses held by individuals on the dates listed:

As of May 14, 2000:

Novice - 49,329
Technician - 205,394
Technician Plus - 128,860
General - 112,677
Advanced - 99,782
Extra - 78,750

Total Tech/TechPlus - 334,254

Total all classes - 674,792

As of September 30, 2004:

Novice - 30,302 (decrease of 19,027)
Technician - 264,057 (increase of 58,663)
Technician Plus - 56,472 (decrease of 72,388)
General - 138,753 (increase of 26,076)
Advanced - 78,699 (decrease of 21,083)
Extra - 105,834 (increase of 27,084)

Total Tech/TechPlus - 320,529 (decrease of 13,725)

Total all classes - 674,117 (decrease of 675)

73 de Jim, N2EY

Looks like we are slowly heading for a one class system and at the highest
class at that as the greatest increase was in the number of Extras. On a
percent growth basis, it's even more noticeable. The Extra class grew 34%
in that time period.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

WA8ULX October 1st 04 08:10 PM

Looks like we are slowly heading for a one class system and at the highest
class at that as the greatest increase was in the number of Extras.

I hope that wasnt a surprise. Now that the EXTRA is pretty much a NO Brainer
test.

N2EY October 2nd 04 12:55 AM

In article , "Dee D. Flint"
writes:

Looks like we are slowly heading for a one class system and at the highest
class at that as the greatest increase was in the number of Extras. On a
percent growth basis, it's even more noticeable. The Extra class grew 34%
in that time period.

If you consider the Tech and Tech Plus as one class, it sure seems that way,
Dee.

Of course Novice, Advanced and Tech Plus have to decrease, because no new ones
are being issued. Extra can only decrease by expiration/cancellation, of
course.

Note how little Advanced has decreased, (percentagewise) though.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Dee D. Flint October 2nd 04 08:23 PM

"N2EY" wrote in message
In article , "Dee D. Flint"
writes:

Looks like we are slowly heading for a one class system and at the

highest
class at that as the greatest increase was in the number of Extras. On a
percent growth basis, it's even more noticeable. The Extra class grew

34%
in that time period.

If you consider the Tech and Tech Plus as one class, it sure seems that

way,
Dee.

Yes I believe it is necessary to consider them one class. Some new Techs
still do test for code and get HF privileges yet will only be listed as
Techs while all Tech Plus licensees will be listed as Tech after their next
renewal.

Of course Novice, Advanced and Tech Plus have to decrease, because no new

ones
are being issued. Extra can only decrease by expiration/cancellation, of
course.

Note how little Advanced has decreased, (percentagewise) though.

Yet shouldn't the Advanced be decreasing rapidly since they can now go to
Extra with little effort (they already know the toughest part of the
material from their Advanced study)? Is it that many haven't heard of the
licensing changes, or are they hung up on having a class that "proves" they
passed 13wpm (it doesn't since waivers have been around for over 10 years),
or are they simply satisfied with the range of frequencies that they have?

The minimal decrease in Advanced licensees would tend to lead me to believe
that the majority of people now receiving their Extra class licenses are
relatively new. They are the ones who just keep going after they pass that
first test. This would also explain the apparently low growth in Tech/Tech+
and General. They aren't in those classes long enough to get counted in
your postings under those classes.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

N2EY October 3rd 04 02:56 AM

In article , "Dee D. Flint"
writes:

"N2EY" wrote in message
In article , "Dee D. Flint"
writes:

Looks like we are slowly heading for a one class system and at the

highest
class at that as the greatest increase was in the number of Extras. On a
percent growth basis, it's even more noticeable. The Extra class grew

34%
in that time period.

If you consider the Tech and Tech Plus as one class, it sure seems that

way,
Dee.

Yes I believe it is necessary to consider them one class. Some new Techs
still do test for code and get HF privileges yet will only be listed as
Techs while all Tech Plus licensees will be listed as Tech after their next
renewal.

Agreed. Also, if a Novice takes Element 2, s/he gets a Tech, not a Tech Plus,
and retains HF privileges and Element 1 credit as long as s/he keeps the old
Novice documents.

It's interesting to note that the Tech/Tech Plus total has been dropping.

Of course Novice, Advanced and Tech Plus have to decrease, because no new

ones
are being issued. Extra can only decrease by expiration/cancellation, of
course.

