Old January 8th 04, 01:05 AM
KØHB

"Bert Craig" wrote

I feel for the poor slob who finally breaks
down and buys a '7800 just before the '7800
Pro or Pro II comes out.

First of all, I don't think he'd be poor, and why are you calling me a slob?

I'm placing my order.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old January 8th 04, 01:13 AM
Bert Craig

"KØHB" wrote in message
link.net...

"Bert Craig" wrote

I feel for the poor slob who finally breaks
down and buys a '7800 just before the '7800
Pro or Pro II comes out.

First of all, I don't think he'd be poor, and why are you calling me a

slob?

I'm placing my order.

73, de Hans, K0HB

I stand corrected, Hans...and still lol. ;-)

73 de Bert
WA2SI

Old January 8th 04, 05:06 AM
Dave Heil

"KØHB" wrote:

"Bert Craig" wrote

I feel for the poor slob who finally breaks
down and buys a '7800 just before the '7800
Pro or Pro II comes out.

First of all, I don't think he'd be poor, and why are you calling me a slob?

I'm placing my order.

*Free Advice*

*No strings attached*

*Absolutely FREE*

Call Ten-Tec and have 'em ship you an Orion. If you don't fall in love
with it within the first thirty days, return it for a full refund (less
shipping charges). You can buy a fancy new four-wheeler with the extra
change you'd spend on the '7800.

Dave K8MN
Old January 8th 04, 09:41 AM
Bert Craig

"Dave Heil" wrote in message
"KØHB" wrote:

"Bert Craig" wrote

I feel for the poor slob who finally breaks
down and buys a '7800 just before the '7800
Pro or Pro II comes out.

First of all, I don't think he'd be poor, and why are you calling me a

slob?

I'm placing my order.

*Free Advice*

*No strings attached*

*Absolutely FREE*

Call Ten-Tec and have 'em ship you an Orion. If you don't fall in love
with it within the first thirty days, return it for a full refund (less
shipping charges). You can buy a fancy new four-wheeler with the extra
change you'd spend on the '7800.

Dave K8MN

Not to mention, support a product made in the USA.

73 de Bert
WA2SI

Old January 8th 04, 03:17 PM
KØHB

"Bert Craig" wrote

Not to mention, support a product made in the USA.

Ya mean like an AMC Gremlin, or an MFJ (anything they make), or Budweiser
beer?

I'll do my part for the hillbilly economy and support Jack Daniels. You and
Dave can support TenTec.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old January 13th 04, 05:17 PM
Dave Heil

"KØHB" wrote:

"Bert Craig" wrote

Not to mention, support a product made in the USA.

Ya mean like an AMC Gremlin, or an MFJ (anything they make), or Budweiser
beer?

No, more like a Dodge Viper, a GE refrigerator or a Rolling Rock beer.

I'll do my part for the hillbilly economy and support Jack Daniels. You and
Dave can support TenTec.

I'm getting something which lasts and which produces no unpleasant after
effects. It also costs several magnitudes less than the '7800.

Dave K8MN (Don't feel obligated to use my callsign)
Old January 13th 04, 05:26 PM
Bert Craig

"Dave Heil" wrote in message
"KØHB" wrote:

"Bert Craig" wrote

Not to mention, support a product made in the USA.

Ya mean like an AMC Gremlin, or an MFJ (anything they make), or

Budweiser
beer?

No, more like a Dodge Viper, a GE refrigerator or a Rolling Rock beer.

Well said, Dave. On a more personal AR level...more like an Elecraft K2/100,
a Palstar AT1500C transmatch, and...oops, I don't drink. hihi

I'll do my part for the hillbilly economy and support Jack Daniels. You

and
Dave can support TenTec.

I'm getting something which lasts and which produces no unpleasant after
effects. It also costs several magnitudes less than the '7800.

Here here.

Old January 13th 04, 06:16 PM
KØHB

"Dave Heil" wrote

No, more like a Dodge Viper, a GE refrigerator or a Rolling Rock beer.

If you'd drink Rolling Rock beer, then you'd probably drive an AMC
Gremlin, wear a badge laden jumpsuit to a hamfest, and date Moms Mabley.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old January 13th 04, 06:25 PM
Dave Heil

"KØHB" wrote:

"Dave Heil" wrote

No, more like a Dodge Viper, a GE refrigerator or a Rolling Rock beer.

If you'd drink Rolling Rock beer, then you'd probably drive an AMC
Gremlin, wear a badge laden jumpsuit to a hamfest, and date Moms Mabley.

C'mon, Hans. They don't make Gremlins any longer, I've never parachuted
into the Dayton fleamarket and Moms Mabley has been dead for years.

In honesty, I did buy a Chevy Vega back in '73 (much to my regret), have
worn a navy blue, velvet cap with scrambled eggs on the bill and my call
embroidered on the front (a gift from old salt K3FK) and I once went out
with a female jailer from Savannah who kept talking about cuffs,
shackles and body slams.

Those things aside, the Orion is built in the U.S. and is one fine
transceiver.

Dave K8MN
Old January 17th 04, 03:21 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article t, "KØHB"
writes:

No, more like a Dodge Viper, a GE refrigerator or a Rolling Rock beer.

If you'd drink Rolling Rock beer, then you'd probably drive an AMC
Gremlin, wear a badge laden jumpsuit to a hamfest, and date Moms Mabley.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Hansl:

I drink Corona, drive an '03 Toyota Corolla LE, wear a pair of Dockers and a
pullover shirt to hamfests (no badges except my ARRL OBS Call Sign Badge), date
a single Mom not named "Mabley," and will probably never own an ICOM IC-7800
for the simple fact that with the 10 kilobucks I could buy an IC-746, a tower,
a big antenna farm, and lots of other stuff, and still have a chunk of change
left over! If I ever win the Powerball Lottery, I still don't know if I'd
invest in a 7800, although there would be little reason not to under those
circumstances!

73 de Larry, K3LT