Old March 17th 05, 04:58 AM
Dave Heil

Dee Flint wrote:

"K4YZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

K4YZ wrote:

Just like there's nothing preventing me from picking up a quilting
needle if I wanted to, or starting a floral shop, etc.

If you can stand other people considering you weird, more power to you as
far as I'm concerned. I'm sure no one dared tell Rosie Grier (an NFL player
for those too young to remember) that he was odd for doing needlepoint. I
believe he even appeared in ads in women's magazines for needlepoint
supplies.

Rosie even had a short singing career. I saw him live as part of a
"Shindig" tour in Beckley, WV in 1964 or 65. He performed on the same
bill as Jerry and the Pacemakers, The Dixie Cups, Shirley Ellis (The
Name Game) and a young, clean-shaven Willie Nelson (doing pop songs!).

Dave K8MN
Old March 17th 05, 09:58 PM
Michael Coslo

bb wrote:
Michael Coslo wrote:

It seems to be the same with many technical careers or hobbies.

There

is a lot of effort to recruit women to the engineering ranks. But not

that many appear to be attracted to it.

Ditto meteorology. The American Meteorological Society had lots of
verbiage in the BAMS and a questionaire "what should we do to
attract..."

Time frame was 80's as I recall. I had hoped we had gotten past all
that by now. We've got women doctors, truck drivers, and weight
lifters. And even a movie about women boxers. It's time to drop the
"first woman to... whatever" stuff.

Perhaps we need to have tight control over this sort of thing. A
carreer / hobby lottery, so to speak. When you are in 6th grade, you
draw at random two things, a career slip and a hobby slip. And that

is

what ya train for and do from then on. Strict control will have to be

exercised in order to enforce gender equity!

The Gulag for the dissenters.

I don't know about you, but that sounds pretty goofy to me.

That there are less women in the ARS is true enough.

And?

Right!

But that is

interesting from a "why is that?" standpoint.

It's hard to tune them in on SSB.

You are correct! perhaps *there* is the discrimination! hehe

It probably isn't so

interesting from a "how do we change Ham radio to attract more
women?" aspect.

Reminds me of Larry Roll/K3LT and his "Welfare mothers of color"
remarks.

That one was sorely troublesome.

Dee or Kim might be able to shed some light on that, in form of "Why
I am interested in Amateur radio" or perhaps some insight on why a lot
of women aren't.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Whoa! I thought we weren't allowed to take anything Kim says
seriously? And Dee will merely spout the ARRL party line.

I have no problems with either.

And I wonder what the ARRL party lin is on "wimmin in radio"?

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old March 17th 05, 10:57 PM
Lloyd

"K4YZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

K4YZ wrote:

My question: Is this even an issue?

There's beeen a lot of great ansswers here, save for Lennie's
usual attempt to be racist and chauvanistic.

What I am trying to get at, though, is "so what"...?!?!

Dee, Kim, don't get fussed at me...My only point here is that
there are NO barriers to ANYone, male, female, black, white, straight,
gay, etc etc etc getting a license.

Just like there's nothing preventing me from picking up a quilting
needle if I wanted to, or starting a floral shop, etc.

I received an off-line response that cited a lawsuit agaist the
ARRL in "the 92-94 time frame" that cited a suit brought against the
League. Sounds more like a labor dispute to me!

Does ANY organization have an "obligation" to HAVE to "recruit" on
behalf of an avocation that many consider "just a hobby"...?!?!

73

Steve, K4YZ

When is k4yz going to post proof k1man was sanctioned by the
commission? Me thinks k4yz is full 'o ****.

73,

Lloyd

Old March 18th 05, 12:09 AM

From: Dave Heil on Thurs, Mar 17 2005 4:49 am

wrote:

Now we need Len Anderson to chime in with something about how
amateur radio is predominately "white".

I'm not Len, but it is.

True enough, Alun, just check out the ham photos in
the last half-century's ham publications.

No "profiling" qualifications needed...

