Old August 8th 03, 10:49 PM
No CW Test

writes:

(Len Anderson wrote):

Poor Dave, still smarting over his alleged expertise in State Dept.
communications from the Cashew Nut Capital of Africa. :-)

Was Len Anderson ever there?

He loves to put down others using "standards" of his own invention.
That saves him time and embare-assment of talking ON a subject.
It's so much easier for him to insult a communicator personally when
he doesn't have any valid argument on subjects.

That seems endemic to the members of the Gang of Four, PCTAs
all, drunk on sour whine after the rewrite of S25.5.

You are upset, Len.

Who is Len?

Ellen Degeneres does that character much better than you, Brian Burke.

Old August 8th 03, 11:53 PM
Brian

"Dick Carroll;" wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

"Dick Carroll;" wrote in message ...

Brian wrote:

(AveryFine) wrote in message ...

Do you know if Len Anderson is a cannibal? Claims have been made that he eats
others for breakfast.

Who? When?

Dave thinks he's a pugilist.

Typo. Pigilist.

It's "pugilist."

No. Pigilist.

ifferent year.

Ignorant DICK.
Old August 9th 03, 02:16 AM
Radio Amateur KC2HMZ

Now that the furor (not Fuhrer) over this whole ex-CB'er thing has
finally died down...

On 03 Aug 2003 03:02:18 GMT, ospam (Larry Roll K3LT)
wrote:

John:

Yep, it is true! I was once a CB'er, for a whole six months! I was the
Asst. Mgr. of the Radio Shack store in Depew, NY at the time, and I gave
myself a 30% discount on a Realistic TRC-23 CB transceiver -- the top-of-
the-line AM CB rig at the time in the era just before 40 channels.
installed it in my 1972 Dodge Colt with a 102" whip antenna,

1972 Would make it the original Navaho (TRC-23, no bloody A, B, or C,
as Scotty might say). Kind of bulky for a Dodge Colt, but at least
somebody took advantage of the dual power supply in one of those. Most
of 'em got used as base station rigs...and 99% of the users were off
the air if the power went out because they didn't have the sense to
provide a backup DC supply for a rig that was tailor made for it.

This was back in the days when some people who worked at Radio Shack
actually knew something about their products.

When I went in to the store in NT and bought a handheld,
crystal-controlled scanner (circa 1975) the guy there had a whole
boxful of crystals and a list he had compiled himself of local
frequencies in case folks wanted to order 'em (at $5 each). Whereas
today they have to pull the data sheet up off the internet to tell you
if the scanner you're looking at even covers a given frequency. Today
they're more like Cellphone Shack. sigh

Radio Shack...you've got questions, we've got dumb looks.

and actually
got a lot of use out of it when travelling between the area R/S stores on
stock transfer missions and going to/from the repair shop in Buffalo.

Buffalo or Tonawanda? I thought the (so-called) "factory repair" shop
was in the Colvin/Eggert Plaza back then.

When I quit the job at Radio Shack and joined the Air Force, that was
the end of my brilliant career as a CB'er!

A brilliant career move on both counts.

73 de Larry, K3LT
Ex: KHM-7772 (Handle: "Sky King")

I assume you're aware of the significance of SKYKING relative to its
appearance in AFKAI-1?

73 DE John, KC2HMZ

Old August 9th 03, 11:09 PM
Radio Amateur KC2HMZ

On 09 Aug 2003 02:36:38 GMT, ospam (Larry Roll K3LT)
wrote:

Actually, it was the TRC-23 bloody C!

Well, as I said, there wasn't all that much difference between 'em.
Add a Delta Tune knob to 1974's model and call it "New For '75!"
That's how Tandy did it back then.

And I got my time line mixed up, I
worked for Radio Shack from '74 to '75. In '72 I was working in the
Carhart Photo processing lab on Broadway -- remember them?

Uh, no...you have a few years on me, and I was living in NT then.

I know that "SKYKING" used to be a call used by Air Force ground
stations as a general call to aircraft. As in "SKYKING, SKYKING,
This is McClellan, do not answer -- traffic follows" Am I warm?

Plenty warm, see below.

I don't relate to "AFKAI-1." I personally got the "handle" Sky King
from the old TV program by the same name.

AFKAI-1 is a USAF document listing tactical callsigns assigned to
various purposes. Parts of the document are classified so don't expect
to find a copy on the net.

As for SKYKING, it is believed (by long-time HF utility station
monitors) to refer to assets under STRATCOM. The current form of a
"foxtrot" goes something like, "SKYKING, SKYKING, do not answer,
sierra, oscar, lima, authentication bravo sierra, I say again,
SKYKING, SKYKING, do not answer, sierra, oscar, lima, authentication
bravo sierra, time 2027, Andrews out." Three letter message, two
letter authentication, with the timestamp of the transmission
following the second reading of the message.

73 DE John, KC2HMZ

Old August 10th 03, 01:09 AM
Mike Coslo

Dick Carroll; wrote:

leaky fawecettes wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Just practicing one of the the new Q signals....

- Mike KB3EIA -

Another guy in here thinks the end of CW spells
the complete end of ham radio.....how utterly
pathetic...

Yeah, "leaker" you sure are. You can't getit straight, either. Nothing will "end" han
radio, at least not in any short time, just make it realtively useless.

And how exactly can he read that from my little joke anyhow, Dick? It
had nothing to do with CW at all.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old August 10th 03, 02:00 AM
Len Over 21

In article , Floyd Davidson
writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote:
Floyd Davidson writes:

It does? Is that why he's been using you for entertainment (and I
might add, providing others with great laughs) for how many years?

It's really Wry Amusement, Floyd. :-)

How true! The funniest part is how close you can fly these zingers
past the pointed heads and they *still* miss it.

They don't understand. Yet another syndrome of Beeperitis.

1. They don't dare admit they "got it" because that would dimish
them in their own eyes (they don't care how others see them).
2. They are so wrapped up in their fantasy and constant ARRL
brainwashing that they cannot perceive reality.
3. Both of the preceding.

Seven??? And _you_ think it bugs him!

Heh heh heh.

Doesn't bother me a bit. My interest has always been on removing the
code test for a radio license. That's begun happening internationally.
Quite satisfactory to me. More work to do on that for the US regulations
but this newsgroup is NOT the venue for any serious debate. :-)

Ain't that the truth! The only thing serious here is the degree
of mental aberation on display.

It ain't easy walking into a Looney Bin and trying to communicate with
those living in a world totally devoted to amateurism as it usta be.

See you next week. Maybe.

Keep shooting Len, and trust that there are a number of folks
who tune in for the entertainment. On an average you do pretty
good, but now and then you have a *really* fine day, and those
are priceless!

Send money then.

I AM a professional. :-)

[I never said anything about weekends... :-) ]

Beep, beep

LHA

Old August 10th 03, 12:13 PM
Brian

Mike Coslo wrote in message ...
Dick Carroll; wrote:

leaky fawecettes wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Just practicing one of the the new Q signals....

- Mike KB3EIA -

Another guy in here thinks the end of CW spells
the complete end of ham radio.....how utterly
pathetic...

Yeah, "leaker" you sure are. You can't getit straight, either. Nothing will "end" han
radio, at least not in any short time, just make it realtively useless.

And how exactly can he read that from my little joke anyhow, Dick? It
had nothing to do with CW at all.

- Mike KB3EIA -

DICK's mind is always in the gutter. ;^)