Old June 23rd 04, 06:13 AM
Len Over 21

In article , (Steve
Robeson K4CAP) writes:

Subject: The Game's Afoot!
From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 6/22/2004 4:26 PM Central Standard Time

Change WILL happen. All the vile name-calling, angry
shouts and veiled threats won't stop it. Change can't be
stopped, but it can be steered, directed into new vectors
that are more navigable, better suited for the majority and
those yet to enter the activity.

Yes, it will.

Too bad it's happening despite you instead of with you, eh...????

Nursie be idiot. Still.

Idiot just doesn't understand my original purpose about amateur
radio policy. Nursie never will, too determined to FIGHT with
anyone who disagrees (even the slightest) with him. Tsk, tsk.

Those who want to FIGHT all the time just aren't right in the
head...aren't like average, normal folks. No "degree" or
pretty license document needed to see that.

Poor nursie. Never been involved with the larger world of radio,
only other amateurs and posturing, always FIGHTING. I've
been in the larger world of radio for half a century. Radio is not
a magical mystery to me nor is communications of any sort by
visual or audible means,

Despite your FIGHT-challenging Phrazors, no one needs to be
some kind of federal merit badge in amaterism to talk, discuss,
or consider laws and regulations on radio subjects. That sort of
demand is for weak-minded idiots who can't debate anything
requiring intellect above and beyond 16 neurons.

Nursie, you don't show any evidence of being able to intellectualize
a damn thing. You can be shown government documents defining
describing and detailing a radio service and you still REFUSE to
accept that. You call all who disagree with you for "liars." You
want to have physical confrontations with some who disagree with
you. In short, all you want to do in here is FIGHT. That's insane.

Get some help. Get some tranquilizers. Whatever. It's tiring to
come into this forum and finding you FIGHTING with others all the
time, talking crazy things. Nuts.

Old June 23rd 04, 09:17 AM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

From: (Len Over 21)
Date: 6/23/2004 12:13 AM Central Standard Time

Idiot just doesn't understand my original purpose about amateur
radio policy. Nursie never will, too determined to FIGHT with
anyone who disagrees (even the slightest) with him. Tsk, tsk.

I understand fine, Lennie.

You hate Amateur Radio and Amateur Radio licensees. That's blatantly
obvious.

Some Amateur made a fool out of you at some point in time (not that THAT
is hard to do...) and you are determined to antagonize the rest of us as long
as you can.

No problem. I understand fine.

Here's MY "purpose"...It's a proven fact that those who bark the loudest
or longest are usually the one's who get the most attention.

You have taken it upon yourself to try and discredit ANY contributions to
technology, public service, emergency communications or education and training
that Amateur Radio offers.

It's vile, repugnant, and untruthful.

As long as you deem it your "purpose" to do so, I will do MY best to
expose you for the antagonist and mistruthful putz that you are. It's not
fighting, Lennie. It's self defense.

It really is THAT simple.

Those who want to FIGHT all the time just aren't right in the
head...aren't like average, normal folks. No "degree" or
pretty license document needed to see that.

Then you're admitting you have a problem, Lennie?

You're up to YOUR neck in fighting. You intentionally harass a group of
people involved in a practice that you clearly have no vested interest in nor
do you have anything constructive to offer.

Poor nursie. Never been involved with the larger world of radio,
only other amateurs and posturing, always FIGHTING. I've
been in the larger world of radio for half a century. Radio is not
a magical mystery to me nor is communications of any sort by
visual or audible means.

Seems to me you're the one who brought the fight in, Lennie.

You were offered SEVERAL apologies and offers to move on, but your answers
were clearly designed to simply perpetuate an argument.

You have nothing to offer. Never did...never will...Your only "argument"
is that other radio services don't use Morse Code, ergo Amateur Radio should
not.

Proof once again that you dont understand a lot of what Amateur Radio is
about.

But that's just par for the course.

Despite your FIGHT-challenging Phrazors, no one needs to be
some kind of federal merit badge in amaterism to talk, discuss,
or consider laws and regulations on radio subjects. That sort of
demand is for weak-minded idiots who can't debate anything
requiring intellect above and beyond 16 neurons.

The difference here, Lennie, is that I have experience in Amateur Radio.

You don't.

You are still determined to see that Amateur Radio heels to your barked
order despite having no real idea of what Amateur Radio is or what it's really
all about, save for what you read on websites.

Amateur Radio is NOT the "aerospace industry".

Amatuer Radio is NOT PLMRS, GMRS, FRS or MURS.

