Old September 23rd 03, 03:21 AM
Clint

WHOA, PUTZBREATH!

Leo, an obvious PCTA, said this in a previous thread.. and I quote..

"Not intellectual enough to make his
point by rational arguement, he resorts to name calling and other
juvenile tactics to 'get his way'. "

oops.

A PCTA just did that, not a NCTA type.

Add "hypocrisy" to the list of the PCTA flaws in tactics and
debate skills.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Old September 23rd 03, 03:50 AM
Leo

How so? I have never stated my position one way or the other with
respect to mandatory Morse testing. I have stated that I did get my 5
WPM to get on to HF because I had to by law, and that using it for
QSOs is beginning to grow on me. That doesn't mean that I think
everyone should have to do it!

So, does that make me pro or con, for mandatory testing? Where's the
obvious? Hmmm - there's that old reading comprehension problem
again....

I think that you just like to stir things up, Sir - your diatribes
appear to serve no other useful purpose. Of course you are aware that
the future of Morse testing will be decided at the government level,
by committees of civilized people - and not within this group. As
such, your energies and passionate rants are for nought, as they will
not sway the decision makers one bit. Like complaining with the guys
on the loading dock about the boss - won't change anything, but I bet
that would make someone one feel more important and in control, huh?
(know the feeling?)

Leo

Old September 25th 03, 09:51 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

Leo wrote in message . ..

How so? I have never stated my position one way or the other with
respect to mandatory Morse testing. I have stated that I did get my 5
WPM to get on to HF because I had to by law, and that using it for
QSOs is beginning to grow on me. That doesn't mean that I think
everyone should have to do it!

Unfortunately, that makes no difference in THIS forum, Leo.

I've expressed not only "tolerence" of NCT's, but have praised
the accomplishments of most of the one's I know, but Lennie, Brain and
a few others always ignore those. It ruins thier rants.

Any opportunity for them to cite "HYPOCRITE" and thereby APPEAR
to be "defending" themselves from some percieved onslaught is never
missed.

As a BIG example, Larry Roll, who is adamantly "pro-code", has
posted countless items on his DIGITAL activities, yet Lennie and his
minions want yo0u (and other countelss faceless readers) to believe
that he's still banging out Code with a Model T spark coil
transmitter.

So, does that make me pro or con, for mandatory testing? Where's the
obvious? Hmmm - there's that old reading comprehension problem
again....

Yes..."reading comprehension" is a problem in this forum.

I think that you just like to stir things up, Sir - your diatribes
appear to serve no other useful purpose. Of course you are aware that
the future of Morse testing will be decided at the government level,
by committees of civilized people - and not within this group. As
such, your energies and passionate rants are for nought, as they will
not sway the decision makers one bit. Like complaining with the guys
on the loading dock about the boss - won't change anything, but I bet
that would make someone one feel more important and in control, huh?
(know the feeling?)

Myself and two or three others have, in times past, tried to
"organize" collective voices on certain REAL policy issues, but they
are always thwarted by Lennie, Brain, and a handful of others who
invariably manage to make almost every post here about the Code issue.

It's really sad in many ways, becasue we have a truly remarkable
opportunity of our own at our disposal, yet a very narrowminded few
would rather just spit and snarl about perceived "wrongs" rather than
truly move forward.

C'est le vie.

73

Steve, K4YZ

dot net wrote:

WHOA, PUTZBREATH!

Leo, an obvious PCTA, said this in a previous thread.. and I quote..

"Not intellectual enough to make his
point by rational arguement, he resorts to name calling and other
juvenile tactics to 'get his way'. "

oops.

A PCTA just did that, not a NCTA type.

Add "hypocrisy" to the list of the PCTA flaws in tactics and
debate skills.

Clint, there's nothing here to debate. Nothing.
Old September 24th 03, 10:42 PM
Len Over 21

In article , "Clint" rattlehead at
computron dot net writes:

WHOA, PUTZBREATH!

Leo, an obvious PCTA, said this in a previous thread.. and I quote..

"Not intellectual enough to make his
point by rational arguement, he resorts to name calling and other
juvenile tactics to 'get his way'. "

oops.

A PCTA just did that, not a NCTA type.

Add "hypocrisy" to the list of the PCTA flaws in tactics and
debate skills.

Clint, you have to consider the ANONYMITY of this mighty, opinionated
nobody.

He (or she) hasn't the courage of their conviction to releal their identity.

Old September 25th 03, 12:29 AM
Clint

Clint, you have to consider the ANONYMITY of this mighty, opinionated
nobody.

He (or she) hasn't the courage of their conviction to releal their

identity.

