Old September 30th 03, 09:36 PM
Mike Coslo

Leo wrote:
Hmmm - gotta admit, that's the first time I've heard that suggestion!

This calls for a couple more! 8^p

"Half the game is 90% mental"
"This is like deja vu all over again"

For the future of the ARS:

"If you come to a fork in the road take it."

And to paraphrase:

"No one uses CW any more. The allocations are too crowded"

He the man!

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old September 30th 03, 09:42 PM
Leo

Mike,

Was that allocations, or allegations ....? :*0

73, Leo

snip

Old September 30th 03, 11:45 PM
Mike Coslo

Brian wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote in message ...

Carl R. Stevenson wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

some snippage

Agreed, Carl. I suspect that by the end of this sad tale, many amateurs
will think much better of the NTIA. Rather than mass emails, right now
an interesting and very good experiment might be to do a little HF
direction finding.Trace the "mystery signals" to their source. Write it
up in a reasonably good fashion, and it might make for some more damning
evidence against BPL.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Mike,

You don't have to DF ... you can clearly tell just by listening when
you're approaching, in, and leaving the BPL area ... and you can
see the couplers they use to get the signal around the transformers.

I agree that it wouldn't be a difficult thing to find. I just think
that if an amateur or group were to take an approach that didn't start
out "I can hear the BPL intereference 60 miles away", it might have more
impact.

Something like " On such and such date, a strong interference showed up
on such and such bands. As the interference did not do away, a local
group of amateurs and myself decided to trace the interference to it's
source.

Then an outline of the DF method, and finally decribing the cause after
finding it.

The point is that if people can easily trace out the interference from
far away, it hammers home that it isn't really a local problem.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Don't forget the 8X10 glossies with circles and arrows.

We use Power point now.......

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old October 1st 03, 02:49 PM
Brian

Mike Coslo wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote in message ...

Carl R. Stevenson wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

[...]

I thought you liked doing things the old-fashioned way, like eating at
Alice's restuarant.
Old October 1st 03, 03:58 PM
Mike Coslo

Brian wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote in message ...

snippage

We use Power point now.......

- Mike KB3EIA -

I thought you liked doing things the old-fashioned way, like eating at
Alice's restuarant.

Dunno where you got that Brian! I'm a thoroughly modern Millie.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old October 2nd 03, 02:58 AM
Jim Hampton

It isn't about sharing, it's about letting unlicensed stations rule HF.
This will affect other services and that is when the goo will hit the
blades. FM broadcasting, for instance. AM broadcasting will likely be
affected, especially those stations experimenting with digital stereo AM
broadcasting. You, like so many others, seem to think it is all about the
hams (gee, my washing machine is over-sudsing. Must be that ham down the
street). The problem is that if BPL becomes widespread, you will have
reception problems everywhere. How will the FCC ever get anyone to certify
their computers, radios, televisions, copiers, and so on, when the open air
test sites will *not* be able to tell if equipments meets FCC requirements
due to all of that garbage everywhere. OATS sites test for radiated signals
in upper HF through UHF and the whole HF range plus part of VHF will be
buried in noise. Oh, I forgot. Ship all the testing to China. Makes
sense.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

"WA8ULX" wrote in message
(WA8ULX) poked his head
out of the killfile somehow to stir the pot with the following
negativity:

You just couldnt stand not hearing from me.

One question, though - would it be too much to ask for you to perhaps
get on board with the rest of the Amateur community and work with us
to fight this issue?

Im not against the ISSUE, I think its a good move for the common man. If

Ham
Radio cant figure out how to live with sharing, and Modern Improved

Technology,
then HAM RADIO most go.

As an alternative, could I respectfully suggest that you transition to
your replacement hobby early - we've heard as much whining and
negativity as should be expected for the average group of humans to
endure....

Well Im already involved in other things, but, I will hang around to see

the
final Demise of HAM RADIO

---