Amateur Radio is NOT military communications.

Amateur Radio is NOT "commercial" or "professional" communications.

I'd dare say that everyone else in this forum EXCEPT you knows those
things and accepts them, yet you keep trying to force Amateur Radio into one of
those molds.

It won't work.

Nursie, you don't show any evidence of being able to intellectualize
a damn thing. You can be shown government documents defining
describing and detailing a radio service and you still REFUSE to
accept that. You call all who disagree with you for "liars." You
want to have physical confrontations with some who disagree with
you. In short, all you want to do in here is FIGHT. That's insane.

The only thing here "insane", Lennie, is your refusal to act your age.
And that's considerable.

I already acknowledged the enabling directives of MARS. They are not in
question. YOU are the idiot for trying to argue that they are.

MARS, without the thousands of volunteer Amateurs who man it, would not be
able to carry out those duties those directives require. Period. Only a major
manpower restructuring in the Armed Forces would allow it, and under present
circumstances, that is highly unlikely.

And I don't need to "intellectualize" anything.

(Nice touch, byt the way, Lennie...lamenting my allegedged inability to
"intellectualize" with yet more profanity...THAT was truly "intellectual")

As for being a liar, Lennie, if you would tell the truth and stop your
antgonistic constructs, I wouldn't have anything to work with.

You have been repeatedly caught not telling the truth.

You make accusations and assertions you cannot/will not substantiate.

You assert that you intend to do things, but then never do them.

Get some help. Get some tranquilizers. Whatever. It's tiring to
come into this forum and finding you FIGHTING with others all the
time, talking crazy things. Nuts.

Then stop posting obviously inflammatory, profane, obnoxious and incorrect
stuff, Lennie.

We don't care how well you can candy coat your rants with cut-and-pastes
from other websites. Life DOES exist outside of websites, although you seem to
insist that if it's "on the website", that's the end of it. How foolish.

We don't care about how many messages you watched flash across the
teleprinter in 1953, or how many jobs you held. We don't care about some
articles you had published in a magazine that failed, nor do we care about your
manufactured experiences in aviation or emergency communications.

You have zero-point-zero experience in Amateur Radio. None.

You accuse ME of doing nothing but "fighting", yet name calling,
accusations and harrassment is ALL you have rendered up, even to those who
treat you with respect or patience.

Sorry you can't be happy, Lennie.

Steve, K4YZ

Old June 23rd 04, 08:40 PM
Len Over 21

In article , (Steve

From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 6/23/2004 12:13 AM Central Standard Time

Idiot just doesn't understand my original purpose about amateur
radio policy. Nursie never will, too determined to FIGHT with
anyone who disagrees (even the slightest) with him. Tsk, tsk.

I understand fine, Lennie.

Nursie not understand.

You hate Amateur Radio and Amateur Radio licensees. That's blatantly
obvious.

No. Amateur radio is a fine hobby, interesting, a fine recreation
with great technological learning capabilities.

Except to a few, such as nursie.

Nursie does NOT "represent" all or even a part of United States
amateur radio. Nursie only represent himself. Nursie is also
obsessive-compulsive personality hater unable to control himself
in here when opposed by anyone.

Some Amateur made a fool out of you at some point in time (not that THAT
is hard to do...) and you are determined to antagonize the rest of us as long
as you can.

I do not "antagonize the rest of 'you'" unless the "rest" are just
alternate personalities of nursie.

I DO antagonize the conservative traditionalists, the status-quoists
who demand everything in a hobby conform to their personal
desires.

I DO antagonize those who have a compulsive disorder known
familiarly as "control freaks" who seek to dominate others by any
means possible. Those are simply wanna-be dictators.

No problem. I understand fine.

Nursie not have enough neurons to connect "understanding."

Nursie just wanna FIGHT.

Here's MY "purpose"...It's a proven fact that those who bark the loudest
or longest are usually the one's who get the most attention.

Nursie just wanna FIGHT. Nursie FIGHT anyone who have opposite
opinions of nursie's.

Bark, bark, bark, little nursie.

You have taken it upon yourself to try and discredit ANY contributions to
technology, public service, emergency communications or education and training
that Amateur Radio offers.

Praising Peter Martinez for innovating PSK31 isn't "discrediting."
An excellent adaptation of coding theory and hardware to produce
a minimal-bandwidth on-line teleprinting in the same bandspace
as manual telegraphy.