Note how little Advanced has decreased, (percentagewise) though.

Yet shouldn't the Advanced be decreasing rapidly since they can now go to
Extra with little effort (they already know the toughest part of the
material from their Advanced study)?

Supposedly. But the fact is that not so many Advanceds are upgrading.

Is it that many haven't heard of the
licensing changes, or are they hung up on having a class that "proves" they
passed 13wpm (it doesn't since waivers have been around for over 10 years),
or are they simply satisfied with the range of frequencies that they have?

Probably a combination. Note also this:

If, after April 15, 2000 but before April 15, 2001, someone presented the FCC
with valid CSCEs or other acceptable documents for 5 wpm code and all the
writtens required for Advanced, they'd be issued an Advanced without a waiver.
Some folks actually did that. Of purely academic interest now, of course.

I think the biggest factors are that some haven't heard of the changes, and
others are satisfied with what they have.

There's also the fact that an unknown number are inactive, and may be SK.
Remember that Advanced is a very old license class - it goes all the way back
to the beginning of the FCC, when it was known as "Class A". When FCC closed
Advanced to new issues at the end of 1952, there were well over 40,000 of them,
and when the Advanced was reopened to new issues in 1967, their number had not
diminished much. There were less than 5000 Extras then, by comparison.

The minimal decrease in Advanced licensees would tend to lead me to believe
that the majority of people now receiving their Extra class licenses are
relatively new. They are the ones who just keep going after they pass that
first test. This would also explain the apparently low growth in Tech/Tech+
and General. They aren't in those classes long enough to get counted in
your postings under those classes.

All true. In fact, if someone goes from, say, Tech to Extra in one VE session,
they will never show as General on the FCC database.

73 de Jim, N2EY

William October 6th 04 04:28 AM

PAMNO (N2EY) wrote in message ...

...if someone goes from, say, Tech to Extra in one VE session,
they will never show as General on the FCC database.

73 de Jim, N2EY

??? Out of the Box ???

Such a crime.

William October 6th 04 04:50 AM

(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...

I don't think so...Thankfully I wake up next to W5AMY...Not YOU.

Who dat?

From QRZ.com:

"Callsign: W5AMY Class: Technician Codes: HVIE USA
Name: AMELIA J ROBESON
Addr1: 151 12TH AVE NW
Addr2: WINCHESTER, TN 37398
Country: USA
Effective: 29 May 2003 Expires: 03 Oct 2010
FRN: 0003911245 What's this?
FCC: ULS Listing
Lookups: 329
Update / Renew License

*******************
QSL Mgr: K4CAP

*******************

Hi, hi!

K4CAP is Kaput! Oop-sai-yo!

"QSL manager?" Wonder if he censors her mail, too?

I think he snags all of the IRC's and Greenstamps that this DX vixen
generates.

Previously: KD6IJB

My, oh my, a genuine modern callsign.

Wonder what the Old Timey "W5" is all about?

Coordinates: 35.188876 -86.111111

Wonder if Stevie Wonder can convert them to DMS? Bet he can't.

County: Franklin
Grid: EM75hi
Area Code: 931
GMT Offset: -6
Time Zone: Central
Has DST?: Y
Birthday: 21 Jan 1964"

Not exactly jailbait. At least he snagged someone with enough
maturity to know what she was getting into. Kind of. Prolly
impressed by that disability check.

End QRZ quote.

She'll be proud and thankful of you for dragging her into your
R.R.A.P. sickness.

Is she a psychologist?

What is her AOL screen name? ?

Never did get a reply.

Tsk. Second time around. ["strike twooooo" :-) ]

Her? Him? Them?

I wonder if 151 12th Ave. NW has sturdy windows? Like enough to
resist bricks? :-)

?

And I keep telling Jim that you cannot help yourself from having to
respond to every posting, but he doesn't believe it. Yet you prove it
over and over again!

And again.

And again.

And he doesn't believe it. No matter how many
times you prove it over and over again, he just doesn't believe it.

Why should he?

And again.

And again.

It's not true.

And again.

And again.

It wasn't true yesterday, and it's not true today.

And again.

And again.

I do not respond to "every posting"...Not yours, Not Lennie's, not

Jim's
nor anyone elses.

And again.

And again.

