Old July 15th 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that persondie?

Al Klein wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:

Al Klein wrote:
Transmitters that use GPS-derived data aren't GPS-based systems, ...

Huh???? Can you prove that assertion? :-)

The notification systems are radio-based.

Your assertion that transmitting GPS coordinates is not
a GPS-based system is obviously ridiculous and hopefully
just a bad joke. Better luck next time.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
Old July 15th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Dirk wrote:
Ham's care more about operating appliances than knowing how to save a lives.

:-(

Many ham are American Red Cross first aid and adult CPR instructors.

That trumps CW at any speed.

Old July 15th 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Steve N. wrote:
Uh oh! Now a battle of the troll-o-meters...
Really cute, Bill...I love it.

73, Steve, K9DCI
P.S. I tilted my monitor and I see that this movement is a little out of
balance on the sides. End-to-end balance is ok. Carefully turn the balance
weight on the right side in a little, then it'll sit on zero regardless of
the orientation...

Press the degauss button. The needle will let go.

Old July 15th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Ham's care more about operating appliances than knowing how to save a lives.

:-(

Many ham are American Red Cross first aid and adult CPR instructors.

That trumps CW at any speed.

lol thank you for that

Old July 15th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 01:58:48 GMT, Cecil Moore
wrote:

Your assertion that transmitting GPS coordinates is not
a GPS-based system is obviously ridiculous and hopefully
just a bad joke. Better luck next time.

No GPS, the notification still occurs. No radio, the notice doesn't
occur. What was the notification based on, again?

Old July 15th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Al Klein wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
Your assertion that transmitting GPS coordinates is not
a GPS-based system is obviously ridiculous and hopefully
just a bad joke. Better luck next time.

No GPS, the notification still occurs. No radio, the notice doesn't
occur. What was the notification based on, again?

Any notification that reports GPS coordinates is GPS-based,
by definition. When you add GPS capability to a radio
transmitter, it doesn't cease to be radio-based but it also
becomes GPS-based. It's not an either/or mutual exclusive
situation. Just as one can have a vehicle that is both
white and a Chevrolet, one can have an emergency system
that is both GPS-based and radio-based.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
Old July 16th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

wrote in
oups.com:

Dirk wrote:
Ham's care more about operating appliances than knowing how to save a
lives.

:-(

Many ham are American Red Cross first aid and adult CPR instructors.

That trumps CW at any speed.

Have you ever givin CPR to a person 500 miles away? You must have long
arms.

Sc
Old July 16th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

"an old friend" wrote in
ups.com:

wrote:

Many ham are American Red Cross first aid and adult CPR instructors.

That trumps CW at any speed.

lol thank you for that

Sorry Mark, the pumping and blowing you know isn't called CPR.

SC