Praising Dan Tayloe for his novel mixer excellent for minimal-parts
DC receiver use isn't "discrediting." [patent is still pending but it
has been written up in industry journals - RF Design magazine]

Praising Mike Gingell for his polyphase network that enables
SSB generation-demodulation with excellent unwanted sideband
suppression using relatively coarse-tolerance components is not
"discrediting." [Mike Gingell earned a PhD for that work back in
the UK, now lives in the USA]

There is nothing at all "discrediting" about showing FANTASIES
to be fantasies of the imagination.

Nursieworld is full of fantasies.

Education in the radio arts is not accomplished by pretending that
amateur radio is some paramilitary service organization or that
memorizing the advertisements and radio reviews in QST is
"learning" what happens behind the front panels...or that amateur
radio "always comes to the rescue during emergencies when all
the other radio infrastructure 'fails.'"

It's vile, repugnant, and untruthful.

Living a life of fantasy is simply delusional. It serves no one, not
even the fantasy believer.

As long as you deem it your "purpose" to do so, I will do MY best to
expose you for the antagonist and mistruthful putz that you are.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Nursie back into name-calling mode, trying to "win"
newsgrope arguments by some kind of "show of force."

Every issue under discussion has many sides. One side, the one
nursie believes, is NOT divinely ordained to be only the True one.
Sad for nursie, but true.

Nursie abhors opposition, wants to dominate, wants to win at all
costs, wants to FIGHT.

United States amateur radio is not a military organization whose
purpose is to fight for the country.

United States amateur radio is a non-pecuniary avocational activity
involving radio. It is a hobby, an enjoyable hobby for most
participants...but a substitute military service for a very few such
as nursie.

It's not fighting, Lennie. It's self defense.

Nursie only FIGHTING for his own twisted ego.

It really is THAT simple.

True, except nursie no see own obsessive-compulsive behavior
syndrome.

Those who want to FIGHT all the time just aren't right in the
head...aren't like average, normal folks. No "degree" or
pretty license document needed to see that.

Then you're admitting you have a problem, Lennie?

No "problem" here except nursie wasting everyone's time by
pretending to be a "representative" of U.S. amateur radio and
"defending it" against all nursie-perceived "enemies of the
state." Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Nursie on bad route to self-righteousness. Very bumpy for
nursie, hope she is wearing an athletic bra for safety...

You're up to YOUR neck in fighting.

...by entering this newsgroup, EVERYONE enters an arena of
outraged PCTAs busy trying to preserve the honor and glory of
a soon-to-be DEFUNCT communications mode. It is a FIGHT
arena inhabited by punch-drunk olde-fahrts thinking they are
all Rocky running up the museum steps to stirring music. :-)

Nursie be outraged, very bent out of shape when encountering
strong personalities who don't agree with him/her. Poor nursie.
Nursie go to signpost, point to Twilight Zone and say he/she is
representing all amateurs, therefore any opposition to nursie be
dishonor, discredit, evil, wicked, mean, and nasty to every
single 700+ thousand U.S. amateur radio licensees!

Nursie got bad, bad obsessive-compulsive disorder. Must be
post-traumatic stress disorder from all those "hostile actions"
in the service. Nursie is nuts.

You intentionally harass a group of
people involved in a practice that you clearly have no vested interest in nor
do you have anything constructive to offer.

Poor nursie, still bent out of shape.

Nursie not playing well with others.

Typical traditionalist-conservative status-quoists with an ego complex
larger than Cheyenne Mountain. They not understand that amateur
radio cannot remain in the shape it was when all those olde-fahrts
were young. OFs out of shape but pretending they are still young.

Seems to me you're the one who brought the fight in, Lennie.

Only to those poor ego-driven souls who abhor change is there
any "fight." Only to those traditionalist-conservative status-quoists
does change represent some kind of "fight" that must be done to
preserve their fantasies. To anyone else it is simply debate.

Amateur radio regulations were established by people, not gods
or chiefs of stuff of some paramilitary organization. Regulations,
standards and procedures all evolved, changed with time. That
will continue to change as time goes on. There is NO divine
purpose to stop change.

Change is opposed by those who managed to meet OLD
standards and procedures of long ago. They cannot, will not
adjust. They fear change. Change manifests insecurity for
them. Or, they are so ego-driven that they fantasize their
individual accomplishments as so mighty and noble that they
think of themselves as role-models for all.

You were offered SEVERAL apologies and offers to move on, but your

answers
were clearly designed to simply perpetuate an argument.