That's right, Len. There are far fewer blacks than whites in amateur
radio in the United States. Amateur radio in the U.S. is open to
anyone.

You've "never" asked yourself (or anyone else) WHY that
is?

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Mr. "equal opportunity" Heil with all
the sarcastic arrogance he can muster DOES NOT EXPLAIN
WHY U.S. amateur radio is essentially a white man's
"club." Oh, my, how hypocritical can you get?

Whilst it's hard to tell someone's race on air, it also seems that

On "CW" noboby can tell their gender.

That maybe explains why WOMEN's tees are so "cool!" :-)

Because when using CW, nobody can tell your gender? Makes as much

sense
as anything else you've written, I suppose.

Are you THAT brain-dead or living-in-fantasy while
listening to "CW" that you CAN tell gender of the
sender?!?

What do you do on hearing that the other party is
female, raise the beep pitch with your BFO knob?!?

Jay-suss...big badass dave is hard-put to get
anything to attempt humiliation and denigration
of his "opponents." Tsk, tsk.

Now you've really opened up a can of worms, Dave.

Big badass dave LIKES worms, Alun. :-)

Yes, I do, but I'm not awfully fond of you.

AWWWWWW...poor lil davie is ALL UPSET because he
isn't "loved and respected?!?" He wanna "take it
out" on others?

Poor guy is looking for love in all the wrong
places. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

GET WITH THE PROGRAM. A discussion of anything
controversial WILL have all sorts of people "you
don't like."

Sunnuvagun! [as Hans likes to say...:-) ]

Here's a newsflash, sweetums, it is NOT necessary
to "like someone" about anything. The SUBJECT is
(or should be) the discussion point...NOT the
person or personality of whover YOU disagree with.

U.S. amateur radio was NOT created especially for
Dave Heil to enjoy. Dave Heil has NO more control
over ham radio than I do...believe it or not!

Dave Heil is NOT an FCC commissioner or staffer,
does NOT "rule" anything but lines on paper pads.
All of Dave Heil's "tenure" in amateur radio
involves keeping his amateur license renewed.
All the rest is arrogant posturing of the type of
personality that needs to "control" everyone else.
Dave Heil tries to "control" others by attempts at
humiliation and denigration, then gets soooooooooo
upset when he gets the same (and more) tossed right
back in his face. Poor baby...and he thought he
was "in control." Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Does Dave Heil want a nice ARRL-south website where
all can congratulate him on his long "career" as an
amateur, rigidly following the league rulebook? No
problem...easy thing to do ELSEWHERE. Posture and
preen about yourself all you want (and you do so
seem to want that) ELSEWHERE. U.S. amateur radio
is NOT under YOUR control and won't be. If you want
to pretend YOU control it, go ELSEWHERE.

Meanwhile, the demographics on U.S. amateur radio
show de facto that it is a WHITE MEN'S CLUB. If Davie
wanna be "equal opportunity for all" (like he puts on
to me), then Davie Heil ought to for damn sure go out
and DO something about that. [the rest of the world
does not exist to serve Davie Heil...or any PCTA]
Posturing a lot of bull**** about "...it's open to all"
may be the SPIN that all flag-waving, arrogant WHITE
extras wanna rave about, but it's clearly NOT the
case. It hasn't been the case for half a century.

Davie Heil will NOT address the de facto WHITE MEN'S
CLUB other than to misdirect into personal denigration
against another. To me is going to come back with that
idiotic "promise" that I allegedly made...about five
years ago. Tsk, tsk. I NEVER took any "oath" or
"vows" that I would do such a thing. Got that, Davie?
NO "oaths," "vows," or promises.

Doesn't matter on the SUBJECT whether or not I "get"
a ham license. Big badass davie IS going to find some
sort of personal denigration "charge" to misdirect the
thread SUBJECT onto my person's alleged "faults." :-)
He can't help it. He just doesn't like those having
differing opinions than his.

Davie Heil has been trying to toss me off this news-
group for over seven years on all sorts of specious
"charges." Tsk. He's FAILED! I'm still here. Poor
guy must be twins (he's beside himself).

Failure is NOT an option, Davie.

TRY to get back ON the SUBJECT...WITHOUT resorting to
all the alleged "faults" of another person. I don't
think you can do it.

Old March 18th 05, 02:42 AM
K4YZ

From: Dave Heil on Thurs, Mar 17 2005 4:49 am

Now you've really opened up a can of worms, Dave.

Big badass dave LIKES worms, Alun.

Yes, I do, but I'm not awfully fond of you.

AWWWWWW...poor lil davie is ALL UPSET because he
isn't "loved and respected?!?" He wanna "take it
out" on others?

No. That's YOUR schtick, Lennie.

You got "dissed" somewhere along the way in life and now you're
doing your best to make life as miserable for any/everyone else you
can.

Poor guy is looking for love in all the wrong
places. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

As opposed to a bitter old Kalifornia Ex-Technician we know who
can't get ANY loving ANY where...And does his best to make sure no one
will WANT to love him...

GET WITH THE PROGRAM. A discussion of anything
controversial WILL have all sorts of people "you
don't like."

Sunnuvagun!

As opposed to the bitter old man who isna't a part of ANY program?

Here's a newsflash, sweetums, it is NOT necessary
to "like someone" about anything. The SUBJECT is
(or should be) the discussion point...NOT the
person or personality of whover YOU disagree with.

Typos, Lennie...Watch your typos...We can see you getting MAD!

(Your "rulez", Putzster...Live with it...)

U.S. amateur radio was NOT created especially for
Dave Heil to enjoy. Dave Heil has NO more control
over ham radio than I do...believe it or not!

Yes, he does.

Meanwhile, the demographics on U.S. amateur radio
show de facto that it is a WHITE MEN'S CLUB. If Davie
wanna be "equal opportunity for all" (like he puts on
to me), then Davie Heil ought to for damn sure go out
and DO something about that. [the rest of the world
does not exist to serve Davie Heil...or any PCTA]
Posturing a lot of bull**** about "...it's open to all"
may be the SPIN that all flag-waving, arrogant WHITE
extras wanna rave about, but it's clearly NOT the
case. It hasn't been the case for half a century.

There's no raving here, Leonard.

I demand that you cite those raves.

There is no "white man's club" here. No one, except for felons and
representitives are prevented from obtaining an Amateur Radio
license...Even lying ex radio technicians in Sun Valley.

Davie Heil will NOT address the de facto WHITE MEN'S
CLUB other than to misdirect into personal denigration
against another. To me is going to come back with that
idiotic "promise" that I allegedly made...about five
years ago. Tsk, tsk. I NEVER took any "oath" or
"vows" that I would do such a thing. Got that, Davie?
NO "oaths," "vows," or promises.

All references to any statements he has made are rebutted with
"tsk", "I never said THAT", "that was in the past" or similar disavowal
of his own "word".

Then when his lies are pointed out, he tries to redirect "to the
subject" or other such misdirection, claiming that he is the victim of
"character assassination".

Doesn't matter on the SUBJECT whether or not I "get"
a ham license. Big badass davie IS going to find some
sort of personal denigration "charge" to misdirect the
thread SUBJECT onto my person's alleged "faults."

There is nothing "alleged" about it.

Leonard H. Anderson of Sun Valley California is a pathological
liar. He is untrustworthy. His word is only taken with one huge grain
of salt by the extremely gullible.

Davie Heil has been trying to toss me off this news-
group for over seven years on all sorts of specious
"charges." Tsk. He's FAILED! I'm still here. Poor
guy must be twins (he's beside himself).

Actually, I saw a tee shirt that kinda fits the situation, Lennie,
so you may be getting a package via UPS very soon. It says:

"I AM PROOF THAT THE THREAT OF CAPITAL PUNISHMENT DOES DETER
CAPITAL CRIME" It has a "stickman" in a hangman's noose and the
international red circle with the strike across it.

