Old December 13th 03, 07:54 PM
Lancer

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 17:33:25 -0500, "Kee Low Cycle"
wrote:

"JJ" wrote in message
Jose wrote:

You should really self-examine the hatred in your heart, especially
during this festive of seasons. Alfa-Tango International is the
licensing authority.

And it has no authority other than what it self subscribes. The FCC is
the only authority that can issue licenses to use the radio spectrum in
the U.S. and other countries have their own license structure.
Alfa-Tango International has no authority to issue licenses for any use
of the radio spectrum. It is just more "freeband" nonsense, and there is
no "freeband" in the U.S. as those frequencies you use as a "freeband"
are allocated to other services who have ligitimate licenses to use
those frequencies. You ATI license isn't worth the paper it is written
on and carries no authority whatsoever.

BBZZZZZZZZZT! Wrong answer Goofy.

And you just opened your No-Code Tech mouth and inserted your fat
foot into it. Although ATI is not recognized by the American FCC,
ATI is recognized by several foreign governments, especially in
South America & Central America. Go back to helping Ox chase
trucks. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Recognized as what? Which foreign goverments?
Old December 13th 03, 08:05 PM
JJ

Lancer wrote:

And you just opened your No-Code Tech mouth and inserted your fat
foot into it. Although ATI is not recognized by the American FCC,
ATI is recognized by several foreign governments, especially in
South America & Central America. Go back to helping Ox chase
trucks. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Recognized as what? Which foreign goverments?

I ask basicly the same thing, which foreign countries, and to provide
documented proof that those foreign countries recognized those
"licenses", so far nothing from mr. kreep low cycle (just more cb
bluster). The ATI is just an international club and any "license/call
signs" issued carries no more authority to transmit on any frequency
then if the ARRL issued licenses.

Old December 13th 03, 09:51 PM
Dee D. Flint

"JEP" wrote in message
m...
I don't like ARRL because:

1) Membership price too high

Really?? Many local clubs charge anywhere from $20 to $30 and can't do a
whole lot for their members except maintain the local repeater.

2) Can't separate QST from membership

Why would you want to?

3) QST only counts as $15 of the $39 membership fee

Actually you are lucky that it counts as little as that. These days typical
magazines generally cost $3 to $4 an issue so they must be getting a good
break on the publishing.

4) Incentive licensing from the 60's

That was the FCC's idea not the ARRL's.

5) Ham radio is a dying hobby

There are more hams than ever before in history.

6) 5wpm Extras

So what. The very earliest requirements for licensing hams were, guess
what, 5wpm.

7) No value given for the money invested

Let's see. Ham radio would have remained closed after WWI if not for the
ARRL. They have managed to expand our HF and VHF frequencies. Battled,
athough sometimes unsuccessfully, to preserve our allocations. Have
lobbying power in Washinton. Convinced the FCC to come up with what is now
PRB-1, which gives hams some protection from restrictive city ordinances on
antenna height. They are now fighting BPL, which will tear up our HF bands
if implemented, and they are working on a bill in Congress to give hams
protection from restrictive covenants.

You have and will continue to benefit from the ARRL's work, all without
having contributed a dime.

8) No accountability of the board and Executive staff

They are accountable to the membership. Any member can challenge them. Any
member can get involved, run for a position, and work to change things.

9) Really doesn't represent the majority of hams (majority don't
belong)

That is not the ARRL's fault. They keep trying to recruit. That majority
of hams that don't belong don't belong to any other organization either nor
do they attempt to form an alternate organization.

10) Really no different than 'NRA', 'AARP', 'NAACP'. Take your money
and use it for their own agenda, NOT yours!

The agenda is set by the MEMBERS. Any time the MEMBERS do not like the
policies they can elect new officials. The agenda is based on what members
decide to push.

That is enough for a start.

Sorry to see '73' and Wayne Green exit publishing.
Sorry to see 'Ham Radio' exit publishing.

ex ARRL member

You obviously expected the ARRL to ignore all the other member's preferences
and expected them to have an agenda 100% tailored to your wants and
expectations. That doesn't happen in any organization. If you want them to
change, you have to get in there and work hard to get into the thick of the
action. Sitting on the sidelines and criticizing doesn't accomplish
anything.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old December 13th 03, 09:54 PM
JJ

JEP wrote:

2) Can't separate QST from membership

Check your local newstand or magazine rack in stores, many carry QST.
You can purchase it without membership, or check you local library, they
may carry it and you can read it for free.

