Old June 24th 04, 09:47 AM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: The Game's Afoot!
From: (Len Over 21)
Date: 6/23/2004 2:40 PM Central Standard Time
In article ,

(Steve
Robeson K4CAP) writes:

You hate Amateur Radio and Amateur Radio licensees. That's blatantly
obvious.

No. Amateur radio is a fine hobby, interesting, a fine recreation
with great technological learning capabilities.

Except to a few, such as nursie.

I have enjoyed Amateur Radio since 1972, Lennie.

It has been a great tool, a source of recreation, and a social gathering
place.

And as of today, youa re still not a part of it, save for being a
sidelined scufflaw.

Nursie does NOT "represent" all or even a part of United States
amateur radio.

Sure I do...At least 1/675,000 part of it.

Which is 1/675,000 more than you are.

I dare say that judging by many of the other responses in this forum, than
some of my opinions are also held by others.

Google refers.

I DO antagonize those who have a compulsive disorder known
familiarly as "control freaks" who seek to dominate others by any
means possible. Those are simply wanna-be dictators.

There is only one "control freak" here, Lennie.

You see him in the mirror every morning.

Here's MY "purpose"...It's a proven fact that those who bark the

loudest
or longest are usually the one's who get the most attention.

Nursie just wanna FIGHT. Nursie FIGHT anyone who have opposite
opinions of nursie's.

Bark, bark, bark, little nursie.

Seems I'm the little doggie that got ahold of YOU, Lennie!

Sucks to be you.

There is nothing at all "discrediting" about showing FANTASIES
to be fantasies of the imagination.

The only fantasy in this forum, Lennie, is that you are a person of
respectable character, or that you are making some sort of "constructive"
participation in it.

Education in the radio arts is not accomplished by pretending that
amateur radio is some paramilitary service organization or that
memorizing the advertisements and radio reviews in QST is
"learning" what happens behind the front panels...or that amateur
radio "always comes to the rescue during emergencies when all
the other radio infrastructure 'fails.'"

You are the one with such fantasies, Lennie.

You are the one who makes denigrating comments about parallels between the
Armed Forces and Amateur Radio. And no one here has said "...amateur radio
'always comes to the rescue' ..."'

The FACTS are that Amateur Radio DOES "come to the rescue" in a great many
instances, and it CONTINUES to do so in the 21st Century, cellular and Internet
technology notwithsatnding.

As long as you deem it your "purpose" to do so, I will do MY best to
expose you for the antagonist and mistruthful putz that you are.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Nursie back into name-calling mode, trying to "win"
newsgrope arguments by some kind of "show of force."

It's no "show of force".

It's the truth.

Amateur radio regulations were established by people, not gods
or chiefs of stuff of some paramilitary organization. Regulations,
standards and procedures all evolved, changed with time. That
will continue to change as time goes on. There is NO divine
purpose to stop change.

Yes, those regulations were established by "people"...

People who have a vested, practical experience in the radio service they
are a PART of...

It was true in 1912...it's true in 2004...

Except for you.

Go figure.

Change is opposed by those who managed to meet OLD
standards and procedures of long ago. They cannot, will not
adjust. They fear change. Change manifests insecurity for
them. Or, they are so ego-driven that they fantasize their
individual accomplishments as so mighty and noble that they
think of themselves as role-models for all.

A rant of monumental proportion, put to rest by any one who cares to
review any of the posts made by any of those persons you refer to as "PCTA's",
myself included.

You were offered SEVERAL apologies and offers to move on, but your

answers
were clearly designed to simply perpetuate an argument.

No. Not on record.

Yes, on record.

In Google and Deja before it...

Nursie has not admitted that either of his
statements about MARS being amateur radio are wrong, nor has
he/she ever admitted to reading any of the military documents
defining and explaining MARS...nor has nursie identified any
part of Title 47 C.F.R. defining MARS as a civilian radio service.

I have read many of those records, Lennie.

None of them dispute my assertion of No Amateur Radio = No MARS.

Recent posts by others here validate the activites of those
MARS-authorized Amateurs in federal communications exercises.

Nursie has never revealed the when and where of any claimed
military "hostile action" yet demands full and complete disclosure
of all others...for any claim. Nursie be a hypocrite.

So far, my unweillingness to disclose whena nd where I was involved in
hostile contact is your ONLY argument, Lennie.

So far, that means you are about 30-1 behind on unansweed questions.

Nursie continually insults others' private and professional lives
clearly designed to induce word FIGHTING and then tries to
say "others did it first!" Nursie be an insulter and hypocrite.