Failure is NOT an option, Davie.

TRY to get back ON the SUBJECT...WITHOUT resorting to
all the alleged "faults" of another person. I don't
think you can do it.

You ARE a liar.

You HAVE made countless inappropriate and innaccurate statements
about Amateur Radio and Amateur Radio Operators. When those errors
have been brought to your attention (or proof asked for) you've refused
to acknowledge your error.

YOU contantly denigrate almost everyone here with allegations of
Nazi sympathies, profanities and other such childish name-calling, then
cry foul when redirected back to you.

You've bottomed out, Lennie...Whatever potential you had at being
of any value to community or avocation is long gone.

Back under the rock, scumbag.

Putz.

Steve, K4YZ

Old March 18th 05, 04:24 AM
Lloyd

"K4YZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

From: Dave Heil on Thurs, Mar 17 2005 4:49 am

[...]

When is scumbag k4yz going to post proof tht k1man was cited and
sanctioned by the fcc?

Old March 18th 05, 10:38 AM
K4YZ

Lloyd wrote:
"K4YZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

YOU contantly denigrate almost everyone here with allegations

of
Nazi sympathies, profanities and other such childish name-calling,

then
cry foul when redirected back to you.

You've bottomed out, Lennie...Whatever potential you had at

being
of any value to community or avocation is long gone.

Back under the rock, scumbag.

When is scumbag k4yz going to post proof tht k1man was cited and
sanctioned by the fcc?

Oooooh! Lloydie has moved up to two syllable profanities! I am
so (not) impressed!

Same lame challenge...Still wordsmiting for some "advantage"...An
advantage un-done by Google.

Done deal. A simple Google search.

I wonder if LLoydie will apologize or snivvel out.

I vote on the snivvelling.

Steve, K4YZ

Old March 18th 05, 11:01 AM
Dave Heil

From: Dave Heil on Thurs, Mar 17 2005 4:49 am

wrote:

Now we need Len Anderson to chime in with something about how
amateur radio is predominately "white".

I'm not Len, but it is.

True enough, Alun, just check out the ham photos in
the last half-century's ham publications.

No "profiling" qualifications needed...

That's right, Len. There are far fewer blacks than whites in amateur
radio in the United States. Amateur radio in the U.S. is open to
anyone.

You've "never" asked yourself (or anyone else) WHY that
is?

Why no, Len, I've never asked myself what amateur radio in the U.S. is
open to anyone. Seems reasonable to me.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Mr. "equal opportunity" Heil with all
the sarcastic arrogance he can muster DOES NOT EXPLAIN
WHY U.S. amateur radio is essentially a white man's
"club." Oh, my, how hypocritical can you get?

I've not been tasked with being the official explainer of things, Len.
Why don't you drop the League a line. Perhaps they'll be able to
provide an answer for you. Amateur radio in the United States is pretty
much a white man's hobby. I attended the Washington, PA hamfest last
fall. The president of the club there is black. There are several
black members. The majority of the membership is white.

The Northern Panhandle ARC which meets in Wheeling is predominately
white. The president of the club is John Green WB8WRQ. He is black. He
doesn't have a problem with the white members. They obviously don't
have a problem with him. Whites folks are a majority of the
population. Blacks make up about 13% of the American population. Here
in West Virginia, about 3% of our population is black.

When I lived in Sierra Leone, the majority of the Sierra Leone League of
Amateur Radio was black. The minority was white. Go figure.

It was different in Botswana. The majority of radio amateurs in the
country were white with a few East Indians. I was president of the
Botswana Amateur Radio Society for a couple of years. Despite our best
efforts in conducting licensing classes, no black locals ever came to
more than one or two sessions. As soon as they figured that it wasn't a
course in radio repair, they quit coming. Go figure.

Whilst it's hard to tell someone's race on air, it also seems that

On "CW" noboby can tell their gender.

That maybe explains why WOMEN's tees are so "cool!" :-)

Because when using CW, nobody can tell your gender? Makes as much

sense
as anything else you've written, I suppose.

