Old December 16th 20, 05:35 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default What is the best handheld scanner on the market today?

On Thursday, July 9, 2009 at 6:14:13 AM UTC-7, Golan Klinger wrote:
The Other Guy wrote:
Uniden BCD396XT, without a doubt.

I always get nervous when someone uses a phrase like, "without a doubt"
when discussing a subjective matter. The BCD396XT is a cracking scanner,
I'm sure we'd all agree, but the OP said he listens to cellular and he
won't be able to do that with a Uniden. So, I respectfully counter with
the Icom IC-R20 (unblocked) and/or the AOR AR-8200 Mark III. They are
worthy of a look by anyone who wants to buy a serious scanner.
--
Golan Klinger
Dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.

Old December 16th 20, 05:37 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

The Other Guy wrote:
Uniden BCD396XT, without a doubt.

I always get nervous when someone uses a phrase like, "without a doubt"
when discussing a subjective matter. The BCD396XT is a cracking scanner,
I'm sure we'd all agree, but the OP said he listens to cellular and he
won't be able to do that with a Uniden. So, I respectfully counter with
the Icom IC-R20 (unblocked) and/or the AOR AR-8200 Mark III. They are
worthy of a look by anyone who wants to buy a serious scanner.
--
Golan Klinger
Dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.

Golan: You're misquoting the movie line. The correct word is "swathe," not "suede."

handheld scanner Peter Vollan Scanner 9 November 21st 05 10:31 AM
FO: GRE PSR-275 handheld scanner Cybermaster Scanner 0 April 12th 05 07:44 PM
Number one Scanner on the market? Bill Scanner 5 January 13th 05 03:03 AM
Best Handheld Scanner Made Today? Dan Richman Scanner 3 February 6th 04 02:43 PM
Best Handheld Scanner?? carter Scanner 5 September 15th 03 10:07 AM