No. Not on record. Nursie has not admitted that either of his
statements about MARS being amateur radio are wrong, nor has
he/she ever admitted to reading any of the military documents
defining and explaining MARS...nor has nursie identified any
part of Title 47 C.F.R. defining MARS as a civilian radio service.

Nursie has never revealed the when and where of any claimed
military "hostile action" yet demands full and complete disclosure
of all others...for any claim. Nursie be a hypocrite.

Nursie continually insults others' private and professional lives
clearly designed to induce word FIGHTING and then tries to
say "others did it first!" Nursie be an insulter and hypocrite.

Nursie want to be center of attention. Ego drive. Uses all
palaver in here to divert from real debate he cannot handle, will
not handle if it is against his own precious opinions.

You have nothing to offer.

Nursie make imperious demand. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Nursie not moderator in here. Nursie not moderate.

Nursie stuck on one train of thought, not understand derailment
of long ago.

Never did...never will...Your only "argument"
is that other radio services don't use Morse Code, ergo Amateur Radio should
not.

Quite incorrect. Error. False.

Arguments against retaining the amateur radio code test have been
multiple and many. They are on file with the FCC and may be
viewed by any of the public. Over 90 filings there concerning the
manual telegraphy test elimination.

Proof once again that you dont understand a lot of what Amateur Radio is
about.

Nursie have personal fantasy of "what amateur radio is all about."

Few understand nursie's fantasy. I do not...can only describe
symptoms of nursie's obsessive-compulsive behavior and
constant activity of personally insulting all who disagree with
nursie.

Amateur radio is well explained in many places, not a secret thing
revealed only to a hierarchy of nobles. Nursie not noble, is his own
hierarchy. Amateur radio is many many things to many many
people. Nursie not only one, not nobly or godly to say nursie
"represent" all those many.

But that's just par for the course.

Amateur radio is not golf.

Amateur radio doesn't have the balls for it. :-)

The difference here, Lennie, is that I have experience in Amateur Radio.

...and a very large fantasy in addition to pretty certificates (suitable
for framing).

FCC not require staff or commissioners to be radio amateurs in
order to regulate amateur radio in USA.

Nursie have god-like fantasies of control, to have nursie opinions
that of all amateur radio. Nursie be nuts.

You don't.

Never said I did. :-)

Just the same, I was on the staff of Ham Radio magazine after
being an author-contributor.

At the mention of that, nursie will go immediately into ATTACK
mode, all safeties off, insulting all the staff of HR for being a
"defunct" publication...even after 22 years of existance as a
self-sustaining independent periodical for radio amateurs.

Nursie will then change gears and say I cribbed all information
("cut and paste" in his words) and had "none of my own."
Nursie not understand any of the articles, too much intellect
for him, therefore author become "enemy of state" to be
destroyed (by any means possible). Poor nursie.

You are still determined to see that Amateur Radio heels to your barked
order despite having no real idea of what Amateur Radio is or what it's
really all about, save for what you read on websites.

"Heels to my barked orders?!?!?" :-)

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Nursie do word-phrase stealing. Plagiarism from
my postings. :-)

Nursie think amateur radio all about manual telegraphy or code
testing? Not so. Elimination of code test is my main concern.
That is happening. Very slowly but it is happening. First break
in mighty Amateur damn was in 1990. Small trickle of no-coders
entered ham radio in 1991, are now the largest class group in
U.S. amateur radio.

Sunnuvagun! How about that?

2003 saw another break at the WRC. 18 Petitions concerning
code testing now awaiting an NPRM at the FCC. Change IS
happening. Nursie hates that, upsets fantasy. Poor nursie.

Amateur Radio is NOT the "aerospace industry".

Amatuer Radio is NOT PLMRS, GMRS, FRS or MURS.

Not even amateur? :-)

Amateur Radio is NOT military communications.

NO?!? Which is it? Is MARS amateur radio or is it military radio?

Amateur Radio is NOT "commercial" or "professional" communications.

Amateur radio operates by the same physics as every other radio
service. True. It's in all the textbooks.

Amateur radio is the last venue for manual telegraphy.

Pity the OFs whose world is coming to an end with elimination
of the code test. Boo hoo.

I'd dare say that everyone else in this forum EXCEPT you knows those
things and accepts them, yet you keep trying to force Amateur Radio into one
of those molds.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Electrons, fields, and waves don't respect human
egos nor government licenses. They keep on truckin to their own
laws. Won't work in nursieworld fantasies. Poor nursie.

It won't work.