And i'm telling you, guy, you can BET on this.... he's just a friend of some
sort
to one of the PCTA's who has asked him to jump in here on thier behalf and
appear as hypothetical observer. I've seen this tactic before. You have to
consider how hypocritical HE is (attacking our syntax and grammer, while
not saying a THING about the PCTA group's choice of words or
grammer).

But that's just fine. I don't mind debating with him either, it's even
EASIER
to beat for this reason because his heart and mind aren't really into it...
and if he ISN'T a ham, then it'll show through eventually but i'd hazard the
guess that long before it gets to that point you'll mysteriously see him
*vanish*.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Old September 25th 03, 09:57 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

"Clint" rattlehead at computron dot net wrote in message ...

[...]

Ahhhhhhh....I see. "...even EASIER to beat..."

I think that sums up most of the posts here, even those of
persons who feign "superiority-by-virtue-of-enlightenment" such as
Clint.

Practical experience dictates otherwise, but hey...When it COMES
to facts and practical expereience, that's where the Lennie Crowd
suffer the most.

Steve, K4YZ
Old September 25th 03, 11:54 PM
Clint

I think that sums up most of the posts here, even those of
persons who feign "superiority-by-virtue-of-enlightenment" such as
Clint.

ah, I don't claim such, as i'll leave "enlightenment" up to left wing
liberals in government that have absolutely no clue about the world
outside of lecture halls, government buildings and lawyer's offices.

I only take the facts as they are and deduce a conclusion, rather
than take a passion-filled idea intermixed with rage against
opposition and launch a scathing attack devoid of everything
necessary to warrant a good debate and argument to back up
one's claims.

Practical experience dictates otherwise, but hey...When it COMES
to facts and practical expereience, that's where the Lennie Crowd
suffer the most.

Steve, K4YZ

learn to spell "E X P E R E I E N C E" (your spelling) first and then your
credibility to pass judgement on other people will hold more water.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Old September 26th 03, 01:09 AM
Arnie Macy

"Clint" wrote in part ...

I only take the facts as they are and deduce a conclusion, rather than take
a passion-filled idea intermixed with rage against opposition and launch a
scathing attack devoid of everything necessary to warrant a good debate and
argument to back up one's claims.

Excellent position, Clint. With that in mind, let's do some fact vs fiction
debate.

On September 5, 2003 the Dakota Division Director released these survey
results:

"Division members are divided on the Entry level license with slightly more
of those replying saying that Morse Code should not be required for access
to HF. That changes as as we move to General and Extra. Nearly 70% say
there should be a Morse requirement for Extra Class licensees."

This is very close to my position on Morse testing. I believe that some HF
privileges on all bands should be granted to amateurs upon entry into the
ARS, and that CW testing should be required for the higher licenses, General
and Extra. It would seem that this survey in the Dakota Division indicates
(as I have stated many times) that a majority of hams are not strictly
against code testing -- 70% seem to think that there should be some testing
for the highest class of license.

Add to this the fact that CW is the second most popular mode in the ARS and
that groups like "FISTS" have nearly doubled in size *since* restructuring,
and I think the picture becomes clear. The support for the NCTA is not as
strong as their advocates would have us believe.

Arnie -
KT4ST

Old September 30th 03, 11:03 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

"Clint" rattlehead at computron dot net wrote in message ...
I think that sums up most of the posts here, even those of
persons who feign "superiority-by-virtue-of-enlightenment" such as
Clint.

ah, I don't claim such, as i'll leave "enlightenment" up to left wing
liberals in government that have absolutely no clue about the world
outside of lecture halls, government buildings and lawyer's offices.

Or Amateur Radio beyond getting as much as possible for as little
as possible invested...

I only take the facts as they are and deduce a conclusion, rather
than take a passion-filled idea intermixed with rage against
opposition and launch a scathing attack devoid of everything
necessary to warrant a good debate and argument to back up
one's claims.

No "scathing attacks" or "passion-filled" ideas here, Clint.

My tit-for-tat with Lennie and Brain is based solely upon what
THEY supply. I don't need to make any of it up.

You're getting there.

Practical experience dictates otherwise, but hey...When it COMES
to facts and practical expereience, that's where the Lennie Crowd
suffer the most.

Steve, K4YZ

learn to spell "E X P E R E I E N C E" (your spelling) first and then your
credibility to pass judgement on other people will hold more water.

Ahhhhh...I seeeeeeee...."passion filled" only applies to those
who find themselves in Clint's crosshairs.

Taking Lennie's "If Ya Can't Beat Them, Correct Their Spelling
Errors" tangent, I see.

If I spell it "ekspyryance" the facts are still such that
Lennie's a liar, Brain says the liar is his mentor, and now you want
to join them...

What does that say about you, Clint?

Just curious.

Steve, K4YZ