Old September 27th 03, 01:21 AM
Mike Coslo

Leo wrote:

Technically, he may be able to pass the Extra without the need for
further study, but what would he do with it? He seems to be equally
contemptuous of conversing with people, which is a requirement to
enjoy the hobby.....

For some reason, this reminds me of the old joke by Rodney Dangerfield
where he notes that when he was a kid, his parents tied a porkchop
around his neck so that the dog would play with him. 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old September 27th 03, 01:25 AM
Leo

I remember that one! My favourite Dangerfield line is:

"I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster
and a radio."

73, Leo

Old September 27th 03, 01:27 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
t...
Leo wrote:

Technically, he may be able to pass the Extra without the need for
further study, but what would he do with it? He seems to be equally
contemptuous of conversing with people, which is a requirement to
enjoy the hobby.....

For some reason, this reminds me of the old joke by Rodney Dangerfield
where he notes that when he was a kid, his parents tied a porkchop
around his neck so that the dog would play with him. 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

I suspect that joke predates Rodney.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old September 27th 03, 02:34 AM
N2EY

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Technically, he may be able to pass the Extra without the need for
further study,

I doubt that. The Extra still requires a 5 wpm code test. ;-)

but what would he do with it? He seems to be equally
contemptuous of conversing with people, which is a requirement to
enjoy the hobby.....

Perhaps he is enjoying what he does here.

For some reason, this reminds me of the old joke by Rodney Dangerfield
where he notes that when he was a kid, his parents tied a porkchop
around his neck so that the dog would play with him. 8^)

HAW!

For some reason I am reminded of an unknown comedian who used to talk about how
bad his mother's cooking was:

"We had the only dog in the neighborhood that would beg at the table for
Bromo-Seltzer"

"In summer, there were usually bugs on the screen door to the kitchen. But our
bugs were on the inside, trying to get out!"

"I was 14 before I realized that pudding wasn't supposed to have bones in it"

Then there are the lightbulb jokes and the yomama jokes.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old September 28th 03, 02:24 PM
Clint

In between which lie he spoke, that I posted
poof of, did you see this?

I admire you and those like you who can twist
thier perception of the world to something that
they find peace with so easily.

Doesn't tend to do one's health much good though
when your heading full speed a head down a
dead end alley.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Get in touch with your soul: www.glennbeck.com
OR, if you're a liberal, maybe you can FIND one

--
"Dick Carroll" wrote in message

Leo wrote:

LOL !

What in hell are you trying to say? Sabotage what position? Please
get someone to translate my posts into whatever it is that you speak,
then reply! Duh...

Leo

PS - while we're on the subject of spelling errors, I noticed this one
in your post below:

Rebuttles? Try 'rebuttals' next time

Leo I do believe you've done a fair job of putting both Clint and
Lennie on their rebuttles!

Old September 28th 03, 03:50 PM
Leo

The response to which, (where the 'lie' was quite obviously an error ,
and apologized for) I can only assume, you never read......?

You might want to check out "Hooked On Phonics", Clint - it might help
you through the bigger words!

30, Leo

Old September 30th 03, 01:39 PM
Brian

Leo wrote in message . ..
LOL !

What in hell are you trying to say? Sabotage what position? Please
get someone to translate my posts into whatever it is that you speak,
then reply! Duh...

Leo

PS - while we're on the subject of spelling errors, I noticed this one
in your post below:

Rebuttles? Try 'rebuttals' next time

Whoops, them thar's one of yer Pot / Black sceen-arios, I reckon!

And so it goes.

It would appear that you've run out of steam again.