Old December 13th 03, 09:57 PM
Radioman

JEP wrote:

I don't like ARRL because:

1) Membership price too high
2) Can't separate QST from membership
3) QST only counts as $15 of the $39 membership fee
4) Incentive licensing from the 60's
5) Ham radio is a dying hobby
6) 5wpm Extras
7) No value given for the money invested
8) No accountability of the board and Executive staff
9) Really doesn't represent the majority of hams (majority don't
belong)
10) Really no different than 'NRA', 'AARP', 'NAACP'. Take your money
and use it for their own agenda, NOT yours!

That is enough for a start.

Sorry to see '73' and Wayne Green exit publishing.
Sorry to see 'Ham Radio' exit publishing.

ex ARRL member

Don't tell us. Send it to:

Old December 13th 03, 11:22 PM
garigue

"JEP" wrote in message
m...
I don't like ARRL because:

1) Membership price too high
2) Can't separate QST from membership
3) QST only counts as $15 of the $39 membership fee
4) Incentive licensing from the 60's
5) Ham radio is a dying hobby
6) 5wpm Extras
7) No value given for the money invested
8) No accountability of the board and Executive staff
9) Really doesn't represent the majority of hams (majority don't
belong)
10) Really no different than 'NRA', 'AARP', 'NAACP'. Take your money
and use it for their own agenda, NOT yours!

That is enough for a start.

Sorry to see '73' and Wayne Green exit publishing.
Sorry to see 'Ham Radio' exit publishing.

ex ARRL member

Shouldda added "and a cheap whiner" after member. I am not going to waste
space replying to each of the above as that would mean that there was some
merit or better yet thought there. I run into the same rants from many of
the other organizations I belong to when it comes to membership and dues.
These people spout off their big mouths which have no shortage of hot air
....but part with a buck or two ....Katie bar the door .... I can take and
listen to criticism regarding any organization if the person was a member
and not a sap sucking leach-parasite. And yet the ARRL is for all hams.
Show me an organization anywhere that operates without funds and I'll show
you one that the few work their collective asses off for the benefit of the
remainder of the membership i.e. the parasites. So I guess ham radio should
collectively ask these tight-wad, freebie seeking, selfish, greedy and
non-sharing hams ......WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY ????.....expect moan
about crap that went under the bridge a long time ago, squeezing that nickel
till the Buffalo defecates and hide behind some initial name in the
newsgroup.

Take care, don't share and keep on spewing hot air ...

73 KI3R Tom Popovic Belle Vernon Pa

Old December 14th 03, 12:01 AM
Clint

"Louis C. LeVine" wrote in message
om...
This came from another radio group. They are doing a survey to find
out why some people do not like the ARRL. I don't like it because it
costs to much. If it were $10 a year I might consider joining.
Louis

I don't like them because the head bosses see themselves as self-appointed
gods of ham radio.... at least at one point in time they were trying to get
the FCC to hand over authority of the ham radio spectrum to them
entirely.

Clint

Old December 14th 03, 01:19 AM
garigue

Hello Clint ....

Well the FCC handed over testing to VEC groups and we all know how the milk
of human honesty flows with that decision. Maybe if the ARRL did have
control of the "ham" spectrum we wouldn't be concerned about protecting our
turf from other interests. It is sort of ironic that the ARRL is becoming
in some way like the NRA in that it is soliciting monies to protect the
"bailiwick"

Ham radio Gods??? No more than the FCC is at present and I think I would
take Newington over Washington to give me more of a radio bang for my buck
.... albeit neither is perfect.

God Bless 73 KI3R Tom Popovic Belle Vernon Pa

"Clint" rattlehead at computron dot net wrote in message

"Louis C. LeVine" wrote in message
om...
This came from another radio group. They are doing a survey to find
out why some people do not like the ARRL. I don't like it because it
costs to much. If it were $10 a year I might consider joining.
Louis

Yepper Louis and if a Corvette were 10K I'd have one in my garage now ...
73 KI3R