Old September 14th 03, 03:33 AM
Jim Hampton

Default Cw Contest, NCI members pse ignore.

As a member of NCI, I have used land-line Morse as well as international
Morse. You wouldn't understand. It's a ham radio thing.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

"shephed" wrote in message
If your not a retarded mouth breeding NCI member, there is a CW contest
going one right now.

If you are a retarded mouth breeding NCI member, then never mind, it's a

Ham
Radio thing. You would not understand.

10-73's!

---

Old September 14th 03, 02:05 PM
Bert Craig

"Jim Hampton" wrote in message
As a member of NCI

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

Say it ain't so, Jim. ;-)

--
73 de Bert
WA2SI

Old September 14th 03, 02:12 PM
Brian

"shephed" wrote in message . ..
If your not a retarded mouth breeding NCI member, there is a CW contest
going one right now.

If you are a retarded mouth breeding NCI member, then never mind, it's a Ham
Radio thing. You would not understand.

10-73's!

Rev. Jim is going to chastise you for your dirty mouth. Oh, never
mind, it's a PCTA thing.
Old September 14th 03, 03:41 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Clint" rattlehead@computronDOTnet wrote in message
When I took my drivers test years ago to get a license
to drive an automobile, the never required me to
prove that I could hitch a horse team to a wagon.
The youngsters today, likewise, tell me that the
departments of motor vehicles around the country
do not ask them to prove they are proficient with
buggy whips.

Enough said.

Clint

The youngsters today still tell me that they must learn to use a pencil and
learn to write script. Typing and word processing are taught AFTER they
have learned to write manually. Enough said.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old September 14th 03, 04:45 PM
shephed

"Clint" rattlehead@computronDOTnet wrote in message
He's trying to blanket the topic anyway....
NCI isn't trying to stop or ban the use of morse
code on the airwaves, they simply understand that
the testing of morse code no longer falls within
the scope and original intent of ham radio.. which
is to keep the art of radio alive and expand it's use,
etc., and, well, logic there says that if morse code
is being abandoned left and right in the radio world
in favor of new means of communication, than you
you are no longer adhereing or supporting this
doctrine of ham radio.

Plus, the real reason the old buzzards want to keep
it around is simple but non well-founded.. "I did
it, so YOU should have to!"

Clint
KB5ZHT

Great job Clint!
You spoke the words exactly as written by Cpt. Carl. You would make a good
Liberal, you follow orders so well. You might want to call the DNC and see
if they could use your during the next election.

Good luck!

10-73's!

Old September 14th 03, 04:47 PM
shephed

"Clint" rattlehead@computronDOTnet wrote in message
When I took my drivers test years ago to get a license
to drive an automobile, the never required me to
prove that I could hitch a horse team to a wagon.
The youngsters today, likewise, tell me that the
departments of motor vehicles around the country
do not ask them to prove they are proficient with
buggy whips.

Enough said.

Clint

Clint my man, you scored again!
You must be Cpt. Carls right hand job man. You quote their Bible so well.

Don't look now, but Ted Kennedy likes the way you don't think for
yourself.....

10-73's!

Old September 14th 03, 11:18 PM
Clint

The youngsters today still tell me that they must learn to use a pencil

and
learn to write script. Typing and word processing are taught AFTER they
have learned to write manually. Enough said.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

yes, if we were talking about a degree in literature from a school or
college,
which we are not.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Old September 15th 03, 12:10 AM
Bill Sohl

"Clint" rattlehead@computronDOTnet wrote in message
LOL!

A good liberal? you have NO idea..... I'm as right wing
and conservative as they come... evidently you don't read
my other posts or in other NG's either, where i'm referred
to as the "jim birch devil"

Clint
KB5ZHT

They just don't get it (the PCTAs that is).

Ending morse testing should happen because there
is NO logical/rational reason for government to
continue mandating morse knowledge of all HF licensed
hams. Getting the government out of a "morse code affirmative
action program" by ending mandated morse is far more
a conservative concept than a liberal one.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

Old September 15th 03, 12:19 AM
Bill Sohl

"Dick Carroll" wrote in message

Clint wrote:

He's trying to blanket the topic anyway....
NCI isn't trying to stop or ban the use of morse
code on the airwaves, they simply understand that
the testing of morse code no longer falls within
the scope and original intent of ham radio.. which
is to keep the art of radio alive and expand it's use,

The operative phrase here is "expand its use", not diminish
it by refusing to learn the Most Basic Radiocommunications Mode.

It is NOT refusing to learn...it is simply allowing the
choice to be made by each individual. There is no
reason for everyone on HF to know morse as was
well shown by the lack of any credible reasons given to the
FCC in 98-143.

etc., and, well, logic there says that if morse code
is being abandoned left and right in the radio world
in favor of new means of communication,

When you finally get around to getting a radio that will actually
work on HF, take a listen to the lower end of any band and report
back what you find. Then you might want to 'accurize' that statemtent.

Let's see...a mix of morse and data. Your point?
The choice then, depending on what one wants to do,
is to learn and use morse IF they want to make those contacts.
If not, who cares? So what?

than you
you are no longer adhereing or supporting this
doctrine of ham radio.

And of course YOU and NCI are, to hear your story.

How is he or NCI not adhereing to the doctrine of ham
radio?

WRONG story, full of total inaccuracies which you have
no interest in correcting. Who do you suppose is involved
in 'advancing late digital modes'? CLUE: It's not Carl Stevenson,
Chief Executive of NCI, you see
he's too busy ratchetjawing on SSB now that he's finally found a
license that allows it!

Even if true, so what?

Plus, the real reason the old buzzards want to keep
it around is simple but non well-founded.. "I did
it, so YOU should have to!"

There is an unintended element of truth in what you say.

At least you admit it. that's some progress.

WE had to
learn radio's most basic mode, and there exists no good reason why
you shouldn't have to learn it also if you aspire to a full-privileges
ham raduio license.

BZZZT - WRONG!! The burden of proof was on you and other
PCTA's to justify exactly WHY hams should learn it. You failed
to do so during the 98-143 comment phase as is well
documented in the FCC's R&O for 98-143.

Even if I take your challenge at face value, the
simple answer is that the reason every HF shouldn't have to
learn morse is because there's no justifiable reason,
rational or need for it.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK