Old November 3rd 04, 08:27 PM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(William) writes:

Dave Heil wrote in message
William wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message

William wrote:

PAMNO (N2EY) wrote in message
In article

nk.net, "KØHB"
writes:

"William" wrote

I blame the problems of the ARS on the following, .......

Problems? What problems, Brian? I've been a ham for 46 years and
amateur radio just keeps getting better and better!

Y'know, you've got a point there, Hans!

There are more hams
than ever, we have more frequencies than ever, we have more ways

operate then ever, the regulations are less restrictive than

they've
been since the 1920's, there are more new technologies to explore

than
ever, and the outlook is for even more of the same.

All true! *And*, we still retain almost all of what we had in the

past. If
someone wants to use, say, 1950s equipment, they can do so in

almost all cases.
In fact, that's true all the way back to about the 1920s.

The rest of the world is slowly getting 40 meters doubled..

Problems? Hardly!

A couple of things like BPL, sure, but not the end of the world.

73 de Jim, N2EY

I recall you claiming that we needed more not fewer license classes,
and 13 and 20 wpm code exams.

And BPL is such a minor thing...

I must have got it wrong again. Hi!

You must have, "William". There is serious talk of an entry level
license. That'd be one more than we have now.

Hmmm? And 1 less than we had when he made his complaint.

Hmmmm...a trend in the direction of Jim's idea.

Odd. Instead of 1 more, we see one less. And you see a trend in the
direction of Jim's idea. Perhaps if you called it a Contra-trend, I
could buy into that idea.

Getting rid of the
Novice license was a serious mistake. What was needed was a revision

of
Novice privileges.

And it appears that even you have a complaint wrt the amateur service.
My goodness, just after Jim says everything is rosey!

...and it appears that the "William"-mobile can only go to the left or
right at ninety degree angles.

Hmmm? I see Jim taking those 90 degree turns without problem. One
day the amateur service needs more license classes, the next day there
are no complaints and everything is rosey. One day we need higher
speed morse code exams, the next day a morse code exam is a barrier to
morse code use. Hi, hi!

I'm consistent in my position with respect to amateur radio policy,
and you say I make 90 degree turns. More hi, hi's.

That makes taking life's curves really
tough. Maybe you thought Jim and I carefully aligned our positions
before posting. We do have a really good system. Jim posts what he
believes and I post what I believe.

There goes the notion that Jim faxes you guys a white paper or a
talking points paper each day.

Jim tries to take an opposite position from me, just because it was me
who said it.

Is that what you really believe?

What -am- I to believe?

Typical bad attitude Extra.

Bad attitude Extra=anyone who doesn't go along with you.

Nope.

I don't find you typical of General Class licensees. Would you care to
put forth any additional sweeping generalities?

Nor do I find you typical of Extra Class licensees.

Anyway Dave, I agree with you (and Hans) that we need a legitimate
entry level license. bb

Congrats on partial enlightenment.

Dave K8MN

No enlightenment. It was preposterous in 1991 when the FCC made a
1,500 watt license "entry level."

"Dave's enlightenment" is using a #47 pilot lamp to light up his
barn containing all those Olde Radios. Really shines, that light. :-)

I'm consistent in my position with respect to amateur radio policy.

NCTA are not allowed to be "consistent." We MUST follow the
rulez of the Archaic Radiotelegraphy Society (ARS) because the
Radio Godz SAY we must. There we have it.

Anything the PCTA say is defined as "consistency." Even if they
vacillate (or get vacillated by a licensured medical professional).
Whatever the PCTA say is automatically "consistent." Saying
otherwise is a fantasyland felony, punishable by nastygrams in
public venues.

Remember, NOBODY tells "Dave" what to do. Nobody! :-)

ONLY A SHORT TIME UNTIL HAMS CAN VOTE FOR KERRY!! Mr Ham Radio Policy 2 October 24th 04 03:56 AM
Vote for WX6RST Hans K0HB General 16 October 10th 03 11:03 PM
Vote for WX6RST Hans K0HB Policy 11 October 10th 03 11:03 PM
Vote for WX6RST Hans K0HB General 0 October 7th 03 12:21 AM