It's not an insult if it's true.

Nursie want to be center of attention. Ego drive. Uses all
palaver in here to divert from real debate he cannot handle, will
not handle if it is against his own precious opinions.

You have nothing to offer.

Nursie make imperious demand.

It was not a demand. It was an observation. So far, one you've not been
able to disprove.

Just the same, I was on the staff of Ham Radio magazine after
being an author-contributor.

Yes...you were...

A magazine that is now defunct due to a lack of readership and
circulation.

So much for your editorial and leadership skills, Lennie.

At the mention of that, nursie will go immediately into ATTACK
mode, all safeties off, insulting all the staff of HR for being a
"defunct" publication...even after 22 years of existance as a
self-sustaining independent periodical for radio amateurs.

I am not "attacking" the staff at HR, Lennie.

Just you.

I am sure Jim Fisk and the other folks were

Nursie will then change gears and say I cribbed all information
("cut and paste" in his words) and had "none of my own."
Nursie not understand any of the articles, too much intellect
for him, therefore author become "enemy of state" to be
destroyed (by any means possible). Poor nursie.

Poor Lennie.

There's no facts to substantiate any of your CLAIMS about them, either.

Nursie think amateur radio all about manual telegraphy or code
testing? Not so. Elimination of code test is my main concern.
That is happening. Very slowly but it is happening. First break
in mighty Amateur damn was in 1990.

Yep. And it happened WITHOUT Lennie. Sunnuvagun!

Small trickle of no-coders
entered ham radio in 1991, are now the largest class group in
U.S. amateur radio.

"Small"...?!?!

I already acknowledged the enabling directives of MARS.

And how was that done? Must have been by private courier or
other means "obscuring the information."

No blinder are those who will NOT see.....

If amateur radio goes away, MARS can remain. All that is
required of DoD is then to update Directive 4650.2.

Sure it can.

Just like there are Jim Crow laws on the books in many southern states.

And until the Department of Defense decides that MARS needs to be staffed
to a level that would make it operationally viable WITHOUT all those Amateur
Radio volunteers, my assertion that NO Amateur Radio = No MARS is accurate.

No. If anything nasty be said about me, it is because I keep on
opposing fantasies blabbered by nursie.

Anything that is said about you is in response to what YOU have said.

Afterall, this exchange wouldn't be possible without you, Lennie. You ARE
your own worse enemy.

MARS, without the thousands of volunteer Amateurs who man it, would not

be
able to carry out those duties those directives require. Period.

MARS has done well WITHOUT those volunteers in exercise
Grecian Firebolt 2002. They are still doing so in 2004.

Sunnuvagun! How about that?

Sunnuvagun...how about all the resports of MARS stations participating
being MOSTLY from "individual" stations...?!?!

You need to participate in forums other than this one, Lennie.

Only a major
manpower restructuring in the Armed Forces would allow it, and under present
circumstances, that is highly unlikely.

Okay, Chief of Stuff, explain THAT gem?

The U.S. military has a very large communications organization
that is done by military personnel. Doesn't involve MARS at all.
Does all the tactical and strategic communications for the military.
Very big. Army Signal Center is at Fort Gordon, GA.

Nice try for a change of tangent, Lennie.

We are not discussing operational military traffic, Lennie.

We are discussing MARS. Not ADA, AIR, WAR, SINCGARS, or equipment
nomenclature...Just the MARS program.

I'd suggest you try and stay focused, but you can't and keep an "edge" in
the arguments.

MARS can go away today and not impact any missions of the
U.S. military.

Yep....I never said anything else.

And I don't need to "intellectualize" anything.

You don't seem to be able to do that. All the readers see is you
personally insulting others who differ with your godlike opinions.

"Godlike"...?!?!

You are not an Amateur Radio licensee. You never have been.

You've made countless assertions and "observations" to and about Amateur
Radio, most of which have been easily rebuked by fact, and certainly NOT
substantiated by any fact from you.

(Shall we once again revisit YOUR assertions of "dishonesty" by ARRL
officials...?!?!)

Everyone with opposite opinions LIES!

Nope.

Nursie = nuts.

Still waiting on you to provide those documents that will demonstrate your
qualifications in mental health education or training, Lennie.

Until then...You're still a putz.

Steve, K4YZ

Old June 24th 04, 01:22 PM
William

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article ,

(Steve

From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 6/23/2004 12:13 AM Central Standard Time

You hate Amateur Radio and Amateur Radio licensees. That's blatantly
obvious.