Electrons, fields, and waves DO work in reality. Regulations are
needed BECAUSE they don't obey human laws. Tsk, tsk.

The only thing here "insane", Lennie, is your refusal to act your age.
And that's considerable.

Poor baby. Can't argue with grown-ups anymore? :-)

Nursie imagine being a six-year old extra? :-)

Difficult for me to act six years old. But, a lot of folks in here do.

Too bad.

I already acknowledged the enabling directives of MARS.

And how was that done? Must have been by private courier or
other means "obscuring the information." :-)

If amateur radio goes away, MARS can remain. All that is
required of DoD is then to update Directive 4650.2. :-)

They are not in question.

Yes they are. Nursie gotta ADMIT he was wrong.

[unlikely to happen, but it might be an Event if so... :-) ]

YOU are the idiot for trying to argue that they are.

No. If anything nasty be said about me, it is because I keep on
opposing fantasies blabbered by nursie. :-)

MARS, without the thousands of volunteer Amateurs who man it, would not

be
able to carry out those duties those directives require. Period.

MARS has done well WITHOUT those volunteers in exercise
Grecian Firebolt 2002. They are still doing so in 2004.

Sunnuvagun! How about that?

Only a major
manpower restructuring in the Armed Forces would allow it, and under present
circumstances, that is highly unlikely.

Okay, Chief of Stuff, explain THAT gem?

The U.S. military has a very large communications organization
that is done by military personnel. Doesn't involve MARS at all.
Does all the tactical and strategic communications for the military.
Very big. Army Signal Center is at Fort Gordon, GA.

MARS can go away today and not impact any missions of the
U.S. military.

And I don't need to "intellectualize" anything.

You don't seem to be able to do that. All the readers see is you
personally insulting others who differ with your godlike opinions.

As for being a liar, Lennie, if you would tell the truth and stop your
antgonistic constructs, I wouldn't have anything to work with.

You have been repeatedly caught not telling the truth.

"Truth" in nursieworld definition is 'anything nursie thinks.'
That's not of reality, but then neither is nursie intellect.

You make accusations and assertions you cannot/will not substantiate.

Another redefinition. Tsk, tsk. Anything, however slight, against
nursie opinions are considered "accusations and assertions" in
nursieworld. Yawn.

You assert that you intend to do things, but then never do them.

I'm still working on anti-gravity, still being held down by something.

Then stop posting obviously inflammatory, profane, obnoxious and
incorrect stuff, Lennie.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Nursieworld must be a strange place, glad I can't
enter it to see such redefinitions of words! :-)

We don't care how well you can candy coat your rants with cut-and-pastes
from other websites. Life DOES exist outside of websites, although you seem
to insist that if it's "on the website", that's the end of it. How foolish.

Nursieworld must not have an Internet. Has lots of fantasies, though.

We don't care about how many messages you watched flash across the
teleprinter in 1953, or how many jobs you held. We don't care about some
articles you had published in a magazine that failed, nor do we care about
your manufactured experiences in aviation or emergency communications.

Nursie just doesn't want opposite opinions!

Everyone with opposite opinions LIES! :-)

Nursie = nuts.

Temper fry...

LHA / WMD

Old June 23rd 04, 09:32 PM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , (Steve

From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 6/23/2004 12:13 AM Central Standard Time

You hate Amateur Radio and Amateur Radio licensees. That's blatantly
obvious.

No. Amateur radio is a fine hobby, interesting, a fine recreation
with great technological learning capabilities.

Aside from hearsay or SWLing, how would you know, Leonard?

Except to a few, such as nursie.

How would you know, Leonard? I think Steve enjoys amateur radio. I
know that Jim Miccolis and Brian Kelly enjoy amateur radio. I'm still
filled with enthusiasm for amateur radio. How are you enjoying all that
amateur radio has to offer?

Nursie does NOT "represent" all or even a part of United States
amateur radio. Nursie only represent himself.

If Steve has an amateur radio license, he certainly represents at least
a part of amateur radio in the U.S. It is a cinch that you don't
represent amateur radio. You don't hold an amateur license.

Nursie is also
obsessive-compulsive personality hater unable to control himself
in here when opposed by anyone.

The name "Leonard" could easily be substituted above.

Some Amateur made a fool out of you at some point in time (not that THAT
is hard to do...) and you are determined to antagonize the rest of us as long
as you can.

I do not "antagonize the rest of 'you'" unless the "rest" are just
alternate personalities of nursie.

I DO antagonize the conservative traditionalists, the status-quoists
who demand everything in a hobby conform to their personal
desires.

