Old March 29th 06, 11:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
K4YZ

Default The ARS NOT to move to Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau

Mork Moron wrote:
Brian P Burke, N0IMD wrote:
Mork Moron wrote:
Brian P Burke, N0IMD wrote:
Mork Moron wrote:
Brian P Burke, N0IMD wrote:
Mork Moron wrote:

The FCC has spoken. That it does not sit well with the chest thumpers
is not my problem.

sure has

like I said does not bode well for in the spectrum wars

Welp, some didn't have a clue what our standing with the FCC actually
was.

to be honest I thought with the press we have gooten we had more than
it seems we do

Perhaps the chest-thumpers only made it seem like there was a lot of
good press.

it iwas about the only good pess coming out of the disater at times

No, it wasn't.

This isn't to say that the volunteers didn't perform a
needed service or perform it well.

needed certainly but truly how well did they do? I listened to some of
it clearly the voltoteers were hampered by the fact the govt had
colapsed in the area. I caught an no ham story about a sheriff
hijacking a truckload of FEMA ice for his town that was just siting 6
day later at an ari base.

Too bad that wasn't in English and reflected some citeable facts.

the efforts were claerly confused and chaotic.

Coming from YOUR keyboard...YOU have the audacity to call something
"confused and chaotic"...?!?!

BBBWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wouldnice if the
whole could be discussed dispassionately to see where thing could be
inproved for some future disaster on this scale

but we know the chest thumpers will not allow

What "chest thumpers"...?!?!

So far, there's been nothing "negative" about the Amateur response
to "discuss".

As far as the federal, state and local government responses go,
those "discussions" ARE going on in a dispassionate manner in
APPROPRIATE forums...

Which is to say forums from which Mork Moron and Brain Burke are
either excluded or not invited due to thier lack of participation in
the event to start with, and/or their lack of ANY experience in
delivering the services that they feel compelled to pontificate about
now.

Steve. K4YZ