No. Amateur radio is a fine hobby, interesting, a fine recreation
with great technological learning capabilities.

Aside from hearsay or SWLing, how would you know, Leonard?

Heil, you've done that schtick already. It doesn't apply. It
doesn't work. Give up on that ploy.

It isn't schtick and it is no ploy, Leonard.

If some kid, assuming that he is above the age which you believe should
be the minimum for amateur radio licensing, comes to you and says, "What
can you tell me about amateur radio, Mr. Anderson?", the best you'll be
able to do is tell him that you heard from a friend that amateur radio
is....
or that you read in a book that amateur radio is...

You're shucking and jiving, Leonard.

Dave K8MN

Interesting. I once said that a prospective ham almost had to know a
ham to become a ham. Then you guys set upon me like the pack of wild
dogs that you are, telling me of acts of heroism how you got the book
and read it and went down to the steely-eyed fcc examiner and became a
ham. No sir! No help from no one.

So Len could tell the kid to get a book. Which according to your
comment above, a book just isn't going to give sufficient information
to be able to answer questions about amateur radio.

You guys play both ends against the middle, and now that you've worked
down to the middle, your arguments fail because they are
contradictory. Go argue with yourself. You, K8MN, are shucking and
jiving.

Best of Luck.
Old June 24th 04, 02:35 PM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

From: (William)
Date: 6/24/2004 7:22 AM Central Standard Time
Dave Heil wrote in message
Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil

writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article ,

(Steve

From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 6/23/2004 12:13 AM Central Standard Time

[...]

The POINT, Your Junior Putziness, is that Lennie doesn't HAVE the
experience to help the kid OTHER than the theory part.

He can't help with testing, other than to refer him to someone else.

He can't help with the Code (should "the kid" desire to learn it), other
than to refer him to someone else.

He can't help with tutoring "the kid" on proper Amateur Radio operating
technique, other than to refer him to someone else.

He can't help with...well....I can go on and on....

It's NOT about working "both ends against the middle".

It's about what contributions Lennie has alledgedly made to Amateur Radio.

Easily summated, it's ZERO. His only "professional" affiliation with
Amateur Radio went belly-up a long time ago. Furthermore there's not a single
reference, footnote or other attribution of an LHA-authored HR article in ANY
technical text outside of that defunct magazine, and even then, that's 20+ year
old information.

As you can see, no luck was needed...just facts.

Steve, K4YZ

Old June 24th 04, 04:01 PM
Dave Heil

William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article ,

(Steve

From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 6/23/2004 12:13 AM Central Standard Time

[...]

I think so.

I once said that a prospective ham almost had to know a
ham to become a ham.

I don't recall that.

Then you guys set upon me like the pack of wild
dogs that you are...

Which "you guys" would that be?

...telling me of acts of heroism...

Acts of heroism? I don't believe you.

how you got the book
and read it and went down to the steely-eyed fcc examiner and became a
ham. No sir! No help from no one.

Novice exams weren't taken in front of any FCC examiner, much less a
stelly-eyed examiner. K8CFT wasn't steely-eyed at all. SK W8MN sparked
my interest in becoming a ham but he couldn't learn the theory for me
and I'd moved to a different town by the time I began practicing morse
to increase my speed.

So Len could tell the kid to get a book.

Oh, he wouldn't likely do that. He'd go into one of his Foghorn Lenhorn
pontifications.

Which according to your
comment above, a book just isn't going to give sufficient information
to be able to answer questions about amateur radio.

A book can provide information to an extent. No good golfer became one
by reading a book. No good fisherman became one by reading a book. No
good radio op became one by reading a book. Practice and experience are
the keys. Len has neither.

You guys play both ends against the middle, and now that you've worked
down to the middle, your arguments fail because they are
contradictory. Go argue with yourself. You, K8MN, are shucking and
jiving.

I'd say that they appear contradictory to you, "William", because you
don't fully understand them.

"You don't need a former military weatherman to know which way the wind
blows"

Dave K8MN

Old June 25th 04, 12:54 AM
Len Over 21

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

I'd say that they appear contradictory to you, "William", because you
don't fully understand them.

Neither do others...

"You don't need a former military weatherman to know which way the wind
blows"

It all BLOWS from K8MN QTH.

Say goodnight herr robust.

Temper fry...

LHA / WMD
Old June 25th 04, 12:54 AM
Len Over 21

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Why does it always have to be about you, Len?