Are you THAT brain-dead or living-in-fantasy while
listening to "CW" that you CAN tell gender of the
sender?!?

You're starting to remind me of Brian Burke. You made a statement about
gender in the use of CW. You followed with "That maybe explains why
WOMEN's tees are so 'cool!' :-) "

My response to you followed that line. Pay attention. It sort of does
away for the necessity for the rest of your rant, huh?

What do you do on hearing that the other party is
female, raise the beep pitch with your BFO knob?!?

See above.

Jay-suss...big badass dave is hard-put to get
anything to attempt humiliation and denigration
of his "opponents." Tsk, tsk.

See above, little wizended Lennie.

Now you've really opened up a can of worms, Dave.

Big badass dave LIKES worms, Alun. :-)

Yes, I do, but I'm not awfully fond of you.

AWWWWWW...poor lil davie is ALL UPSET because he
isn't "loved and respected?!?" He wanna "take it
out" on others?

I didn't write that I'm upset. I wrote nothing about desiring your love
and respect. In fact, I find that very idea pretty icky.

Poor guy is looking for love in all the wrong
places. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

GET WITH THE PROGRAM.

I got with the program starting in 1963.

A discussion of anything
controversial WILL have all sorts of people "you
don't like."

Well, this discussion has you.

Sunnuvagun! [as Hans likes to say...:-) ]

Here's a newsflash, sweetums, it is NOT necessary
to "like someone" about anything.

I'm well aware of that. Nobody may force me to like you.

The SUBJECT is
(or should be) the discussion point...NOT the
person or personality of whover YOU disagree with.

Please try to remember that.

U.S. amateur radio was NOT created especially for
Dave Heil to enjoy.

I figured that was the case when I became interested. I found that
amateur radio had existed for decades before I came on the scene.

Dave Heil has NO more control
over ham radio than I do...believe it or not!

Unlike you, I have a stake in amateur radio. I am a participant in
amateur radio.

Dave Heil is NOT an FCC commissioner or staffer,
does NOT "rule" anything but lines on paper pads.

Neither are you an FCC Commissioner or staffer. You are not a licensed
participant in amateur radio. This week you've told us that you are not
interested in becoming a radio amateur.

All of Dave Heil's "tenure" in amateur radio
involves keeping his amateur license renewed.

No, most of my tenure involves operating, not worrying about keeping my
license renewed.

All the rest is arrogant posturing of the type of
personality that needs to "control" everyone else.

How arrogant is the posturing of the type of personality which is
uninvolved in an avocation in which he plays no part as a participant or
regulator? Talk about the need to control...

Dave Heil tries to "control" others by attempts at
humiliation and denigration, then gets soooooooooo
upset when he gets the same (and more) tossed right
back in his face. Poor baby...and he thought he
was "in control." Tsk, tsk, tsk.

"AWWWWWW...poor lil davie is ALL UPSET because he
isn't "loved and respected?!?" He wanna "take it
out" on others?"

--Leonard H. Anderson

"Big badass dave LIKES worms, Alun. :-) "

--Leonard H. Anderson

Sorry, Len, you were saying?

Does Dave Heil want a nice ARRL-south website where
all can congratulate him on his long "career" as an
amateur, rigidly following the league rulebook? No
problem...easy thing to do ELSEWHERE.

I have no plans to be ELSEWHERE. I'm a radio amateur, posting to an
amateur radio newsgroup.

Posture and
preen about yourself all you want (and you do so
seem to want that) ELSEWHERE.

I'm a radio amateur, posting to an amateur radio newsgroup. You posture
and preen here and you aren't a part of amateur radio. Who are you to
tell others to go ELSEWHERE?

U.S. amateur radio
is NOT under YOUR control and won't be. If you want
to pretend YOU control it, go ELSEWHERE.