You have uttered yet ANOTHER mistruth.

And again.

And again.

One needs to use macros to "reply" to some... :-)

A-yup!

Ayup indeed... :-)

indeed.

I think the both of you are dysfunctional.

Why?

Because we challenge your frequent errors and omissions?

Because you have no choice but to respond. You're incapable of not
responding.

Compulsive obsessionists. Tsk.

I think at this point he realizes that he screwed up.

He's being slapped by his sgfnt other about now.

Loggins and Messina got it right, "Twin Brothers of Insane Mothers."

Best of Luck.

No luck needed here, Brian.

Luck into someone with real medical training in mental illness. Jim's
not up to the task no matter his best intentions.

Jimmie isn't? Gosh, I thought he knew EVERYTHING, what's "right"
and what's "wrong."

This sickness is just a little out of Jim's league.

Nonsense. Jimmie know ALL, especially who is "wrong" and who is
"right." One doesn't need to ask him, he tell all... :-)

Jim knows how to scratch up a nice budbox.

Tsk. Another illusion shattered...

[pass the Angostura... :-) ]

Hey Len, I've been holding the fort down for a few days - with one
hand tied behind my back. I can't believe how easy it's been. Steve
drags his wife into this, Dave thinks CQ is a membership organization,
and Kelly want to get me on the air so he can bend me over. Maybe
I'll postpone pulling a Cecil for a little while longer.

Anyway, can you believe this fool drags his wife into this? So far
nobody has made fun of her "Old Timey" call sign. Hope it stays that
way. Notice who her QSL manager is??? ;^)

Didn't Arnie Macey's wife come on here a few times and straighten us
all out?

I could be wrong. Been wrong before.

I seem to remember Mrs. Nursie allegedly coming in here for one
message and telling everyone that Yell-yell was just such a nice
person...or whatever. Was a long time ago in here.

Was that W5AMY or KD6IJB? It's so hard to remember all of these
wunnerful old timey ham calls. Steve's such a swell guy! Hi, hi!

Of course, there were NO authenticators to prove any of that. :-)

Never are.

PCTA extras "never lie" (according to them). [ahem...]

Correct. Ahem! Sorry about the phlegm.

We all MUST "believe" them, like they "always tell the truth."

They are so friggin honest! Hi, hi!

Like Quitfun and Deoderant Voice of God are "real hams."

Of course. :-)

Hardly.

bb

Steve Robeson K4CAP October 6th 04 03:27 PM

Subject: ARS License Numbers
From: (William)
Date: 10/5/2004 10:50 PM Central Standard Time
(Len Over 21) wrote in message

Wonder what the Old Timey "W5" is all about?

Geeeeeeee....wonder if ya might have figgered out the REST of the
callsign, Brain?

And the W5 is a tip-o-the-hat to her home state of Arkansas.

I see you're still holding on to your NOMIND call even though you're now a
permanent resident of 8-land...So what's up with THAT, since you make an issue
of it...?!?!

[...]

Well...we could start this off by saying you've not held anything down.

Had you READ Dave's comments on "CQ Magazine", you might have really
understood what he said and to whom. He said nothing of the like about "CQ"
being a "membership" organization. Nothing.

Instead you completely misquoted him. Of course intentional misquotes are
the ONLY way either you or Lennie can perpetuate your silliness.

Then the comment about Brian Kelly wanting to "bend you over" on the air.
What a hoot.

The objective was to give you an opportunity to prove even some of the
smallest of your assertions, one being that you have enough smarts to generate
some RF. Seems you can't even do that. You have lotsa claims of operating
from distant places, portable callsigns, and operation from DX locales that
lotsa guys would love to operate from, yet you can't come up with ONE QSL card
or reference that validates any of it.

And then you oddly quoted my XYL's QRZ info and claimed I "dragged her
into this discussion" after stating I'd rather find myself next to her than
you.

I guess I hurt your feelings.

I find the really funny part is that she has 329 look-ups (per your own
quote) to your (as of MY look this AM) 319.

Seems it doesn't take much to beat you at ANYthing, Brain...Even by my
wife.

Sheeeesh.

(You may go ahead and start clicking on your QRZ site over and over and
run it up if you'd care to...I am sure you'll have fun...)

You're a fool, Burke. A silly, pathetic fool.

Steve, K4YZ