About "me?!?"

Herr Robust getting adalpated again. Too many oriongasms?

Nursie all obsessed with hating me...has to bring me up in
usual barf messages nearly all the time.

Are you getting as bad as nursie? [if so, get help pronto...]

Radio amateurs are free
to seek out information about the "larger world of radio" in any number
of venues.

Feel free. So, when are you going to do that?

Many radio amateurs have been or are participants in the
"larger world of radio".

I've worked with some of those longer than herr robust has
been a ham.

They not behave like Big Dave, the officious pompous
authoritity figure telling all what to do and how to do it.

If you'd like to impress us, obtain an amateur
radio license of any class and regale us with those tales.

"Impressing" big dave is NOT in my life's plan. :-)

Big Dave can only be impressed by looking at his own image
in a mirror. :-)

Temper fry...

LHA / WMD
Old June 25th 04, 12:54 AM
Len Over 21

In article , (Steve

From:
(William)
Date: 6/24/2004 7:22 AM Central Standard Time
Dave Heil wrote in message
Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil

writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article ,

(Steve

From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 6/23/2004 12:13 AM Central Standard Time
[...]

Riiiight...just five-plus decades of experience beginning around 1947.

OH! Maybe the gunnery nurse is going to address the troops at
morning assembly again:

"Amateur radio WORKS DIFFERENT that all other radio services!"

Right..."amateur electrons" instead of commercial ones. Uh huh.

Poor nursie...thinks the FCC can regulate Laws of Physics too!

He can't help with testing, other than to refer him to someone else.

Riiiight...amateur radio WORKS DIFFERENT than all other radio.

Unca Stevie da gunnery nursie gave us the command orders!

He can't help with the Code (should "the kid" desire to learn it), other
than to refer him to someone else.

Riiiiight...no amateur radio transmitter can WORK on HF without
the "opertator" being tested for manual telegraphy. :-)

Da gubmint and da Army use COMPUTER PROGRAMS to
teach morse code cognition at Fort Huachuca, AZ. Do dat mean
da computers gotta be LICENSED IN HAM RADIO?

He can't help with tutoring "the kid" on proper Amateur Radio operating
technique, other than to refer him to someone else.

Riiiight. PROPER PROCEDURE AND PRACTICE ON THE HAM
BANDS IS MOST IMPORTANT! Hams and hamsters can get
fired if they screw up on procedure, lose their social status, be
taken out and shot in the AM...and then be chewed out by the
Super Chief Master Gunnery Nurse!

A fate worse than death.

Those that don't use proper procedure might never OPERTATE
again!!!

He can't help with...well....I can go on and on....

Poor nursie, still obsessed with hate.

It's NOT about working "both ends against the middle".

Riiiight...it is capitulation to the loudmouths like gunnery nurse
and herr robust and like-minded self-righteous control freaks of
olde-tyme hamme raddio.

It's about what contributions Lennie has alledgedly made to Amateur
Radio.

WOW! New requirement!

All newcomers MUST CONTRIBUTE to ham radio BEFORE they
get licensed!

Hits a new high in the extra nobility snob category...all serve the
might lords of telegraphy FIRST...then they MIGHT let one come
into "their kingdom" if one groveled well enough to suit their
noble blue-blooded righteousness.

Easily summated, it's ZERO.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Nursie done expressed all kinds of "informed
opinions" on national and world economy, the socio-political
climate, ad nauseum, and has ZERO credentials or smarts in
that!

NOTHING. NADA. ZIP.

Subject didn't touch ham radio within a light-year but here his
mightyness be sitting, spittle shooting out in rage of denigration
of others, and then NOT knowing radio physics.

His only "professional" affiliation with
Amateur Radio went belly-up a long time ago. Furthermore there's not a single
reference, footnote or other attribution of an LHA-authored HR article in ANY
technical text outside of that defunct magazine, and even then, that's 20+

year
old information.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Nursie need to read more. :-)

Nursie not know radio theory, certainly not electronics in general.

Nursie need to check out UK website having listings of
radio articles.

Nursie think FCC can make electrons, fields, and waves "act
different" by law if they separate "amateur" radio from all other
radio!

Nursie gots to get more education in theory to UNDERSTAND
technical subjects written up in publications. Memorizing the
sales phrases and jargon in QST advertisements not enough.

Nursie are not right in head.

As you can see, no luck was needed...just facts.

"Facts" in nursieworld much different than reality.

Nursie "facts" not same as real-world facts.

Temper fry...

LHA / WMD