Old January 8th 04, 01:05 AM
KØHB

"Bert Craig" wrote

I feel for the poor slob who finally breaks
down and buys a '7800 just before the '7800
Pro or Pro II comes out.

First of all, I don't think he'd be poor, and why are you calling me a slob?

I'm placing my order.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old January 8th 04, 01:13 AM
Bert Craig

"KØHB" wrote in message
link.net...

"Bert Craig" wrote

I feel for the poor slob who finally breaks
down and buys a '7800 just before the '7800
Pro or Pro II comes out.

First of all, I don't think he'd be poor, and why are you calling me a

slob?

I'm placing my order.

73, de Hans, K0HB

I stand corrected, Hans...and still lol. ;-)

73 de Bert
WA2SI

Old January 8th 04, 04:57 AM
Dave Heil

Bert Craig wrote:

"Dave Heil" wrote in message
"Steven R. Adell - KF2TI" wrote:

In article ,
says...
"KØHB" wrote in message

thlink.net...
I'm in love.....

http://www.icom.co.jp/world/products...7800/index.htm

....or maybe in lust.

Wowee!

I Like Ike(com)!

And a Wowee price $9995.00 (discounted) KJI Electronics

I'll just keep slogging along with my ancient Orion. For the price of a
'7800, I could own three Orions.

Dave K8MN

I believe that's the beauty of the Orion, it's never "ancient." The latest
upgrade is just a download away. I feel for the poor slob who finally breaks
down and buys a '7800 just before the '7800 Pro or Pro II comes out.

TT just keeps making it better and better. The rig is now about eight
months old and I've downloaded about ten firmware releases in that time.

Dave K8MN
Old January 8th 04, 05:06 AM
Dave Heil

"KØHB" wrote:

"Bert Craig" wrote

I feel for the poor slob who finally breaks
down and buys a '7800 just before the '7800
Pro or Pro II comes out.

First of all, I don't think he'd be poor, and why are you calling me a slob?

I'm placing my order.

*Free Advice*

*No strings attached*

*Absolutely FREE*

Call Ten-Tec and have 'em ship you an Orion. If you don't fall in love
with it within the first thirty days, return it for a full refund (less
shipping charges). You can buy a fancy new four-wheeler with the extra
change you'd spend on the '7800.

Dave K8MN
Old January 8th 04, 09:41 AM
Bert Craig

"Dave Heil" wrote in message
"KØHB" wrote:

"Bert Craig" wrote

I feel for the poor slob who finally breaks
down and buys a '7800 just before the '7800
Pro or Pro II comes out.

First of all, I don't think he'd be poor, and why are you calling me a

slob?

I'm placing my order.

*Free Advice*

*No strings attached*

*Absolutely FREE*

Call Ten-Tec and have 'em ship you an Orion. If you don't fall in love
with it within the first thirty days, return it for a full refund (less
shipping charges). You can buy a fancy new four-wheeler with the extra
change you'd spend on the '7800.

Dave K8MN

Not to mention, support a product made in the USA.

73 de Bert
WA2SI

Old January 8th 04, 03:17 PM
KØHB

"Bert Craig" wrote

Not to mention, support a product made in the USA.

Ya mean like an AMC Gremlin, or an MFJ (anything they make), or Budweiser
beer?

I'll do my part for the hillbilly economy and support Jack Daniels. You and
Dave can support TenTec.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old January 8th 04, 05:48 PM
N2EY

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
I also like my real analog meter better than a digital
simulation.

My Southgate Type 7 has *two* real analog meters. Nice
easy-to-read round 3-1/2 inch ones.

Also Made In USA.

73 de Jim, N2EY