Old October 25th 04, 10:52 PM
Mike Coslo

Default How ya gonna vote Comrade?

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ia_us_election

Old October 26th 04, 05:15 AM
Brian Kelly

Mike Coslo wrote in message ...
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ia_us_election

I've often wondered what the world would be like today if we'd let the
Krauts take the Kremlin back then instead of backing Stalin . . And
THEN have creamed the Krauts.
Old October 26th 04, 10:55 AM
N2EY

In article ,
(Brian Kelly) writes:

Mike Coslo wrote in message

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...re_eu/russia_u
s_election

I've often wondered what the world would be like today if we'd let the
Krauts take the Kremlin back then instead of backing Stalin . . And
THEN have creamed the Krauts.

They almost did! But Adolf managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by
such dumb moves as dividing his invasion force and exterminating rather than
befriending the Ukranians.

The high point of German occupation of the USSR came just before Pearl Harbor.
Then they started being pushed back. Had Stalin lost, the western alliance
would have had the job of defeating a Germany that had USSR's resources behind
it, and no second front.

Scary

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old October 27th 04, 02:30 AM
William

PAMNO (N2EY) wrote in message ...
In article ,

(Brian Kelly) writes:

Mike Coslo wrote in message

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...re_eu/russia_u
s_election

I've often wondered what the world would be like today if we'd let the
Krauts take the Kremlin back then instead of backing Stalin . . And
THEN have creamed the Krauts.

They almost did! But Adolf managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by
such dumb moves as dividing his invasion force and exterminating rather than
befriending the Ukranians.

The high point of German occupation of the USSR came just before Pearl Harbor.
Then they started being pushed back. Had Stalin lost, the western alliance
would have had the job of defeating a Germany that had USSR's resources behind
it, and no second front.

Scary

73 de Jim, N2EY

Wow! You guys sure take some kind of vector off of a left turn. Talk
about off off topic! Ooop! Not allowed to say PCTA are off topic.
My bad. So sorry. May a thousand "camel humpers" (?is that what
Steve called them?) move into my nice neighborhood.
Old October 27th 04, 01:44 PM
Mike Coslo

William wrote:
PAMNO (N2EY) wrote in message ...

In article ,

(Brian Kelly) writes:

Mike Coslo wrote in message

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...re_eu/russia_u

s_election

I've often wondered what the world would be like today if we'd let the
Krauts take the Kremlin back then instead of backing Stalin . . And
THEN have creamed the Krauts.

They almost did! But Adolf managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by
such dumb moves as dividing his invasion force and exterminating rather than
befriending the Ukranians.

The high point of German occupation of the USSR came just before Pearl Harbor.
Then they started being pushed back. Had Stalin lost, the western alliance
would have had the job of defeating a Germany that had USSR's resources behind
it, and no second front.

Scary

73 de Jim, N2EY

Wow! You guys sure take some kind of vector off of a left turn.

And that "left turn is who the "reformed commies" endorse for Prez!

Talk
about off off topic! Ooop! Not allowed to say PCTA are off topic.
My bad. So sorry.

What the heck, Brian? If you post something, and someone disagrees with
it, is THAT what you mean by not being allowed to have a different opinion?

I kind of thought that was what we were here for.

As for off topic, yourself and are the ones
complaining of messages being off topic.

C'mon, you are starting to sound like a "victim".

As a conservative, I can tell you that you don't have to be a victim.
You are responsible for your actions, and don't have to be a victim.
Once you do that, your life will take on new meaning, with unlimited
possibilities opening up that were denied you by the liberal's "victim
trap"

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old October 27th 04, 08:54 PM
William

Mike Coslo wrote in message ...
William wrote:
PAMNO (N2EY) wrote in message ...

In article ,

(Brian Kelly) writes:

Mike Coslo wrote in message

[...]

Sorry, didn't mean to give that impression. It was supposed to be
tongue-in-cheek, but my keyboard emoticons are lacking.

Dang-it, there's that victim trap again! ;^)

As a conservative, I can tell you that you don't have to be a victim.
You are responsible for your actions, and don't have to be a victim.
Once you do that, your life will take on new meaning, with unlimited
possibilities opening up that were denied you by the liberal's "victim
trap"

- Mike KB3EIA -

Reminds me of the "parade of victims" that NPR features each day. Why
does George Bush continue to fund those idiots?
Old October 27th 04, 09:30 PM
Mike Coslo

William wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote in message ...

William wrote:

(N2EY) wrote in message ...

In article ,
(Brian Kelly) writes:

Mike Coslo wrote in message

[...]

NPR gets less and less gvt funding every year. 65 percent private/35
percent public

There is a downside to that though. When Newt ad his buds originally
started the pull the pursetrings on NPR, the idea was that they would
melt and go away like the wicked witch of the west after getting doused
by Dorothy.

They didn't - they thrived, adapting to the new situation. As they
receive less and less government funding, they have more and more
autonomy. At this point I would assume that they enjoy the money that
they still get from the gvt

And that is the downside - less control.

I actually get my news from NPR and Reuters now. Despite NPR's middle
to left perspective, they actually report so much more than the other
organizations - Network news sucks, CNN is weird, and Fox News is great
if you are a Pub that only wants to hear news that agrees with your
world view.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old October 28th 04, 10:32 AM
William

Mike Coslo wrote in message ...
William wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote in message ...

William wrote:

(N2EY) wrote in message ...

In article ,
(Brian Kelly) writes:

Mike Coslo wrote in message

[...]

Because they were nothing more than a mouthpiece for the left. No
point in tax dollars funding that.

They didn't - they thrived, adapting to the new situation. As they
receive less and less government funding, they have more and more
autonomy. At this point I would assume that they enjoy the money that
they still get from the gvt

And that is the downside - less control.

What control did they have previously?

I actually get my news from NPR and Reuters now. Despite NPR's middle
to left perspective, they actually report so much more than the other
organizations - Network news sucks, CNN is weird, and Fox News is great
if you are a Pub that only wants to hear news that agrees with your
world view.

- Mike KB3EIA -

It's a sham when NPR rolls over to BBC at night.
Old October 28th 04, 07:57 PM
KØHB

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ia_us_election

WTF is all this political crapola suddenly doing on rrap. Next thing
you know we'll be arguing about whether the democraps or the
republicannots were responsible for the sinking of the Titanic, and
whether CW could have saved the WTC.

Old October 28th 04, 09:49 PM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: How ya gonna vote Comrade?
From: "KØHB"
Date: 10/28/2004 1:57 PM Central Standard Time

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...re_eu/russia_u

s_election

WTF is all this political crapola suddenly doing on rrap. Next thing
you know we'll be arguing about whether the democraps or the
republicannots were responsible for the sinking of the Titanic, and
whether CW could have saved the WTC.

You mean we don't already...?!?!

Steve, K4YZ

ONLY A SHORT TIME UNTIL HAMS CAN VOTE FOR KERRY!! Mr Ham Radio Policy 2 October 24th 04 03:56 AM
Vote for WX6RST Hans K0HB General 16 October 10th 03 11:03 PM
Vote for WX6RST Hans K0HB Policy 11 October 10th 03 11:03 PM
Vote for WX6RST Hans K0HB General 0 October 7th 03 12:21 AM