So anyone who holds a conservative view or who supports or respects
amateur radio's traditions becomes a target for your silliness.

I DO antagonize those who have a compulsive disorder known
familiarly as "control freaks" who seek to dominate others by any
means possible. Those are simply wanna-be dictators.

Thus anyone who doesn't agree with your views of how amateur radio
should be regulated becomes a control freak dictator. On the other
hand, we have you, a non-participant in amateur radio, who'd like to
tell us who should be able to become a radio amateur and what areas
should be tested. What descriptive term can you come up with for an
individual with your characteristics?

Living a life of fantasy is simply delusional. It serves no one, not
even the fantasy believer.

I tend to agree with you, Len. So what do we do about your fantasy that
you're somehow involved in amateur radio?

Every issue under discussion has many sides. One side, the one
nursie believes, is NOT divinely ordained to be only the True one.
Sad for nursie, but true.

Not every issue has many sides, Len. Let's take the following as an
example: Leonard H. Anderson is not a participant in amateur radio.
That one seems divinely ordained as truth.

Nursie abhors opposition, wants to dominate, wants to win at all
costs, wants to FIGHT.

If we sub "Leonard" for "Nursie", we'd have a fairly accurate view of
your puerile behavior.

United States amateur radio is not a military organization whose
purpose is to fight for the country.

It matters not, Len. Whatever amateur radio is or is not, you have
nothing to do with it.

...by entering this newsgroup, EVERYONE enters an arena of
outraged PCTAs busy trying to preserve the honor and glory of
a soon-to-be DEFUNCT communications mode. It is a FIGHT
arena inhabited by punch-drunk olde-fahrts thinking they are
all Rocky running up the museum steps to stirring music. :-)

And there we have it, your view of the situation. As the oldest fart
present and, to my knowledge, the only non-radio amateur, you'd best go
into training. You might want to start with some Mantovani and work
your way up to the stirring music.

Nursie want to be center of attention. Ego drive. Uses all
palaver in here to divert from real debate he cannot handle, will
not handle if it is against his own precious opinions.

Seems to me that the above is quite descriptive of your actions, Len.

Amateur radio is not golf.

Amateur radio doesn't have the balls for it. :-)

Apparently, neither do you.

The difference here, Lennie, is that I have experience in Amateur Radio.

...and a very large fantasy in addition to pretty certificates (suitable
for framing).

FCC not require staff or commissioners to be radio amateurs in
order to regulate amateur radio in USA.

As has been pointed out to you on numerous occasions, FCC staffers and
commissioners are paid to regulate amateur radio. You don't regulate
amateur radio. You aren't an FCC staffer or commissioner. You aren't a
participant in amateur radio.

Dave K8MN

Old June 24th 04, 04:12 AM
Len Over 21

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article ,

(Steve

From:
(Len Over 21)

Old June 24th 04, 05:10 AM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article ,

(Steve

From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 6/23/2004 12:13 AM Central Standard Time

[...]

I guess you told me, Len.

Dave K8MN
Old June 24th 04, 09:08 AM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

From: (Len Over 21)
Date: 6/23/2004 2:40 PM Central Standard Time
In article ,

(Steve
Robeson K4CAP) writes:

CAP has had a lot of in-fighting about FRS. Since FRS is "civilian"

and
we are under NTIA, there's been a lot of arguing about the legalities of it.

"Legalities?!?" :-) For an unlicensed radio service?!?

Don't show more ignorance than what you have already shown us, Lennie.

FRS is regulated under Part 95 of the FCC'S Rules and Regulations.

CAP, as a defacto federal agency (as attested to by the Department of
Defense, Department of the Air Force and the Attorney General of the United
States...) is obligated to operate under NTIA.

The criteria for federal agencies operating on FCC regualted radio
services is very narrow. "Routine" communications and communications
conducting the business of the organization are NOT "authorized" uses.
Opertional missions are not "legitimate" uses either, except where
inoperability or coordination with other rescue agencies is critical, are not
authorized either.

These "restrictions" are not solely applicable to CAP. They apply to all
other federal entities also.

Maybe nursie suggest using MARS.

Actually Civil Air Patrol has quite a few stations authorized to operate
in Air Force MARS, Lennie.

No, can't do that, nursie say "MARS IS amateur radio!"

:-)

Nursie made an "ace" of himself again.

No...you did, Lennie. By your lack of practical experience and
operational knowledge.

Putz..

Steve, K4YZ