You aren't a participant in amateur radio. You have no stake in it.
You currently claim that you do not desire to become a participant. Yet
you attempt controlling of amateur radio. You wish to shape it through
having regulations relating to morse code testing and the instituting of
a minimum age requirement for licening. You haven't gone ELSEWHERE so I
think I'll stick around for the fun.

Meanwhile, the demographics on U.S. amateur radio
show de facto that it is a WHITE MEN'S CLUB.

No, it isn't a CLUB at all, Leonard H. It is open to all races and any
of the several genders.

If Davie
wanna be "equal opportunity for all" (like he puts on
to me), then Davie Heil ought to for damn sure go out
and DO something about that.

Is it your view that it is my personal responsibility to recruit blacks
into amateur radio whether they care to participate or not, Lennie
Anderson?

[the rest of the world
does not exist to serve Davie Heil...or any PCTA]

What does your comment have to do with my being appointed by you to
recruit minorities, Lennie Anderson?

Posturing a lot of bull**** about "...it's open to all"
may be the SPIN that all flag-waving, arrogant WHITE
extras wanna rave about, but it's clearly NOT the
case. It hasn't been the case for half a century.

Amateur radio is administered by the Federal Government. There is no
posturing or bull**** about it. Amateur radio is open to all. Women
may participate. Minorities may participate. Participation isn't
mandatory.

Davie Heil will NOT address the de facto WHITE MEN'S
CLUB other than to misdirect into personal denigration
against another.

Your de facto WHITE MEN'S CLUB isn't de fact at all. Amateur radio
isn't closed to any citizen. Even you, could be a participant, little
wizened Lennie.

To me is going to come back with that
idiotic "promise" that I allegedly made...

I'm sure that in retrospect, it seems idiotic to you now. I'll bet you
wish you'd never made it.

...about five
years ago. Tsk, tsk. I NEVER took any "oath" or
"vows" that I would do such a thing. Got that, Davie?
NO "oaths," "vows," or promises.

Around here, a man is only as good as his word. Maybe it is different
out there on the left coast. You've used "promise", "oath" and "vow"
but I've never used those terms in describing your statement. I've used
"brag" and "boast" since those words better describe it. Your "about
five years ago" is quite correct. In all that time, you've not made
good on your boast.

Doesn't matter on the SUBJECT whether or not I "get"
a ham license.

It matters to me. It speaks to your character.

Big badass davie IS going to find some
sort of personal denigration "charge" to misdirect the
thread SUBJECT onto my person's alleged "faults." :-)

Little wizened Lennie loves to uses words like "denigration". Is it
denigration to point out that you made your well known "Extra right out
of the box" claim? Is it denigration to point to one of your factual
errors?

He can't help it. He just doesn't like those having
differing opinions than his.

You're adding two and two and coming up with the wrong answer. Bill
Sohl's opinions often differ from mine. I don't dislike Bill Sohl.
I do dislike you, little old piranha.

Davie Heil has been trying to toss me off this news-
group for over seven years on all sorts of specious
"charges."

Tsk. That's incorrect. I've not tried to toss the tosser. If you mean
that I've made you the object of ridicule and sarcasm, that'd be
correct.
Your grating, pompous manner makes you an inviting target. Weren't you
the guy who just made repeated suggestions that I be ELSEWHERE?

Tsk. He's FAILED! I'm still here. Poor
guy must be twins (he's beside himself).

Tsk. You're still an inviting target for ridicule and sarcasm.

Failure is NOT an option, Davie.

Then again, it isn't over, Lennie.

TRY to get back ON the SUBJECT...WITHOUT resorting to
all the alleged "faults" of another person. I don't
think you can do it.

What was the subject again, Len? Was it something about my liking
worms?

Dave K8MN

shortwv John Lauritsen Shortwave 0 November 28th 04 07:19 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1400 ­ June 11, 2004 Radionews General 0 June 16th 04 08:35 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1400 ­ June 11, 2004 Radionews Dx 0 June 16th 04 08:34 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1400 ­ June 11, 2004 Radionews Dx 0 June 16th 04 08:34 PM